PSY is fucking awesome, but how is he so successful?

I have to admit: he's cool despite the fact he was arrested 10 years ago for marijuana possession and his grandfather died three days after his arrest.
 
Shocked at the success that he has had since July. Didn't expect for the song to become a huge hit. I'm happy for him though and it gives more to K-Pop that anyone can be popular here. Sucks that Boa couldn't hit it big like Psy. I also think this song became a hit due to the dance and how ridiculous the video was. It all worked well together. I wonder what future hits will Psy have here in the States.
 
Yeah, I was disappointed with BoA's debut in the US. I did not like her songs on her English album. Well, maybe 2.
 
Sucks that Boa couldn't hit it big like Psy. I also think this song became a hit due to the dance and how ridiculous the video was. It all worked well together. I wonder what future hits will Psy have here in the States.

The weaboos love her.

I want this whole Psy thing to go away. I'm tired of hearing people say "Gangnam Style" to me. :redface2:
 
It's funny with Kpop so popular here in Japan, PSY or Gangnam Style did not catch on in Japan.

Actually the reason why Gangnam Style didn't catch on in Japan is because WHEN Gangnam Style was released, the political conflict between Japan & South Korea over "those islands" (dunno the name, I'd have to look it up again) was reaching its boiling point.

Even now, Japan has now basically began to ignore all associations with most K-pop artists b/c there is still on-going political conflict between Japan & S. Korea..........even to the point where the K-Pop artists invited to last year's Kohaku Uta Gassen WILL NO LONGER BE INVITED FOR THIS YEAR'S EVENT.

So yeah, that's why Gangnam Style isn't seducing the ears and eyes of the Japanese.
 
It's not so much the title, is that when people say it towards me; I doubt they really have a understanding of what that means.

It really doesn't mean anything. They just keep trying to pass it as Pikachu speech or something like that.

It's funny with Kpop so popular here in Japan, PSY or Gangnam Style did not catch on in Japan.

The pretty idol stuff is what's popular there. Gangnam Style became popular elsewhere just on the basis of its ridiculousness.
 
well i still think his song will end up becoming a one hit wonder by one year's time. but i do see him ending up appearing for the 2018 winter games opening or closing ceremonies(it's in Pyeongchang, South Korea) or maybe the torch passing when Sochi, Russia gives the torch to Pyeongchang at there closing ceremony.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top