Samurai Sentai Shinkenger - Talk Up!

That scene was Kobayashi giving Bandai the finger, wasn't it? :laugh:

lol true

It just doesn't make sense that ShinkenOh defeated the final baddie (who is supposed to be the most powerful) when SamuraiHaOh was needed for random monsters of the week.

Well, Ha-Oh get the parts blown off of it was taking the major blows that would have original crushed Shinken-Oh on it's own and this gave the team the time to put all of theyre power together to finish him off with the final slash. The final slash was more powerful then anything else because it contained ALL of the remaining power the team had.
 
thank you so much crystal productions! I'm gonna go watch the movie now.

anyway, about Ha-Oh... I think it's just to simply reinforce Shinken-Oh as the "main" mecha in the series, and also... satisfy us fan's jokes about how Ha-Oh was too big and bulky to do anything anyway. :P
 
I've always wanted to know, you know that scene in the OP where it's just a light of Sword slashings?
....what the hell were they doing leaving that there? You'd think they would add something to replace that.
 
Got around to finishing up the series today. While I did'nt enjoy this series as much as previous ones it was'nt that bad overall and the ending was good. Two of my biggest grips with the series were the over saturation of mecha battles and the villans. While I did'nt mind the mecha themselves I did'nt like how they had to keep shoehorning them into episodes that clearly did'nt need them. Not to mention some of them were down right boring. Speaking of boring thats pretty much describs the Gedoushu. Honestly they had cool designs but had the personality of tree stumps. I had hopes for Dayu and Juzo with their interesting back stories but, they never really did anything of interest til the very end when it was really too late for me to care. I really hope Geseiger learns from shinkengers mistakes.
 
That scene was Kobayashi giving Bandai the finger, wasn't it? :laugh:

It really was. The whole group watching at my place burst out laughing when we got to Shinken-Oh finishing off Doukoku with his original finishing move.

Yeah, the writers do generally have say over how fights go, since at least in theory the fight is telling a story. In mecha anime, they'll write up a sequence and then the mechanical guys and director work out the particulars of choreographing it.

I imagine the Super Sentai process is similar, only it's the director and the SFX team instead of a team of mechanical animators.
 
anyway, about Ha-Oh... I think it's just to simply reinforce Shinken-Oh as the "main" mecha in the series

This I agree, Shinken-Oh is also the coolest looking robo of the series. Although I really like DaiKaiShinkenOh, ShinkenOh just has some extra appeal.


and also... satisfy us fan's jokes about how Ha-Oh was too big and bulky to do anything anyway. :P

This I don't totally agree. Ha-Oh is definitely so big and bulky that it just rolls around swinging its arms. However, if it had not been for it, Shinken-Oh couldn't have made that far.

But yeah, if a Shinkenger robo's power is defined by the level of Mojikara put in it, everything combination other than ShinkenOh and Tenkuu ShinkenOh would be useless now that the Shinkengers can destroy the strongest Gedoushuu with ShinkenOh:laugh:.
 
If we're talking about RPG, the STR would be determined by mojikara, however, Ha-Oh would still have more DEF and HP compared to shinken-oh.
 
There is a very positive review of Shinkenger as a whole series on kungfucinema.com and it was a delight to read. You guys should check it out. It doesn't contain any spoilers either as it went through the basics of what the show was about and what made it a successful Sentai series.

The link to the review:
http://www.kungfucinema.com/review-samu ... 2009-14128
 
I guess this topic is about dead isn't it? Well to let my rant out..... I loved Shinkenger, it's my favorite Super Sentai, ever since I've watched Shinkenger, I started with Deka, or whatever TV-Nihon started subbing. While Majiranger became my favorite back then, it wasn't till Shinkenger that I really liked watching Super Sentai. I've seen some of the old ones, like DaiRanger, and you really can't compare the ones from then to now, it's like they have different demographics that they cater to.

With the new millennium, Abaranger and Geki were the worst, and Shinkenger was the best. I'm sorry to see it end, but I can't wait till the V-Cinema comes out! I wish there was more interaction between Tono and the characters individually, especially Genta...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVED GENTA! Favorite character of all time! I wish he had more development also.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top