The Ranger with the Cowbell
Here's my wacky description for Wizard: The best of the worst Kamen Rider series. It had potential and had good moments but overall not a good addition to the franchise. However it is better than Hibiki, Decade and Blade (I think is the other bad one, that or Kabuto). Note this is an opinion and from what I could glean from other people's views as a general consensus. Not a fact.

Aronbafon
The potential for Wizard was huge and the hype was great.
One of the writers from Hibiki - Cool.
Good looking early designs (Basic Styles and first Phantoms)
A magic based Rider fightign demons - neat.

And then the execution happened. The most important persno for us to bond with during the show... Was barely in it. Plot that went places... Was barely present.

Dragon was shrugged off very early.
Chimera's need for Mana was made irrelevant fast.
Nitou had near zero plot outside feeding Chimera and jobbing.
The villains were incompetent on new levels of stupidity.

And really the list goes on. Wizard is all flair and no substance and in the end, a show where you can practically skip two thirds of the episodes and barely lose on the plot.

Eenymeenyminymo
Here's my problem with the "twist". Fueki needed people to go into despair, overcome it, and turn into wizards, but Wizard prevented most people from even start going into despair, so throughout the story Wizard did more harm than good to Fueki's plan, but Fueki was just fine letting him continue like that.

Weeeeell, considering Fueki sacrificed, what, 22 or so people initially and got only one Wizard? Now that we know how it all ended, I like to think the real reason that Phantoms didn't get to go on rampages was because Fueki didn't want the guilt of random people getting slaughtered. Though I agree it is stupid to have the only times that Haruto couldn't get to the victim generate new Wizards. However, in the case of the boy, it was the knowledge that his lady-friend was all right that saved him. The case of the man, that his quite pregnant wife was all right. That leaves Mayu, in fact, as the only one of the three who made the choice and became a wizard without seeing that the person she loved was alive and rescued before her eyes.

] Now that we know how it all ended, I like to think the real reason that Phantoms didn't get to go on rampages was because Fueki didn't want the guilt of random people getting slaughtered.

What? This guy was willing to try and invoke sabbats that would kill people just to revive his daughter. I don't think he does guilt regarding innocent lives.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Definitely disappointing, since even the fight scenes which were the bright spots of the show early on in the end couldn't salvage the feeling of lost potential and mask the flailing of Kida's writing.

Well, now we know who was really behind Hibiki's superb first half.

Shiraishi Shunya is a great actor and I hope he finds success in the future like Suda, Shu and Fukushi have in the past three years. I think it's a great time for rider actors once again.

Nagase Tasuku was the worst secondary rider actor I've seen in awhile though. Maybe it was the writing, maybe it was Nagase himself but wow, we've had some epic secondary rider moments in the past (even if Ryuusei reused the revenge plot from Terui) but Beast literally had nothing going for him. Probably because Kida didn't really care for him though.

The show didn't really have an emotional core, which is something you'd expect from a series that was focused around saving people from despair and "hope", which is an old schtick that when done right isn't bad at all. I didn't really any moments where I went "Wow! Now that is why I watch Robot Karate Bugmen fight people in rubber suits!". It didn't wow me or keep me entertained at all.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I have to say Koyomi was a huge weak link for the show. It wouldn't be the first time that they'd cast someone who could not commit to filming because of their idol career - the actors of Hiyori and Drake come to mind. But it is a problem when Koyomi is supposed to be so central to the story and to Haruto yet she was never given the chance to make an impact. She had very little personality of her own, her entire character revolves around Haruto, and there's little to make the viewer emotionally invested in her. The only people I've encountered who really like her are shippers, and they're happy with anything as long as she and Haruto are in the same shot together.

I really think the "victim of the week" format let down the show too. Pretty much all of them were dreadful characters that contributed nothing to the storyline and were just very, very boring - at least Den-O and W tried to make the victims of the week a bit more lively.

Good bits! Shunya Shiraishi is talented as others have mentioned. The show had some great visuals and a soundtrack I loved. I liked Gremlin and most of the supporting cast - hate on, haters.

However it is better than Hibiki, Decade and Blade (I think is the other bad one, that or Kabuto).

Kabuto would be the unpopular one. Most people LOVE Blade

Lurker
The series itself had great potential, which was shown AT TIMES.

They just got the wrong head producer to execute whatever Kida was planning when he wrote the plot for the show.

Just like Naomi needs to stay the **** outta Sentai, Utsunomiya needs to stay the **** outta Rider and return to making Sentai shows where the Rangers are flashy but the villians look like wimps.

Utsunomiya thought he can get away by making a flashy Rider with villians that were primarily incompetent, just like he was able to get away with in Shinkenger and Gokaiger with flashy Rangers and incompetent villians. That ultimately failed here, especially since he was also dealing with a head writer in Kida that was also attempting to follow the "old Heisei ways" of Rider shows.

They also need to double-check on the casting of their characters b/c clearly it hurt Wizard the most by having their plot depended on a character whose actress can only appear part-time.

i agree with you

Lurker
Here's my wacky description for Wizard: The best of the worst Kamen Rider series. It had potential and had good moments but overall not a good addition to the franchise. However it is better than Hibiki, Decade and Blade (I think is the other bad one, that or Kabuto). Note this is an opinion and from what I could glean from other people's views as a general consensus. Not a fact.

how can opinion based on other consensus make you feel a certain way about a show I love Decade i know it had its problems but i love that show and it's rider. Wizard i like the charecter but the show overall had issues and the writing was the biggest problem that the writer wasted allot potential the show had.