Most to Least Favorite of All Watched Sentai (2013 Version)

^ That's the whole thing, though: it sounds engaging when you describe it, yet I kept falling asleep whenever I sat down to watch it, it was so uninteresting. (And it wasn't fatigue from watching several shows back-to-back, since I watched Shinkenger, a show I had dropped before, after Abaranger and found that much more entertaining.) Plus the Carranger - type humor felt out of place in a show that wasn't attempting parody.

Gaoranger is not one of my favorites, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I had just finished reading Journey to the West before watching it that I could appreciate the Orgs and the spiritual aspects more than I might have. I'll agree that Abaranger has more going on than Gaoranger, at the very least.

Here's mine

Awesome Tier:
Gokaiger
GoGoV
Kakuranger
Magiranger

Best Tier:
Gaoranger
Go-Onger
Shinkenger
Kyoryuger

Decent Tier:
Goseiger
Zyuohger

Would'nt watch again unless being tortured Tier:
Go-Busters
Toqger

^ That's the whole thing, though: it sounds engaging when you describe it, yet I kept falling asleep whenever I sat down to watch it, it was so uninteresting. (And it wasn't fatigue from watching several shows back-to-back, since I watched Shinkenger, a show I had dropped before, after Abaranger and found that much more entertaining.) Plus the Carranger - type humor felt out of place in a show that wasn't attempting parody.

Gaoranger is not one of my favorites, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I had just finished reading Journey to the West before watching it that I could appreciate the Orgs and the spiritual aspects more than I might have. I'll agree that Abaranger has more going on than Gaoranger, at the very least.

Eh, that's just Arakawa's style. I felt the humor made the show more colorful instead of feeling tonal whiplash like with certain Kobayashi or Sanjo shows. Different strokes, I guess.