Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 12 "Enter the Next-Gen Riders!"

I'm calling bullshit on this HM.
WELL THEN I'M CALLING BULLSHIT ON YOUR FACE YOU SONAVABITCH...or we can discuss this like civil adults.

There are plenty of examples of silly things becoming badass (The original Judge Dredd and its exponentially superior follow up Dredd); as well as badass things becoming silly
(The Terminator, Indiana Jones, & Die Hard film franchises for example).
Those are reboots and sequels. Different plots for each movie that you judge from the previous one which will either be better or worst and over time the movies either improve or become cliche. Gaim is just Gaim. It's starts as Gaim and ends as Gaim.

Theres even examples of things that are silly and badass at the same time e.g. Gurren Lagann and Gaim.
Gurren Lagann is an action/comedy. The characters have funny moments and when they need to throw down they throw down then go back to the silly stuff later. Gaim has banana ears and has the guy in them walking around like he doesn't have two yellow dildos strap to his head.

And the suit designs for gaim might not be the best, but they are insanely creative and they feel very fresh. Not to mention that the majority of the weapons are really clever in how the fruit was translated into a weapon. As far as I'm concerned Gaim made me eat my own words and has made the fruit theme badass.
/thread
Yeah some parts are super creative. There still silly but as I said silly is not a bad thing. Fourze and Den-O are silly all the time and that's fine but you gotta call a spade a spade. It's silly not badass.

But Bravo is badass.
gaim11release_zpsebacd0c5.gif
 
Last edited:
Oh. :sweat: I suppose it was discussed elsewhere?

Maybe, but I knew going into it. I've been watching Toku since about Faiz and DekaRanger, I've seen a few old school titles here and there, and I've got lots of years of anime under my belt. Eventually, you pick up on quite a few things from the language, even if you don't know what every single word means. :thumbs:

There's nothing wrong with reveling in the silly you just have to be careful that you don't start deluding yourself into thinking the silly is badass. Silly is silly and badass is badass. There's no one becoming the other.

While we're at it, let the record show that being a jerk is not the same as being a badass, even if you can destroy lots of enemies and you're more serious than the main hero. Just because you're a rebel doesn't mean you have to be butthurt all the time.
 
While we're at it, let the record show that being a jerk is not the same as being a badass, even if you can destroy lots of enemies and you're more serious than the main hero. Just because you're a rebel doesn't mean you have to be butthurt all the time.

Amen to that man. I hate how emo Baron is all the time. It has gotten old rather fast. I like edgy characters, but when they come off like dickheads all the time it tends to turn me against them. Hopefully all of them will mature more in the near future.

One thing though...I see this Micchy kid going over to the dark side. Just got a bad feeling about him.
 
I don't like how the writers are handling Kaito either.
Just because you have an arrogant personality, it does not mean that you have to be a jerk to everything that moves.
It annoys the heck out of me that he can't have a normal conversation with people, without being a jerk to them.
It completely ruins the scenes with Mai, cause he has absolutely no reason to be a jerk to her.

If anything, it would actually have been more interesting if Mai was one of the few people that he could talk to.
 
I don't like how the writers are handling Kaito either.
Just because you have an arrogant personality, it does not mean that you have to be a jerk to everything that moves.
It annoys the heck out of me that he can't have a normal conversation with people, without being a jerk to them.
It completely ruins the scenes with Mai, cause he has absolutely no reason to be a jerk to her.

If anything, it would actually have been more interesting if Mai was one of the few people that he could talk to.

Indeed, it really burnt me up when he didn't soften up when dealing with her. The mega attitude doesn't make for a very likable character, but it's early in the game though. He could pull a 180 on us.
 
Kaito is probably envious of Kouta's more carefree attitude.

I'm pretty sure we're going to see him grow into a more likeable character.
 
I kinda think Baron is tsundere towards Kouta/Mai more than anything.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this. You can tell by his reactions from his conversations with Mai alone. He just can't bring himself to back out of his persona that has become a familiar cage to him now. Some people are like that, they are so used to acting a certain way that they can't break out of it until they actually want to. So with luck he will finally start letting go of who he is now and become a better person as the show progresses. People don't change over night, and if they do... then there is something wrong. lol
 
Mai's words definitely affected Kaito in that scene, but he didn't want to show and admit it, and leaves(read:escape) immediately. That scene sets up Mai as as someone who can affect Kaito further down the road.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top