Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 04 "Debut! The Grape Third Rider!"

I wish we didn't have to have all this "love" drama at all. Why is it always used as the default source of drama?

Micchi did not say he was going to join Yggdrasil. He said he would become powerful IF he joins, but either way, he'll be stronger than his brother so Sid should get on Micchi's good side now. Also it disappoints me that people (in general, on other sites as well as this one) are suddenly way more interested in Micchi because he threatened someone and/or saying he should turn evil and fight Kouta. Why is this dreadful "morally good characters are useless and boring, we only like antagonists" mentality so prevalent?

Well I for one still look toward the development of Kota and Kaito, I'm just happy that Micchi is another interesting personality with more than one layer. I really like Ryugen's design and it would suck if he ended up as this sow's Drake or Sasword or something. With him being a complicated character he's got potential to stay at the forefront for at least a while and have his own proper character arc.
 
What makes you think that? If anything she's been annoyed by him for the last few episodes because with their leader gone she wanted to step up and take responsibility for the team, only for Kota to come along and say 'nah, you're not up to it, I'll just "help out" and basically take over for a while'. That's the nearest she has to an ulterior motive - she wants to prove herself as a leader, as someone who can stand alone, and not have to rely on the guy who previously walked out on her/them.

I never saw her reactions as being annoyed so much as feeling frustrated, both at Kouta's attitude and her own helplessness. She's really mad at herself because her weakness and inability to protect the team has brought to all this. I noticed it's another theme in the show, how characters cursed their own weaknesses and resolved to get stronger. Mitchi said he hated his current self for not being able to help the team(read: Mai), and seeked out power to carry out his wishes.

It looked like she was similarly annoyed by Ryugen for also trying to steal her thunder.

I did not see it like that and hence disagree.
 
Just a heads up to all the women on this board, I'm not trying to be sexist or anything,

but I think she was both annoyed and is probably gonna feel even more helpless now that she's got someone else in her team hopping around like they're the hero of the squad, which was exactly what Kouta was doing. I mean, here comes theses guys that just jump into the crossfire... and for what? I don't think she truly gets their long term picture, wanting them to do short term things... or maybe it could be vice versa... I don't know, women confuse me...

EDIT: OH wait, I think I got it now. Kouta, Kaito, all these Riders... they're not seeking something materialistic like money. Check back first episode, Glory, Burden, all those themes were wavered over the heads of the Riders.

Mai and Kouta's sister's concern for his job is practical in every day life, I mean why not be worried when someone suddenly quits their job, but I get Kouta's point. He sees himself with an opportunity, that with the power that comes with this, he can do something long term and gain something off it. More like a dependency on the device to manifest his dreams lol. Kinda like an addiction to the power, which is why it's probably the Forbidden Fruit, keep using, keep wanting more...

Hmm, that's just like a famliar green plant I know...
 
Lots of people are pretty much saying the same thing I was implying. :eyebrow:

All I am trying to say is, Kouta hasn't really established himself as dependable in this series yet. He's been flip-flopping between responsibilities, never really sticking with anything. He joined Team Gaim, quit to hold down a part time job, and rejoined after becoming a Rider. Mai might have liked him as an equal member/good friend when he first joined, but she was the ONLY one who was on the fence about letting him rejoin as the new leader of Team Gaim. And rightfully so, he hasn't proven his trustworthiness yet. I hate to say it, but his sister did speak some truth, he is treating life and the stuff he's involved in like a game, and it's clearly affecting those closest to him.

When Kouta broke down, Mai wasn't exactly doing her best to cheer him on or build him back up like a good friend should. She didn't hesitate to do Kouta a "favor" by taking the belt away from him. In one hand she told Kouta she'd just be holding on to it for the time being, but on the other hand she told Micchy that the team doesn't need to rely on Kouta to be successful as they were leaving. Honestly, when Micchy spoke up on Kouta's behalf, I think it was much more caring for Kouta and his well being. To sum up, in my opinion, Mai's response to Kouta was like "Sure! I'll take that belt off your hands, and you can quit again if you like. I wanted to be team leader anyways.", while Micchy was more like "Hey! Kouta is awesome and everyone likes him! He'll bounce back from this, I just know it!" See what I mean? A little control-freakish. :shrug:

I'm not going to get into a possible love connection between Mai and Kouta. As of right now, it's unfounded. It's just gossip between the other Team Gaim members. And I'm not going to say how Mai feels about Ryugen either. The episode ended after Micchy transformed. The only emotional reaction we had time to see was surprise. We'll have to see how she REALLY feels about it in the next episode.

...

But again, I could just be looking too deep into it, and I really don't want people to take me THAT seriously. I DO want to believe that Mai was just being a good friend without realising how she's being a little selfish. It is a kid's show after all. :sweat:
 
I really like Ryugen's design and it would suck if he ended up as this sow's Drake or Sasword or something. With him being a complicated character he's got potential to stay at the forefront for at least a while and have his own proper character arc.

Weren't there issues with actor availability regarding those two? Given how picky Urobuchi reportedly was about the casting process I hope there's a good chance he chose people who can be around and that he had something in mind for them to do with the character

Mai is very Moe Moe for some reason

Way too adorable

Looks of a "moe", personality of a tsundere?
 
When Kouta broke down, Mai wasn't exactly doing her best to cheer him on or build him back up like a good friend should. She didn't hesitate to do Kouta a "favor" by taking the belt away from him. In one hand she told Kouta she'd just be holding on to it for the time being, but on the other hand she told Micchy that the team doesn't need to rely on Kouta to be successful as they were leaving. Honestly, when Micchy spoke up on Kouta's behalf, I think it was much more caring for Kouta and his well being. To sum up, in my opinion, Mai's response to Kouta was like "Sure! I'll take that belt off your hands, and you can quit again if you like. I wanted to be team leader anyways.", while Micchy was more like "Hey! Kouta is awesome and everyone likes him! He'll bounce back from this, I just know it!" See what I mean? A little control-freakish. :shrug:

First off, she didn't say team doesn't need to rely on Kouta to be successful. She said they can't keep depending on him to save them. Which they have been to the point of not making an effort to improve themselves. They must be able to solve their problems themselves, and not waiting for him to swoop in and solve it for them. For their own sake and for his sake, as well seeing as he was almost killed.

I just have a very different opinion of that scene. In these past two episodes, Mai has been going "Kouta, Kouta, Kouta". Quite a lot, almost to the same degree as Mitchi. Really, at this point, I can't agree that she cares more about "the team" than about Kouta, or care about Kouta less than about "leading the team". If anything, she does tend to take matters into her own hands, doing what she thinks is best for Kouta and the team.
 
Last edited:
Mai's going to become the Peach Armored Rider. Calling it.
Goes insane, hurts Kouta, runs into her Blonde self and is freaked out. then Kouta comes back in his final form and brings her out of it. Blonde Mai forever remaining mystery!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top