Kamen Rider Wizard EP 39 - "What He Forgot on the Field"

And just as I feared. He goes Infinity and can suddenly now curbstomp Bahamut without any problems. It just seems so anticlimactic to see a giant, awful CGI axe followed by CGI explosions. It also raises the question of why he didn't just whip out Infinity in the previous three fights with Bahamut, if it's that overpowered.

Well people were complaining how the Final Forms of Riders decreased effectiveness against the MOTW over a matter of a few weeks. At least Infinity is actually useful.
 
Nice human actor they got to portray White Wizard. The human form's look is more contemporary than I thought it would be, but he's pretty charismatic for the role and hopefully he can make WW a memorable character.

I do like that they had the short scene with Medusa remembering Sora's question about whether she personally gets any satisfaction from fulfilling Wiseman's orders and hopefully she is (finally) starting to question exactly why Wiseman's will should be "absolute" for the phantoms. I really hope they let her have at least a little bit of development before being blown up by one of the heroes.


[HIDE]Nice to see Mayu finally coming back too. I wonder if her arc will wrap up neatly in 40-41. I kinda wish it at least gets played out over a longer span of episodes, maybe ending just before the finale. I also hope that the way things are settled between her and Medusa is more unpredictable/interesting than just a retelling of the Accel vs Weather story of "hero avenges family by beating arch-nemesis", but we'll see.[/HIDE]


Overall, really looking forward to the coming episodes but.... ugh... GOLF?!?!?
 
Good arc. Bahamut is definitely a favorite phantom of mine. While his design doesn't necessarily invoke images of a big fish like he's supposed to, the design is menacing and I love how physical his fighting style is. Brutal! Sorta of like Babel in Kuuga.
 
Good arc. Bahamut is definitely a favorite phantom of mine. While his design doesn't necessarily invoke images of a big fish like he's supposed to, the design is menacing and I love how physical his fighting style is. Brutal! Sorta of like Babel in Kuuga.

Speaking of Kuuga, them being in a hospital waiting for the phantom, the phantom going to the bed only to be tackled out of the window by Haruto yellin "henshin" reminded me of the porcupine grongi arc.

Deliberate of coincidence? Also, this phantom treated this like "a game".

And yeah, my gripe with this arc was the "no use of infinity until the end for no reason".
 
Bahumut is a Beast, it took five to six chop of the giant axe to finish him off. And if you based it on game logic, Bahamut is a Mid Boss type, you need to soften him up with your regular attack to power up before finishing it off with your final attack :)
 
fantasitc episode and the end with white wizard and haruto really end capped it for me and the next batch looks to be supreme
 
Is that song that played during Haruto and Kazuma's (Kazuma? Is that his name? Guy with the leg) currently out on any OSTs yet? The acoustic guitar version of Life is Showtime.

It's nice.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top