Kamen Rider Kiva - Discussion Thread [TVN Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Some of the best developments so far and the present actually getting interesting and a few visual gags is all it takes to get you to drop the series?

Not really but it was the swan song nonetheless.

I've been losing interest for quite some time now. IMO the whole 1986 storyline has become more worthwhile than the 2008 storyline, falling into the trap that I was worried it would fall into where one arc shivs the other one. Yes, it's nice that you get two shows to watch but what if one of those shows is crap? It's like Kamen Rider The Next where the interesting bits are choked out by the crap elements.

I have no interest in Wataru anymore, his initial attempts at trying to become less of a recluse were cute for the first couple of episodes but quickly turned into Goth Ryoutaro antics. In fact, as much as I like the design for Kiva himself, I find myself only watching for Ixa and even then I hate Nago as he's the standard Inoue Uber-Asshole. In this case, he's Kusaka Turbo Custom; three times more annoying and loathsome than the original but somehow manages to look cooler.

I gave up on the supporting cast as well, especially Megumi and Yuri. What really did it was when they finally had a chance to become Ixa after multiple episodes of whining and were "frozen in fear". Sure you can argue the story elements but the whole thing felt too much like a major cop-out. I mean, come on already! Let the poor girl become a Rider for once without dying/failing in the process! Lord knows you've beaten her senseless enough already.

As for Tatsulot, that's more of a personal thing as I've got a gripe with annoying gags for add-ons. I know you have to market it for kids but did he REALLY need the Balca/ParasauroloCutter voice? I was really looking forward to the introduction too but it's so out of nowhere and without explanation that it didn't have the impact that I thought it would have.

(The heaven flying bit though did have me laughing my ass off with how out of nowhere it was. Prime candidate for Tokusatsu Hell :buttrock: .)

I'll watch the movie and Climax Deka when they come out on DVD as those still seem somewhat interesting but nevertheless, Kiva's spot in my weekend viewing schedule is now being swapped out for something worthwhile. That is, if there is actually something else worthwhile....
 
I believe Maya was strip off the tittle of Queen 22 years ago after falling in love with Otoya, and bearing his child. But how did Mio end up as the Queen is a mystery to me.

Yes! good theory

but my question is who would of stripped her of her powers?

because the checkmate four are the highest of fangires

well we still got the other 2 left, so we'll see
 
Well, there talking about it in the Kamen Rider Kiva Discussion page, so I figure you guys would've checked that out and already be spoiled by it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top