1236922_10102482441663887_1195925753_n.jpg

[Artist Credit]

Sooo... we record the series review before the crossover stuff this weekend.

Might pick from here to address fan reaction.

So, what'd you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit and trim it down to 20 episodes, it might be one of the best

Rather than do that, add more content to the current number of episodes. Great protagonist, great theme, and great power-sets badly executed. With the correct execution it could have been a Top 3 or Top 5 Rider show ever.

while the plot i feel was stronger than Fourze, i disliked how many of the side characters were rather weak and untouched. not to mention some of the things the writers had but were dropped

arsonist who ALMOST became a phantom but the following episode nothing happened

You'd think if the main bad guy had a mana draining ability that he would actually use it when it counts

while the last few episodes were decent, the series overall doesn't really hold up.

Lurker
Here's my problem with the "twist". Fueki needed people to go into despair, overcome it, and turn into wizards, but Wizard prevented most people from even start going into despair, so throughout the story Wizard did more harm than good to Fueki's plan, but Fueki was just fine letting him continue like that.

Lurker
As someone who gets emotionally attached to things easily, I'd gotta say the ending had so much potential to be a strong one, and the series had all it needed to be a good one. Too bad Koyomi's actress just couldn't find the time to dedicate to the series.

The last episode was pretty lackluster for whatever buildup it managed to get. The only thing that saved the show from being crap was the directing I suppose. It kept me invested enough in the show to keep going. Some scenes were just great. I think if we cut all the fillers, make it known that Koyomi's the philosopher's stone a lot earlier on, the impact could had been built up from there, even with Koyomi's lack of presence in the show. Push WW's sabbat a bit up and Gremlin's rampage could go on for an episode longer so the other mages could be flashed out, and that Haruto's arrival at the end to be much more powerful.

After being reminded of the fact that both Gremlin and Infinity have superspeed, kinda sad that they didn't use it in the final fight, but then again, I have always preferred fist fights, so the fight with WW is no matter what, ultimately better. I honestly want another fist fighting main rider, give me another epilogue fight that involves no guns or swords. :(

A true Jack of ALL trades!
I got stoked at the opening episode. "A Rider that can use magic..." I thought, "This is going to be so awesome!". Yeeeah... No.

Wizard can be summed up as "wasted potential" to me. The GotW thing go really old, really fast. To a point I nearly couldn't stand it (and don't get me started about the Myna Bird eps... Gah!). But I cept hope and did not fall into dispair. The show kind of rewarded my patience in the final arc. Half of us did go like "called it!".

So the plot was predictable, the characters sometimes underused or annoying. Or both. The police where made to look like idiots, they had a police officer in their group who got to do nothing, Shunpei was annoying, Nitou was a wasted character that played the clown half the time because the head writer couldn't stand him (or so I heard), the final form was GODMODE and the final villain was foreshadowed waaaaay to early. Did I miss anything?

I got excited when it first aired, now I'm only dissapopinted and a bit sad it's over. Strange, isn't it?

Heroes are forever
You're reviewing it before the team-up special episodes AND THE MOVIE?!

Insanity! Heresy!

Lurker
I liked the series but it coulda been made better and the end boss shoulda been Fueki/Wiseman and not Gremlin/Sora because unlike Fourze's big bad which has lots of build up and felt deserved while Wizard just didn't have that feeling like they dropped something either storyline wise or they didn't plan it out correctly or something because Wizard was good for a while and when it all the notes it was a solid show, but some episodes dropped the ball. And as a far as some of the charecters Shumpei got less annoying yet he wasn't useful and Rinko it's almost they had Decade issues where they forgot she was even there for like 20 episodes.

Verdict: I'm a give it Pass because Haruto was a consistant charecter though whole rather than being better than the sum of its parts.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
The series itself had great potential, which was shown AT TIMES.

They just got the wrong head producer to execute whatever Kida was planning when he wrote the plot for the show.

Just like Naomi needs to stay the **** outta Sentai, Utsunomiya needs to stay the **** outta Rider and return to making Sentai shows where the Rangers are flashy but the villians look like wimps.

Utsunomiya thought he can get away by making a flashy Rider with villians that were primarily incompetent, just like he was able to get away with in Shinkenger and Gokaiger with flashy Rangers and incompetent villians. That ultimately failed here, especially since he was also dealing with a head writer in Kida that was also attempting to follow the "old Heisei ways" of Rider shows.

They also need to double-check on the casting of their characters b/c clearly it hurt Wizard the most by having their plot depended on a character whose actress can only appear part-time.