Henshin a Go-Go!!
I really don't think this series is all that bad; yes its got problems (certain characters not really being developed all that well, certain plot points being brushed over, etc.) but overall I think its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Then again I took to watching it in 4 episode chunks, which might have made a difference.

One thing that people on here have totally wrong is complaining about the incompetence of the villains. The Phantoms were not really the villains of this series. They were just pawns being controlled by Fueki as Wiseman; they just did what they were told and Wiseman obviously didn't mind getting rid of someone if they disobeyed his system. They had no idea that his plan was to create wizards and not phantoms, but he clearly forced them to keep up the status quo because deviating could have led to the phantoms going out of control or going too far driving Gates to despair and turning them too quickly. It also helps that Wizard was around to keep the overall number of phantoms controlled.

While I do rate this series in the lower-middle end of things I think that certain elements (Fueki's plan for instance) were actually handled very well. While it may have felt repetitive and stale for the Phantoms to constantly do the same every 2 weeks. The twist clearly showed us that is was supposed to feel like that; we were supposed to question their actions because eventually we would learn that the Phantoms weren't even who we should have been watching for in the first place.

how can opinion based on other consensus make you feel a certain way about a show I love Decade i know it had its problems but i love that show and it's rider. Wizard i like the charecter but the show overall had issues and the writing was the biggest problem that the writer wasted allot potential the show had.
NO! Change you're opinion! No one should like Decade!

I dunno how to take this series...

Fueki/White Wizard/Wiseman...I get what the were trying to do, but I'm still scratching my head.

Rinko...for a rider ally, she was hit or miss. She's doing something police related and then she's a dummy again.

Shunpei...so how does he rank among Keitaro the Laundry Guy from Faiz and Kotaro the Milk Dude from Blade?

Pheonix...he was awesome, nuff said.

Medusa...the fight between the sister should've lasted long.

Gremlin...it's Bishop from Kiva again. For a minute, I thought he'd go Darkonda from PRiS...alas...nope.:redface2:

Nito/Beast...Nito has the potential to be among Accel, Birth, and Meteor; but it falls flat; however, his selflessness give him brownie point and his relationship between him a Chimera was interesting.

The Doughnut Crew...surprisingly, I liked them; if they weren't going to do anything with Shunpei, drop him from the cast and have the Doughnut Shop as the support team.

Kiyomi...wow...there's just so much that has happened to that character, for a minute there, I thought there was going to be a legitimate relationship between her and Haruto.

Haruto...if I were to describe his personality among riders...Tendou's arrogance, Kenzaki's sense of justice, Takumi's anger, Hibiki's calmness, and Ryotaro's kindness. As a rider, he takes Faiz, Blade, and Kabuto's mannerisms to the battlefied, while as a civilian, he has this laid back, yet badass tone to him (HE MAKES DOUGHNUTS...BADASS!!! PLAIN DOUGHNUTS...HE MAKES THEM BADASS!!! This is something Gaim has to live up to now). In addition, has this kindness towards everyone including his Phantom.:sly:

NO! Change you're opinion! No one should like Decade!

Thanks for reminding me he's coming back...to team up with Wizard and Gaim.

Pink Supah Jesus is back.

*face palm*

...this is gonna hurt.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
It wasn't bad but I feel it could have been really great if it had went just a little further and got to develop its characters better.

And I feel they never really used the magic gimmick all that well. A lot of spells felt too slow to use effectively and there wasn't enough variety in them to be useful in combat all that much. Still they could have used what he had more. Seriously, Sakamoto needs to give the rest of the action directors some classes on how to use a gimmick well because he seems to be the only to constantly get it right!

Also... I'm sorry but I can't find Mayu sexy. Her legs are way too skinny and her voice has a odd quality to it that gives me the creep.

"Training."
You know...this whole series was just filler with some plot points randomly thrown in conveniently during conversation between characters.

Shunpei and Nitou could've been removed completely. Shunpei did nothing and contributed nothing at all to the show except horrible slapstick humour. Nitou did nothing until they realised they needed something to stop the Sabbath.

Rinko was alright as she can actually offer support through the police...but that doesn't happen often.

You know I would've loved to see the police have a role similar to the police force in Kuuga and Agito.

The action for the first quarter was spectacular. The choreography was stunning especially the ones where Wizard fights a ton of Ghouls. It just goes downhill once Nitou arrives.

The soundtrack was very good.

The suit designs were visually appealing.

Casting someone who cannot really appear for shoots was a bad idea.

The Phantoms...were pathetic.

Last edited:
And I feel they never really used the magic gimmick all that well. A lot of spells felt too slow to use effectively and there wasn't enough variety in them to be useful in combat all that much. Still they could have used what he had more. Seriously, Sakamoto needs to give the rest of the action directors some classes on how to use a gimmick well because he seems to be the only to constantly get it right!

Have to agree with you there...Magiranger was more "Magic" than Wizard...hell...MYSTIC FORCE was more magic than Wizard...Fullmetal Alchemist was more magic than Wizard...My Little Pony...was...

...I'll right, I'll shut already.

You know what would've been also cool...Haruto and Nito allow Wizardragon and Chimera take over their bodies for a day just to see what drama or comedy can come out of it. Sometimes I see their Phantoms as a hybrid of the Contract Monsters and the Taros.

I'm sorry but I can't find Mayu sexy. Her legs are way too skinny and her voice has a odd quality to it that gives me the creep.

I only wished that her fight with Medusa dragged out longer.:sweat:

Her legs are way too skinny and her voice has a odd quality to it that gives me the creep.

That's in the realm of V3's Junko...wait a minute...you know what...

WE NEED ANOTHER "JUNKO" CHARACTER...AFTER 15 SOME ODD YEARS...WE NEED A CHARACTER LIKE "JUNKO"

As much as I hate to admit this...Tackle isn't remotely close to Junko.

Blade Adept
One of the more weaker Rider shows, sadly.

It's not a train wreck on a Monday morning like Kabuto, or the incomprehensible slosh that is Decade by any means, but I seldom got any satisfaction from the show, and I'm glad - sans the Decade episodes - that it's drawn to a close. There were so many avenues that could have been further explored, and so many different roads that could have been taken. How could the final product be as vanilla as this? It's like you've pre-prepared something delicious, but you've burnt it in the oven because you were too lazy to come back down to the kitchen to turn it off.

Casting problems abound. They erroneously cast Makoto Okunaka, who could barely properly show up half the time to be Koyomi, so the character is relegated to behind the cash register in the empty shop. Her whole aura of mystery seems lost on the viewer because the writers aren't too sure how to work around Okunaka's inflexibility, hence Koyomi as a character suffered. By the time her big moment finally arrives, most of us have already predicted what she is/what she contains. Having barely seen her do anything of note besides playing Where's Wally with the Phantoms and asking Haruto's crotch for some life-sustaining mana, what ought to have been a hugely powerful climax arc lost a lot of its lustre and punch.

Let's face it. Beast was a very arbitrary addition by Bandai because as the Den-O/W format dictates, we have to bring in a secondary rider. And it seems to be the case as others have said, that Kida did not give a rat's arse about Nitou. Oh, there are signs that there was an attempt to do something with him. Have a subplot whereby Nitou has to gobble up Phantom mana in a goofy way or else Chimera munches him up. It's like some form of Faustian pact, except for the fact that Nitou never asked for the fate, or for the power. But what does the writing staff do? That subplot becomes naught but mute, and I personally even forgot about it until the one episode near the end where it is abruptly brought back...then abruptly resolved. There's no carefully drawn-out arc or a series of arcs. Nitou is literally for nearly all of his time on the show, extraneous and at best, peripheral.

I hope - dearly hope - that the victim of the fortnight thing dies out for good here. I hope Wizard finally does to the Den-O/W format like whoever it was who finally killed the post-Kuuga, early-Heisei format. The ship needs a good shaking up, so please help us, Gaim. Okay, I'll admit, the Den-O/W format isn't intrinsically bad, but Wizard has killed any further interest I have in its continuation by executing it in such a monotonous, bland way. For half the show at least, we see random Gate after Gate, who largely don't even fall into despair properly, and if we were unlucky, would completely drive us up the wall. We see Phantom after Phantom, who sans the few interesting ones scattered throughout, become only uninspired, eccentric men uttering the same old line about fear of death and despair. Seriously, if the fear of death leads one to despair anyway, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO SUCCEED?

And that leads me to the Phantoms. Utterly hopeless and nonthreatening as an antagonist group. Fortnight after fortnight, it was the next verse, same as the last. Haplessly attempt to drive a Gate to despair, be fought off by Wizard and Beast, then come back to try again a bit more, only to be offed in the last twelve minutes. A bland conveyer belt of Phantoms with different costumes just filtering through, each being as disappointing as the other. I appreciate the fact that they're not actually the true focus of Wizard's antagonists, but you can't give me forty-odd episodes of barely any to no tension whatsoever. A kaijin group with (supposedly) a 0% success rate does not make a threatening kaijin group whatsoever.

Oh sure, fights are nice and flashy, but even they became samey after a while, because Haruto is often so overpowered at the curbstomping that it takes an axe to much of the excitement of watching all these pretty firework explosions of sparks and special effects. Ultimately, Wizard is a show that has too little plot for a full season. They could have looked more into the origins of Beast, Chimera, and the archetypes as a concept. They could have gone deeper into the lore and the world-building.

But we're left with a show that could be much improved if it were drastically cut down in length. Maybe to a third of its length, I dunno.

The Ranger with the Cowbell
how can opinion based on other consensus make you feel a certain way about a show I love Decade i know it had its problems but i love that show and it's rider. Wizard i like the charecter but the show overall had issues and the writing was the biggest problem that the writer wasted allot potential the show had.

I'm stating from an objective standpoint from what other people have said. A lot of people don't like for example, Decade (just like a lot of people don't like Wizard, Den-O, ect). I am using it as an example, not a jumping on the hate bandwagon myself.

Here's a better wording of my opinion: It's bad but not the worst I've seen. That way I can get what I mean and I can also get rid of the bias towards anybody's feelings towards a series.

Banned
I was excited for it at first. The concepts, powers, story idea etc.. And then about episode 20 it started to drag. And then around episode 25 I pretty much gave up. I watched episodes on and off till the end.. And it was a complete failure of a series for me. The only other rider series I like less are Kabuto and Faiz and dcd.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
You know...this whole series was just filler with some plot points randomly thrown in conveniently during conversation between characters.

Sounds a lot like a certain Sentai series that has a "love-hate relationship" with the HJU fandom (which was also produced by the same head producer that produced Kamen Rider Wizard).

At this point, this is why I kind of let Kida off the hook a little bit for Wizard's writing flaws b/c some of the writing flaws of this show does follow the same pattern of that "specific Sentai series" that Utsunomiya was also the head producer of