Next Gundam TV Series..?

Maybe it'll have aliens.

Since the point of the 00 Movie was to bring extra-terrestrial life into Gundam. Then, I hope it's related to Future Century.
 
There is something coming in March which was hinted by one of the mechanical designers on Twitter. I think it was the person that designed SEED's mobile suits. He was hinting on something related to a new series. Don't quote me though.
 
And I've kinda always figured that with all the jumps into the future the late UC material was doing, they might as well have been AU anyway.
 
There is something coming in March which was hinted by one of the mechanical designers on Twitter. I think it was the person that designed SEED's mobile suits. He was hinting on something related to a new series. Don't quote me though.

Kunio Okawara has been the go-to mech designer for Gundam for quite awhile now, not just in SEED. Thought Ebikawa and Yanase did most of the heavy lifting in 00.

I much prefer Katoki, but I thought Yanase had some interesting ideas for 00.
 
i was still hoping for more AD Time Line action...

how about an alternate future which Setsuna died at the end of 00S2 instead...??

How about retconning the entire 00 movie and make a 3rd season...?? :laugh:
 
Not really a show, but I'd like to see a OVA of Beltorchika's Children, so we can see the Hi-Nu and the Nightingale in anime action.
 
But don't you want to watch Hi-Nu in Gunpla Builders? :D

Before SEED was announced there were heavy rumors of Gundam doing a series about using Mobile Suits as deep space exploration technology. So you wouldn't have aliens, but you would explore what it might be like when people left Earth behind completely. I think that if Gundam returned to UC, they could very easily return to this premise.

(Yeah, I know Stargazer technically touched on this, but so briefly that there's still plenty of ways you could build a TV show around it that felt nothing like Stargazer.)

The benefit of using UC even as unrecognizable far-future UC is the setting physics. You can just use the Minovsky stuff that was worked out in the 80s and is pretty much consistent if you can accept that Minovsky particles can exist. SEED and 00 both had serious problems working out coherent setting physics (though 00's effort at it was better overall).

I seriously don't want another Gundam show + aliens. The way 00 did it worked only when the aliens were off-camera and the emphasis was on human conflicts. The minute the aliens showed up the plot degenerated into a poor man's Macross. There's no point to making that, especially when 00 is substantially worse than just about all of Macross that exists to date.

(Well, maybe not Macross II or Dynamite 7, but... you get my drift.)
 
I hope the next Gundam series will be like how Gundam Wing was.

Here's an idea I got:

A young Christian boy from the Philippines was caught in a war between Christians and sinners. A young boy finds himself without hope and soon comes across a Gundam. The boy soon grows up and teams up with certain people from all over the world.

He also searches for his lost sister who disappeared during the war. Now the gundam pilots, injected with nanomachines, are united for one purpose... to eradicate sin from the world and end the devils' from harming too many lives.

The nanomachines are made for each pilot to pilot one mobile suit, while the gundam pilots' nanomachines are injected in their bodies to pilot any suit.

Gundam team:
- Philippines (a soldier & musician) - Multi-Mode Purpose/General Purpose
- Russia (a circus performer - a contortionist) - Close-Quarters Combat
- USA (a gunman) - Artillery
- Oceans (a pirate/a hacker) - Aquatics Combat
- England (a jet pilot) Air Combat
- Kenya (a doctor) - Assault
- Japan (a ninja) - Stealth Attack

The nanomachines will be like Metal Gear Solid. Their missions will followed by the Bible.

I call this show, Gundam Genesis.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top