Kamen Rider W THE MOVIE 3D?

Reason I got contacts is because im tired of glasses dammit! :shakefist

But yea, japan doing it too? damn.
 
Let's break this down. To prepare yourself for the new 3D experience in your home, you need:

3D Ready TV
The cheapest you'll find at Best Buy? $1,799 for 50". The 40" is actually more expensive at $1,999 because it's LED. Keen!

3D Glasses
Now most places will give you a pair of glasses free as a special offer. What if they don't? What if you have more than one other person you wish to watch a movie with? $149 for another one! Awesome! Battery operated! Yay! One size fits most! Got small kids? Watch these $149 bad boys not fit on them! Or worse, they break a pair! There are kid only compatible sets, but on average they cost $30 more.

And LG and Samsung 3D Glasses won't work on each others' TVs. Or Sony's. Or Panasonic's. Yep! Proprietary glasses for each brand!

3D Disc Player
If you got a PS3, it'll update to 3D automatically with an upcoming firmware update. Otherwise, another $199 will net you a 3D-compatible Blu-Ray player.

The Right Kind of Vision
More than a million people suffer stereo blindness. That means the 3D effect will outright not work for them. Many experience motion sickness. Got prescription glasses? The Active Glasses for 3D are hard to put over them as they weren't designed to be worn together.

The Right Kind of TV Watching
Wired put it best.
3-D TVs are likely to aggravate eyestrain in many people who have minor eye problems, say optical experts. And because they are such a new sensory experience, many viewers could end up with a headache, Dr Michael Rosenberg, an ophthalmology professor at Northwestern University told Reuters.

About 20 percent of people who saw a 3-D movie did not like it because of the eyestrain, according to a survey by Pricewaterhouse Coopers. About 5 percent of people are also “stereoblind,” which means they cannot see depth by combining and comparing images from both eyes, says the firm.

And unlike regular TVs, 3-D TVs are best experienced with dim lights at all times. So the classic Superbowl scenario — a group of friends eating chips and dips and getting up a few times to get some beer — won’t work, says James McQuivey, an analyst with Forrester Research.

“It’s not going to work for any social viewing,” he says. “It’s going to be like, ‘let’s sit down and watch this movie,’ with the eyes focused on the screen all the time.”

That also means no flipping through magazines during commercials or watching 3-D TV while making dinner. 3-D TV demands utter and complete concentration. So sit down and focus.

None of this applies to 3D movies which are a different beast. They accommodate 2D and 3D watchers with only a small premium. But 3DTV? No way in hell.

Until the glasses exit the picture, 3DTV is merely the great white hope for TV manufacturers.
 
Last edited:
Nice.
3D is the future people, ether get on board or be left behind!

Agreed. It doesnt mean to jump on board right now, it takes time. Especially with the horrid tv prices. But I think ppl will got HD before 3D.

Again, the only complainers I see are those who cannot afford the actual ****....

Leave me behind, please. I'm perfectly satisfied with 2D and I never intend to compose my own films in anything but.

You sound like the same idiots back in the VHS era. Get over it. Jesus.
 
Again, the only complainers I see are those who cannot afford the actual ****....

I don't know, by the time I can afford a 3D tv they will release 4D, and by the time I can afford that they'll release 5D, which will be suits that can actually put you in the movie, but then by that time the machines will rise up and turn us all to Cybermen anyways.

seriously though, I'd rather watch my movies in HD without anything on my face.
 
See, now 3-D TV's are not that awesome in my opinion. I think 3-D is great if you are going to a theater, but for home viewing, no, I will stick with wonderful HD!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top