Most Overrated / Annoying Sentai Ranger

TimeFire is overated. Annoying? Natsuki, Eri, and that damn GekiRed.

And if ANYONE, I mean ANYONE says AbareKiller is either.... you have failed.
 
The one ranger i despise is Ikari Gai, i would make a better GokaiSilver than him.

As for Overrated i would say it would be Hyuga from Gingaman everyone keeps kissing his ass at least that i know of, i never saw anything in him that was that amazing but i do give the original KuroKishi credit, he was the one who gave Hyuga his powers and his reputation IMO.

I also somewhat hate Alata, essentially he & Eri were the worst things about Goseiger, i so wanna punch him in the face, as for Eri, her children will be even bigger Idiots than she is.

i guess i wasnt supposed to let out my supressed rage?
 
Luka is both overrated and annoying whenever she tries to act like a smart bitch. :P Takeru (Shinkenger) is definitely overrated, but he was actually just a guy who emo-ed about his true position. since when Arata was annoying? if your reason is going to be "because he looks like a girl", then your argument is invalid. :P what else... *thinks*
 
Mele disturbs me for similar reasons. She doesn't "love" Rio, she is obsessed with him. Her every waking moment is consumed by her obsession and Rio is the sole focus of her character. I'd call both Rio and Mele annoying AND overrated

Plus she keeps switching from someone we're supposed to take seriously to a complete cartoonish fangirl for Rio. Plus she's a corpse. A dead woman is lusting over the living.

If it was meant to be cute, then I have to say the heroines and villainesses of years past did a better job at it. Someone like Mei or Sae can be cute simply be doing normal things, whereas now see stuff like Umeko playing with rubber ducks and Natsuki acting like she's five.

I think Burai is really over rated just because he's the first official 6th ranger. People act like he's the best.

He really doesn't do that much beyond his intro arc. (Though I do like the episode with the spinning wheel and his death arc.) He doesn't even transform all that often.
 
Big One: I like him. And he was definitely badass in Gao vs SS. But I don't think he deserves the massive amounts of praise that he keeps getting.

Nanami (HurricaneBlue): A lot of people praise her as one of the best female sentai warriors in the last decade. But I personally have mixed feelings on her to think she has earned the praise she gets. During the first half of Hurricaneger, she just acted like an idiot, which I really did not find cute or to have any sort of charm at all. It was just annoying. I do think she became likable in the second half though when the actress improved.

Shurikenger: This guy had his fun moments. But I do not think he's one of the better sixth rangers like he's praised to be. I kinda feel like he was a bit too gimmicky compared to let's say... Ninjaman from Kakuranger. Shurikenger's story with Gozen was pretty cool, but it came in way too late. And it made the character pretty inconsistent considering he was comedic for most of the show, and then suddenly in the last 10 eps, he becomes a much darker and tragic character.

Akashi (BoukenRed): I'm very mixed on him. Half of me thinks Akashi knows how to keep finding interesting things and never getting bored. While the other half of me thinks Akashi is far too obsessed with adventuring in favor compared to the safety of his friends. I do not think Akashi is one of the better reds like many say he is. And I do not see Akashi as an old school style red. I think Marvelous and Gou (GekiViolet) succeeded in areas where Akashi failed.

The first five Shinkengers (Takeru, Ryuunosuke, Mako, Chiaki, and Kotoha): I think the cast is okay, but I don't think they're one of the better ones like many have said they are. The actors that portray them are decent. But also the way they are written isn't very subtle and doesn't really make them very unique characters.
 
Nanami (HurricaneBlue): A lot of people praise her as one of the best female sentai warriors in the last decade. But I personally have mixed feelings on her to think she has earned the praise she gets. During the first half of Hurricaneger, she just acted like an idiot, which I really did not find cute or to have any sort of charm at all. It was just annoying. I do think she became likable in the second half though when the actress improved.

I agree. It's generalising, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of her appeal rests upon people finding her "hot" and/or enjoying her romance with Isshu. As a character in her own right ... she didn't do a lot. None of the Hurricanegers were particularly developed or strong warriors or unique. But I do agree that her actress improved later in the show.

The first five Shinkengers (Takeru, Ryuunosuke, Mako, Chiaki, and Kotoha): I think the cast is okay, but I don't think they're one of the better ones like many have said they are. The actors that portray them are decent. But also the way they are written isn't very subtle and doesn't really make them very unique characters.

Because Goseiger and Go-onger are generally hated in fandom, and Gekiranger gave no thought to any of its heroes that weren't named Jan, Shinkenger's characters do look better compared to the recent shows surrounding it, even if the Shinkengers weren't that well written in themselves
 
I want to say GoseiKnight, from what I've seen of him I don't think he's a big of a deal as a lot of people (even those who dislike Goseiger) say he is... But, I've only seen him in two movies so I'll put an asterisk on his "overrated" label.
 
The Goseiger girls.

Individually, they're okay, but when they're together they usually act and sound like a pair of screeching idol-wannabe fangirls. That nasal voice they use when they henshin just makes it worse. ShinkenPink has it worse because not only is her henshin call nasal, it's also monotonic, but at least she seems to try to stay out of focus for the rest of the show.

For overrated, I'd say ShinkenRed. He looks cool and sounds cool most of the time, but in most of the series, particularly the last part, he looks either tired and/or emaciated. Tired is acceptable because of the story, but there's no explanation as to why he seems to have forgotten food and drink for weeks.
 
Like I mentioned over in the Unpopular Opinions thread, Jetman's Gai Yuuki is both grossly overrated and very annoying. He's supposed to be so badass...yet he gets smacked around just as easily and just as often as any of the other civilian members of the team and his victories are no more or less impressive than the others. He's supposed to be such a great second-in-command, yet is always the first to want to abandon the fight and even does so on one occasion for incredibly trivial and petty reasons. He's supposed to be cool and charming, but all his displays of performative heterosexuality are skeevy and his obsessive, stalkerish behavior towards Kaori shudder inducing. He has that great rivalry with Gray, which amounts to a game of roulette near the end of the series and a fight where they both admit there really isn't any reason for them to be fighting in the first place. Riveting. But most of all, Gai is supposed to be based on Joe Asakura, AKA Joe the Condor from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. Joe is an amazing and awesome character, but none of that carries over to Gai, only the most superficial and trivial bits map over and that's not anything worth mentioning. This is especially weird, considering that the rest of the team maps to their Gatchaman counterparts reasonably well, but somehow they dropped the ball on Gai.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top