Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 43 - "Baron's Ultimate Transformation"

I just disagree. The physical component of the conflict between Micchy and Kouta is just as important in my opinion. Look at how many fights we have had between Micchy as Zangetsu Shin and Kouta and how long these were. This one was suppose to be the zenith of it all and a culmination of all these previous fights. Kouta was resolved as was Micchy who had obtained a power similar to Kiwami. I honestly wanted a longer fight to a) highlight the depth of the rift between them and the issues that stood between them and b)for them to show off the Yomatsu Heguri lockseed and its abilities. For the fight to be resolved so quickly almost after the OP really in my opinion is just a sign the show is being rushed due to the limited number of episodes they have left.

I guess it's what we were looking for in the scene. For me, the highlight, the important part is Kouta's decision. The fight was not as important as the character's decision. It may reduce the gravity, the climatic feel of it, but I don't think it was very detrimental.

I agree I would have liked Kaito just killing him preferably by choking him like what Ryouma was trying to do to Micchy. The death we got was just too over the top bordering on comical.

I do think there was a point to the punch. I'm just don't completely agree with the presentation.
 
Like Sid, Ryoma doesn't deserve a death where he goes out in a blaze of glory. While it was comical, it was fitting for someone like him. Who has done nothing but caused suffering for the Riders.
 
Poor Mai....going back to warn the future candidates only serve to make them into a candidate and caught DJ's attention

Episode 43: Everyone going insane
 
I do think there was a point to the punch. I'm just don't completely agree with the presentation.

[HIDE]Everybody that deserves to die gets embedded into a wall! Whether it's temporary (Ryoma) or permanently (Sid), they deserved it.[/HIDE]
 
I love how everything just falls apart. It makes it that much more interesting when things hopefully get better (if they do, still think we're gonna get a really bittersweet ending)

Kouta dying was cool. I think it's meant to be a callback to Godai dying multiple times throughout Kuuga before coming back stronger, because hey, that's what heroes do.

Lord Baron looks like a Fangire. I dunno how they could've differentiated a human Overlord from a Femmushimu Overlord but whatevs. Ryouma's death was meant to parallel Sid and Takatora's 'death'. The wall and falling thing.

Exciting episode. The episode was shot really well. Particularly the battle between Ryugen Yomi and Gaim. The feather falling thing was really nice. I feel like we don't get some really nice cinematography within rider too much these days, but this scene was just very nice to look at. Or at least, distinctive looks and feels to the shot selection and framing of the modern Heisei series.

You really just feel for Mai, watching her entire world fall apart before her very eyes. These children want to seek something greater than themselves, become martyrs or attempt to become gods and are punished for their hubris. Each and every one of them suffer the consequences of their actions and I love how Uro ties it back to his child/adult theme through Mitchi and Ryouma this time around. Ryouma says it so well, "Bad children become prey to bad adults."

Like Adam and Eve being expelled from the Garden of Eden, these children reach out towards the fruit of Helheim and are robbed of their innocence and cast out into the real world.

Anyways, I'm excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. It already looks to be the best we've ever seen.
 
So is Baron the new Final Boss?
All the other villains seem to have been defeated.
So I'm guessing Jam will be restricted to Episode 47.
 
This episode was brutal.

Mitchi killing Kouta was super unexpected. And man, that was a really well-shot and well-written scene. Felt the emotion just swelling within.

But at long last, Mitchi doesn't get off easy. When he comes to find Mai dead after Ryoma operated on her was tough to watch. Mitchi really loses it here, and the acting is so convincing. And Ryoma harassing and kicking Mitchi's ass to (almost) death was really brutal (but kind of satisfying).

When Mai broke out of the case as the Forbidden Fruit and Ryoma went insane, I was like "yeah this seems about right". Loved it regardless.

Kaito vs Ryoma was freaking awesome. Lord Baron is just an all-around epic-looking Kaijn. The fact that he retains Kaito's consciousness is pretty cool. And that design is so great.

I'd say Ryoma's death was appropriate. Kaito wiping the floor with him makes it even better. Makes sense for Duke to have a switch to disable Genesis Drivers, though I think this will make for a stupidly inconsistent moment next week when Minato can still become Marika Peach arms despite having Duke's belt.

And man, Sagara really hammed it up this episode. :laugh: The Mai stuff was honestly not very good. Very rushed and the twist didn't come off very cleverly. The whole reasoning behind her words being twisted against her will came off as bad writing. I do like the irony of her going back in time being the cause of Sagara finding the perfect candidates for the Golden Fruit but the way it was handled was pretty awful.

Again, Kaito's Lord Baron form is so sick. I can't wait for the next episode, though I hope Urobtucher has mercy on the comedic trio. They're too good to die!
 
-I felt this episode was really rushed. More specifically the Ryugen Yomi vs Kiwami battle, which barely lasted beyond the OP and the whole Kouta dying to save Micchy scenes, which I felt hadn't been properly set up last episode. I think we are feeling the effects of Gaim losing another episode for the Drive special forcing them to rush things.
-And Ryouma's death I thought was just over-the-top comedic. Like something you'd see in Bugs Bunny and Looney Toons. I guess that might have been the point.
My thoughts exactly.
Ryoma's death could have been so much better.
Just remeber SID's death.
 
-I felt this episode was really rushed. More specifically the Ryugen Yomi vs Kiwami battle, which barely lasted beyond the OP and the whole Kouta dying to save Micchy scenes, which I felt hadn't been properly set up last episode. I think we are feeling the effects of Gaim losing another episode for the Drive special forcing them to rush things.

If Ryugen vs Gaim were any longer, it'd likely be the longest continuous battle in Gaim. Rider usually doesn't have 1 vs 1 action scenes that are that long. So, I'm not sure you'd get a longer battle, tie in episode or not. At best, you might get better pacing, like it starting and ending in the same episode without the end of episode interruption. But I don't see from where your expectation of a longer battle is coming from.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top