Least Favorite Sentai

Not sure if there's thread on here like this, but here go's

What is your lest favorite sentai and WHY?
and please note: BE CIVIL!!!
Everyone has there own opinions on a show. Just because you like it doesn't give you a right to call them an idiot and that they just don't get it!
I want this thread to be as clean as possible. If it does get too out of hand I'll ask the Mods to lock it o.k.?
Hope that clears somethings up :)

ALRIGHT! Let's start

MY lest favorite it Boukenger
The whole show should have just been called "Running around looking for crap"
The "Precious" are macguffens, most have no purpose in the story at all other then just "It's rare and possibly dangers, so we must find it before these evil clans get them and use them to...take over the world?...whatever,ADVENTURE HO!"
Speaking of the villains, the main clans are really boring. They just didn't seem threatening at all, especially Gajya who's head gear looks like a giant ****
The only good villain (and the best character of the show) was Yaiba, and oh god don't even get me started on Shizuka :mad:

As for the rangers themselves
Satoru is too stoic
Masumi is too much of an ass
Shouta is just boring
Natsuki is really annoying
Sakura is boring as well
and Eiji...is just kinda meh.

So yeah, that's my least favorite sentai.
What's yours?

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Oh joy, another thread sure to degenerate into Goseiger/Go-onger bashing!

I have buried the hatchet with Shinkenger, though it still isn't a favourite of mine. My least favourite Sentai is Magiranger.

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
Umm....guess mine is obvious, Shinken.

I'd argue though Bouken is a good show.....but i dont feel like debating XD

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
Oh joy, another thread sure to degenerate into Goseiger/Go-onger bashing!I have buried the hatchet with Shinkenger, though it still isn't a favourite of mine. My least favourite Sentai is Magiranger.
No coco, not the way you start. :nono:

Even though you might be right, it'll probably happen down the road. Still, you already set the bar for negativity as soon as you said that.

lazycoconut

No coco, not the way you start. :nono:

Even though you might be right, it'll probably happen down the road. Still, you already set the bar for negativity as soon as you said that.
What happens every time we have a thread or poll like this for Sentai? People bash Go-onger and Goseiger for several pages. I am simply stating a fact.

lazycoconut

Was never a fan of the Wings, is it too much to let Tokuyama have fun with a character that isn't super serious?
He seems to always be typecast as the moody, angry guy. It looks like he had great fun playing Hiroto, but, yeah, playing to type again :sweat:

I felt no reason to like any of them, Akashi was an ass, Sakura often just didn't know whether she wanted to be this super harden military woman or get butterflies in her stomach whenever she thought about Akashi.
Thank you. I will never understand why people love Akashi so much. Sakura is the Sentai equivalent of Saeko Sonozaki - initially tough woman who becomes a simpering moron over a man

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
What happens every time we have a thread or poll like this for Sentai? People bash Go-onger and Goseiger for several pages. I am simply stating a fact.
You're still not a mind reader foo. :shakefist

Anyways my least favorite Sentai would probably be Go-onger or dare I say it...Maskman. Now that doesn't mean I don't like it, but it is my least favorite.

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
He seems to always be typecast as the moody, angry guy. It looks like he had great fun playing Hiroto, but, yeah, playing to type again :sweat:
Yeah, I mean, he does well with what he's given, but I get the feeling he's got more range than he's allowed. I used to follow his blog for a few years after Kabuto and the guy is batshit crazy. He acts like a four year old on a sugar rush half the time and I imagine he could really enjoy a character that lets him act in that manner as well.

KingRanger

Banned
None. There is always something to like about a sentai or toku. But I hear hating a show that MIGHT get popular is the thing to do :laugh:

lazycoconut

Yeah, I mean, he does well with what he's given, but I get the feeling he's got more range than he's allowed. I used to follow his blog for a few years after Kabuto and the guy is batshit crazy. He acts like a four year old on a sugar rush half the time and I imagine he could really enjoy a character that lets him act in that manner as well.
He does have just the right look for playing menacing bad-boy types, but yeah, it would be a nice change to see him as something else. I liked Hiroto much more when he got silly comical scenes to do

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
Gah, guess I lied lol
[HIDE]Boukenger: B-O-R-I-N-G BORING. I will never understand how 90% of the tokusatsu fandom has a huge man crush on the show. I found myself already disliking the show by just the fifth episode and never really regaining any appeal outside of the Eiji episodes. The characters just did nothing for me, I felt no reason to like any of them, Akashi was an ass, Sakura often just didn't know whether she wanted to be this super harden military woman or get butterflies in her stomach whenever she thought about Akashi. I'll admit, I did like Souta and Natsumi, to an extent. I felt Masumi was the biggest waste in the show. There were hints at him being this character with an aspect that makes him different from the rest and (much like in Shinkenger) it's mentioned once and then never really brought up again until the final episodes. His reasons for leaving the team were...well not the worst, but I never really felt like it was his only option and like it was played out all that well. But, even my least favorite shows tend to have their good points and in Boukenger it's Eiji. Without a doubt, Eiji is my favorite sixth warrior character, I love his half-demon backstory and especially loved that it basically had a conclusion[/HIDE].
Story was appealing to others? Each episode (or so) they found different precious', it just didnt float ur boat.
And it seems your biggest gripe is not liking the characters and I know how thats a big factor for you.

Dr Kain

Well this is redundant, but it is Go-Onger. The whole series was just bad. The villians were crap, the mechs had cutesy eyes, and the rangers was very lackluster. Every episode I watched was painful and the ending was a waste.

Well this is redundant, but it is Go-Onger. The whole series was just bad. The villians were crap, the mechs had cutesy eyes, and the rangers was very lackluster. Every episode I watched was painful and the ending was a waste.
Agree!
Go-Onger comes in 2nd as my worst sentai.
Not sure what would come in 3rd yet, haven't seen a whole lot of sentai yet.

Maybe Lazycoconut was right. This might turn into a Go-onger/Goseiger bashing thread :laugh:
Just as long as it doesn't become a blood bath

Arkvoodle

Goseiger.

It feels like it should work; it has all the elements of success- interesting premise, cool designs, fantastic Zords- but it fails in my eyes because of the cast. Not one of the Gosei characters is the slightest bit likable to me and if I can't connect with the cast I have no reason to root for them.

Dr Kain

Agree!
Go-Onger comes in 2nd as my worst sentai.
Not sure what would come in 3rd yet, haven't seen a whole lot of sentai yet.

Maybe Lazycoconut was right. This might turn into a Go-onger/Goseiger bashing thread :laugh:
Just as long as it doesn't become a blood bath
To make it better though, DekaRanger is my second least favorite series followed by TurboRanger. Normally, I would put Goseiger and Dynaman in there, but I could not bring myself to watch the full series, so it would not be fair in this thread.

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Boukenger was terrible and boring. As for Eiji. He is incredibly boring! FUCKING BORING. I hate Boukenger with burning passion. I don't even understand why people love this show. Seriously. This show don't have any story and what were they looking for... oh wait... they were looking for the PRECIOUS!

I hate Go-Onger because it was really painful to watch the episodes. Too much retarded lame comedy bullshit.

Gaoranger. The problem is that the characters were boring. Also, they don't have the main villain. Really.

I don't hate any season. But I do have mixed feelings with these 12 seasons (#12 being my least favorite of the 12). And I'm only going to point out the problems I had with these shows. So I don't hate them xD :

1. Shinkenger (During the middle, it ignored the villains. And the action, music, choreography, plot pacing, and designs fell flat.)
2. Zyuranger (For half the show, the Zyurangers took a backseat from the Child of the Week)
3. Fiveman (Had bad writing. Reused plots from previous seasons. Character derailment on the villain's part. And puppets that narrated the fight scenes.)
4. Goggle-V (Goggle-V is good. But it didn't have any character interaction between the Goggle-V. And the show got a bit repetitive.)
5. Go-onger (Hardly had much of a plot. And it's comedic timing completely fell apart after the Wings appeared imo.)
6. Denziman (Just basic Sentai stuff. Didn't care much for the 70s style music and other stuff like that.)
7. Battle Fever J (Same as Denziman, but had a few more issues with it.)
8. Sun Vulcan (Bland characters. No plot. But the action was at least good.)
9. Dynaman (Bland and unimaginative.)
10. Goseiger (Perhaps the worst Sentai in terms of execution in almost all areas)
11. JAKQ (Not much to say about this season. Got cut short. I found it quite boring. Only Big One was the redeeming factor.)
12. Goranger (This show is fine. But nothing too too special compared to it's successors. But man, 84 eps is way too long.)

Oh, and Boukenger rules! :loltongue:

Boukenger was terrible and boring. As for Eiji. He is incredibly boring! FUCKING BORING. I hate Boukenger with burning passion. I don't even understand why people love this show. Seriously. This show don't have any story and what were they looking for... oh wait... they were looking for the PRECIOUS!

I hate Go-Onger because it was really painful to watch the episodes. Too much retarded lame comedy bullshit.

Gaoranger. The problem is that the characters were boring. Also, they don't have the main villain. Really.
Kinda funny cause every time they said precious I was hoping to hear Golems voice :laugh:

I thought Gaoranger was o.k.....not good,but not bad either. It had it's awesome moment (25th Anniversary anyone?) I find it to be just your middle of the road sentai show.

Mastodon