Marvel's Wolverine on Animax

I watched the Raw earlier, it's still odd seeing wolverine almost bishounen like, but I mean we had hugh jackman for most of the films so a taller wolverine is no problem. It's actualy pretty bloody and Wolverine is as feral as ever, if a bit more stylish than previous incarnations, he shows off using a beer can XD

What interests me here is that he's a bit well inexperienced but I guess that's where japan comes into play as logan gets his ass kicked by a well disciplined sword user.
 
Still havent watched, but tell me: is it worthy?

Because I'm an huge Wolverine fan, so I'm obviously curious, but I dont want to be disappointed. I'll watch it anyway, of course, but please tell me if it sucks, so I'm not gonna have high hopes.
 
Now with 80% more flowing hair!
YouTube - Wolverine Anime Trailer

:laugh:

I don't know. This anime doesn't look natural to me.

Anyway....I must admit I am curious: is there a reasonable plot to this? Or is this just 'Wolverine kicks butt, episode (insert each episode number of the series here)'?

This is what I'm wondering as well. I saw an episode of Iron Man and I was disappointed. :disappoin The trailer looks like it won't be good, but I've seen trailers that look better than the actual features and features that look better than the trailers.
 
*points up at impression* : < so ignored I feel

anyway short story, it's wolverine we're watching that's for sure, it's flashy and atm may lack a bit of substance, imo it's much better than iron man atm if only for the lack of that really shitty cgi ;w;
 
I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. Wolverine seems more suited to Madhouse's art style than poor Tony.

As far as I can tell the story will be more intimate than the Iron Man one, focusing on Logan's relationship with Mariko with a fair bit of gritty crime conspiracy providing the backdrop.

On the writing end, we have Kaji Kengo, who previously was head writer on GARO, taking Inoue's place.

So far I like how they're handling his powers, and the fights themselves are really well-directed.
 
I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. Wolverine seems more suited to Madhouse's art style than poor Tony.

As far as I can tell the story will be more intimate than the Iron Man one, focusing on Logan's relationship with Mariko with a fair bit of gritty crime conspiracy providing the backdrop.

On the writing end, we have Kaji Kengo, who previously was head writer on GARO, taking Inoue's place.

So far I like how they're handling his powers, and the fights themselves are really well-directed.

This. Seriously, the first few minutes of the 1st ep caused me to say this, "Madhouse has just redeemed itself."

Marvel Anime: Wolverine 01 – Mariko Review
Done with a complete review of the first ep.
 
Last edited:
This show has done one thing other shows with Wolvie has not. Allowed him to use his claws properly. Which is awesome.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top