[CASTING CALLS] Samurai Sentai Shinkenger: The Swords of Hope

Lurker
A slightly different take on the Shikenger premise.

For many generations, the Shiba Clan and its samurai have been tasked with protecting the human world and keeping the Gedoushu at bay as the Shinkenger. After the original battle, a seal was placed on the pathways between the Sanzu River and the human world, prevent the Gedoushu from ever launch a full scale invasion. Ever since them, some evil from the Sanzu River has managed to seep through the seal and threaten the human world many, but on every single occasion, the Shikenger have come forth to protect the innocent and save the day.

Unfortunately, the seal that contained the Gedoushu within the Sanzu River was completely broken, allowing all of Dokoku's forces to invade the human world. At that time the current generation of Shinkenger was compiled by only two members, and despite their best efforts, it soon became obvious ShinkenRed and ShinkenBlue could not stop the Gedoushu threat all by themselves. In a last ditch effort, the young ShikenRed, the current head of the Shiba Clan, threw himself into the remnants of the seal and uses every last bit of his mojikara in order to reforge the seal. ShinkenRed knew that his last act could only stall the Gedoushu's invasion, but perhaps his life could buy enough time for a newer, stronger, and complete Shinkenger team to be born, and maybe they could defeat Dokoku and save the human world from its impending doom.

It has been three years since the previous ShinkenRed sacrificed himself. Cracks have already started to appear on the seal again and the Gedoushu have started to seep into the human world. The difference is that, this time, the Shinkenger are ready.

---

Rules

- Abstain from godmodding.

- Keep personal arguments out of the RPG.

- Don't use other characters without permission.

- Relationships are allows, just don't make them the focal point of the RPG.

- Character death is allow as long as there's a purpose for it.

- Normal monsters will be treated as NPC.

- Civilian characters will also be treated as NPC.

- Since Dayu and Juuzo are human turned Gedou, bios for them can be submitted.

- Bios for ShinkenGold will only be accepted later after the RPG is underway.

---

Cast

Shinkenger
ShinkenRed - Shiba Ryosuke (Redryuranger11)
ShinkenBlue - Hikide Tamaki (Galaxian)
ShinkenGreen
ShinkenPink
ShinkenYellow

Jii (Shinkenger's attendant) - NPC

Gedousho
Dokoku - (Galaxian)
Shikari - NPC
(Dayu)
Juuzo - (Redryuranger11)

---

Name - Hikide Tamaki
Age - 24
Designation - ShinkenBlue
Appearance -
Aeon_Clock_colored___III_by_AcidDaisy.jpg

Bio - The eldest son from one of the most loyal retainer families to the Shiba Clan, Tamaki was chosen to become the next ShinkenBlue due to his high amount of Mojikara. However, having been born with an innate sense of curiosity, Tamaki would rather spent his days studying and reading books than training his swordsmanship skills and his control over Mojikara. Because of that, the Shiba clan ordered that Tamaki would be transferred to the Head House where his training to become a Shinkenger would be monitored. Tamaki was forced to train alongside, Shiba Tensai, who would become ShikenRed, and despite a rough start, they soon became best friends. When the seal on the Sanzu River broke three years ago, both Tamaki and Tensai rushed in two protect the human world.

Nowadays, Tamaki is oldest member of the current Shinkenger. Having been here fighting besides the Tensai three years ago, even to this day, he has not been able to forgive himself for simply standing helplessly by as his Lord sacrificed himself for the sake of the world. Ever since then, Tamaki has prioritize his duties as ShinkenBlue above everything else. He has thrown away any desire he had as as child so the he can now become the perfect ShinkenBlue and so he will not let Tensai's sacrifice go to waste.

Personality - Due to the overwhelming guilt that Tamaki still feels, he has become a rather serious person who will not spare even a second for nonsense. Despite trying to hide it, Tamaki is actually displeased with his current team, feeling that the other's appointment as Shinkenger was rushed due to the eminent threat of the seal breaking again. Even though he respectfully maintains his allegiance as a retainer to the Shiba Clan, Tamaki has problems following the new ShinkenRed's orders, and he still feels that Tensai is his true Lord. Despite, everything, Tamaki is still a very kind person that cares for the innocent, and will not hesitate to put his body and life on the line to protect the Shiba Clan.

Last edited:
Blazing Soul!
Question, I'd like to take Shinkenred since the spot is empty but what kind of character can I make? I would assume you don't want a Shiba to be Shinkenred am I right?

Lurker
Question, I'd like to take Shinkenred since the spot is empty but what kind of character can I make? I would assume you don't want a Shiba to be Shinkenred am I right?

Actually, ShinkenRed has to be a Shiba Clan heir, that's kind of the only requisite :laugh:

That person would have assumed position as Head of Clan after Tensai sacrificed himself.

Blazing Soul!
Shiba Ryosuke:
Bio: Shiba Tensai's little brother who took the mantle of Shiba Head after his brother died. He was given the role because Tensai didn't have a heir so Ryosuke had to be given the position. He's making sure to do his best in place of his brother because he knows now the responsibility of the head falls on him. He's still young but that doesn't mean his powers are weak. He's a nice person but at times seems cold but only because he doesn't want to show weakness.

Any time he can find that he's not fighting, he'll be training, even when it's time he's supposed to be sleeping. He has a natural talent for Mojikara but he knows his swordsmanship isn't the best in the world. He's not one to let failure get to him though, he's a hard worker. His motto is "try try again". He likes making paper airplanes and does so often. He likes the feeling when he's flying inside his Shishi Origami.

Personality: He's a kind person, always thinking about others instead of himself. In fact, his personality is said to be unfit for a lord, something that Ryosuke heard was said about him, which is why he shows off a cold personality at times, to make sure he doesn't show weakness. He likes sweets, which prompts others to say he's still a child at heart, which is not something Ryosuke likes to be called. When he's fighting, Ryosuke becomes serious because he knows during a fight his life is on the line. During training Ryosuke puts on a similar serious demeanor but not as extreme as he is in battle. He's also an Otaku, collecting any merchandise that he likes and displaying it around the house. This was a hobby he had before he was Head of the Shiba Clan and he won't let his position stop him from collecting.

Appearance: (Minus the Wings)
Ten_Winged_Ryunosuke_Colored_by_blazeryu.jpg

Is this submission ok?

Last edited:
Blazing Soul!
Juzo
Bio: In the past he was a Samurai who thirst for battle. All he cared for was to find the ultimate fight. He was never satisfied, constantly finding every battler weak, unfit to be his challenger. There was one person he cared about and that was his sister, who was an ill girl that he took care of. He first started as a mercenary to get money to take care of his ill sister, but as he continued his job, he liked the feeling of swords clashing and killing. That's when he started to feel that he wanted to find the ultimate rival.

He was always being pleaded to stop by his sister, who didn't want him to go on a rampage, but alas, he continued to fight. He was finally put down by the Shiba Head at the time, but his desire for battle kept him living enough to find a way towards the Sanzu River, thus becoming a Gedounin.

He and his sister had a loving relationship. They were close but because his sister was always ill, she had to be taken care by Juzo. The shock of Juzo still wanting to kill despite her pleas caused a huge shock to her that her illness got even worse. Her desire to stop Juzo turned her into Uramasa, but at that moment, Juzo was 'killed' by the Shiba Head thus while she turned into Uramasa, a fragment of Juzo's soul seeped into the sword as well, causing it to be bonded to him.

His Uramasa is made from the soul of his sister, which he knows, and is constantly telling him to stop, but because Juzo was 'killed' once, the sword is also connected to his soul, thus meaning the sword will be loyal to him as well and is his lifeline. As long as the sword exists, if only a little shard, he'll continue to live. He yearns for battle, whether he wins or loses, just as long as he can find the perfect fighter, he'll be happy. The previous Shinkenred was powerful enough, but since he's gone, Juzo is now aiming his sight for the new head, because he senses that the new Shinkenred is much more powerful than it seems.

Juzo cannot remember who was the one who 'killed' him, just that at one point in his life he found the one who was worthy enough to be his rival but it was only a short moment. The previous Shinkenred provided him with that feeling, and he wants to feel it again. At the same time, whenever he sees a Shinkenred, he has a feeling of anger stuck on him, and he constantly wonders why he would be angry at the sight of Shinkenred. He's sadistic and a masochist, constantly inflicting pain on himself when he's going through a withdrawal of not going through a battle and he always enjoys the feeling of inflicting pain on others, but the feeling does not compare to the feeling when he's dueling a swordsman more powerful than he is.

"Just as long as my sword can continue to clash against steel and flesh, I don't care what happens to me. Now show me . . . show me the perfect battle . . . show me what I desire!"

Last edited: