Read my smart post
More people need to be reading Astonishing X-Men, written by Marjorie Liu. It's consistently one of the best books on the stand

More people need to be reading Astonishing X-Men, written by Marjorie Liu. It's consistently one of the best books on the stand
A little late, it's canceled as of October. Though the rumor is that it will get a relaunch next year along with X-Factor. Which you know X-Factor would have been such a better name for All-New X-Men.

On a minor note, it seems hell froze over since the Marvel UK characters are getting a relaunch with "Revolutionary War". This just makes me so happy. I just hope that if there are re-designs they stay true to their absurd 90's roots.

Alright we have the New Universe and Marvel UK down, all we need is some Shadowline & Ultraverse love and then we will have all failed Marvel imprints represented. (I included the Ultraverse on there since it was Marvel's fault that it tanked.) My one question is if Razorline should be included, does Clive Barker own the rights to those characters I know he at least owns the Saint Sinner name.

Read my smart post
A little late, it's canceled as of October. Though the rumor is that it will get a relaunch next year along with X-Factor. Which you know X-Factor would have been such a better name for All-New X-Men.

NOOOO!

I really hope Marvel puts Marjorie Liu on another book, I loved her run on X-23 too, I find her one of the few writers actual able to tell a character driven story over multiple issues

I don't know if it's been posted here yet, but apparently they're ending the Ultimate Universe at the end of the year. 616 Galactus is allegedly going to wipe it out, with a couple Ultimate Characters surviving into the 616 Universe.

Which is too bad. I'm not a big Marvel fan, but recently Ultimate books have gotten back onto being really well written.

Well it wasn't quite said like that, pretty much what was announced is that the mysterious Cataclysm book that was showed in the October solicitations with no other information is a follow up series to Hunger; Cataclysm: The Ultimate's Last Stand.

The way Bendis said it in the panel it seems this will bring HUGE changes to the Ultimate line since he was also hinting at a 200th anniversary issue for Ultimate Spider-Man. Ohh and he also pointed that Cataclysm is somewhat a "sequel" to Spider-Men and there will be a follow up on what Peter found out about 616 Miles Morales....

So it doesn't seem that the Ultimate Universe will be destroyed, but I presume there will be a huge amount of casualties and some changes similar to what Ultimatum did and open the doors between the 616 and Ultimate Universes.

Ohh and out of the announcements, I'm also excited for "Darkest Hours" in Superior Spider-Man! (Flash-Venom meeting Superior Spider-Man for the first time)

I hope that the symbiote recognizes something is wrong with Spider-Man.

Don't get me wrong, I love Spider-Ock SO MUCH that I would legit be okay with him being Spider-Man forever. But I really feel the symbiote knows Peter so well that if ANYONE/THING would instantly know it wasn't Peter, it's the suit.

I just hope it's addressed once.

Yeah about that.....it was stated in the panel (after a fan asked the same question) that the symbiote no longer knows after OMD and also since Anti-Venom "cleansed" Peter from whatever traces of symbiote was in his system Venom is no longer able to sense him.

But I bet Flash will realize that there is something off with Spider-Man since he is basically a Spidey-fanboy.

The symbiote just doesn't know?

Goddammit. Stuff like is what made me stop liking Marvel. There's a couple good series I like, but the way they tell stories turned me from a Marvel Zombie into a DC Fanboy.

But I bet Flash will realize that there is something off with Spider-Man since he is basically a Spidey-fanboy.
No Flash is "The" Spider-Fan. Which is why I still have a problem with him taking the Venom name. I get the reason of having the book titled Venom, but if in story they had him go by something else I think it would make a lot more sense.

Also I call shenanigans on the symbiote not knowing Spider-Man's identity. I think they don't want people to forget OMD.

Hawkguy Annual - Such a great read! And a nice callback to earlier issues....I loved the inner thinking panels of Kate. Is interesting now that the book will have one issue following Clint and the next Kate and so and so....

Superior Spider-Man #14 - Well spOck is really doing his job! I like how he trying to do the right thing in such a forward way is benefiting the Green Goblin. I also love his new suit and that FINALLY he has 4 "legs" from his backpack instead of the 3 that the Iron Spider suit had.

New Avengers #8 - Another great issue that is setting many things and even falling into continuity with so many other books (including Infinity). Ohh man, that ending was great and now I want to see how this team handles Thanos invasion.

Scarlet Spider #19 - Well it was an interesting issue and I guess I should picked 12.1, ANYWAYS...now I want to see how the meet up between Kaine and spOck goes!

Young Avengers #8 - Another fun issue! No-Varh is just hilarious and that ending....well damn.

Last edited: