My Favorite Sentai hero is Gai Yuki A.K.A. Black Condor. Why? Because he is the first Sentai hero to against red ranger's order and plus he awesome (I cannot cuss that part of the rule) ans he doesn't need a no stinky ranger key to transform because he Black Condor and he got a saddest death scene, he will be remember as the greatest black ranger ever.

My Least-Favorite Sentai Hero is I know this is sound controversial but Natsuki Mamiya A.K.A. Bouken Yellow.she is the reason of why I don't like about Boukenger, I love her backstory but she can be annoying and I was surprised that she was based on Ako Hayasaka A.K.A. Blue Swallow, Ako doesn't like girly girl to Natsuki.

Who is your favorite and least-favorite Sentai hero

K

kamil88

Favorite: Too many to choose
Least favorite: Mei from Zyuranger, annoying voice, and no personality at all.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Favourite: Tsuruhime, NinjaWhite. The show gave her a rough deal sometimes, but to me, she's still one of the most badass Sentai heroines and has the added bonus of being both the first female team leader and the youngest to date.

Least favourite: It's a toss-up between Hikaru, MagiShine (who is such a smug jackass I want to punch him every time he's on screen) and Dr Ulshade (unfunny waste of space)

Last edited:
For favourite I have to join kamil88 and say too many to choose. The problem is great characters don't exist in isolation. Shinken Red for example, would be a candidate but that's because of the interaction between his character and the other four initial Shinkengers, which was well written and well performed by a cast with chemistry together.

Worst is easy though - Kibaranger Kou. That little perv needs a punch in the face. After he's introduced the show really focuses on him, not because of his story but so he can do "wacky antics" that were infuriatingly unfunny. He's the only Sentai character that actually made me mad when watching them, and there was a period of about a month where I stopped watching Dairanger because the character had just killed my enjoyment of what was otherwise one of the great Sentai series.

I generally don't dislike other "hated" characters though. Magi Pink is my favourite Magiranger, and after Doggie and Swan, Umeko is probably my next favourite Deka. I don't really mind the more unpopular casts like the Go-Ongers, Goseigers or Go-Busters. I don't even hate the "loud rookie red" architype, although I must admit that when trying to think of my favourite characters I didn't even consider Deka or Geki Red. On the other hand I tend to be unimpressed by sixth rangers, who generally end up being my least favourite member of their team.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
MagiPink was very close on my list of least favourite. She is so stupid it's almost offensive. But I didn't want to punch her the way I did with Shine, so, he won. It's also pretty much a given that I will loathe any character who doesn't really do anything, but we're supposed to like them for a superficial reason. Yuka Yamazaki is a waste of space, but we're supposed to like her just because she is the hero's love interest. Ulshade is a waste of space, but we're supposed to like him just because Shigeru Chiba plays him.

A lot of my favourite characters are my favourite because of the way they made me feel, even if they are not considered to be objectively well written. And while I'm aware that's a sappy/irrational way to watch, that's just how it is. I always liked AbareKiller, for instance, but he didn't really make it to my favourites list until I saw Deka vs Aba and the scene at the end where he vanishes (which is one of the very few scenes in tokusatsu that has ever made me cry.) People complain that the Gokaigers are flat characters but I will always love them because I associate them with that vibe of recklessness and adventure and fun.