Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 38 - "Return of the Professor"

Kind of weird that Melon doesn't really have any outstanding features. I mean, he's not the fastest, not the strongest nor the most agile, you'd think he'd have something special, I mean, he's not even the only all-rounder, Sigurd's in the same boat but you at least expect Sigurd to kind of suck, but Zangetsu? Not so much.

Zangetsu is 100% defensive, and built to withstand a lot of damage. If we are talking about regular Zangetsu, he would actually be one of the weakest Riders, as he does not have special weapon like the other Riders do. He is stuck with a musou-saber without any attachements.
The only reason why Takatora made it look so powerful was because he found a way to use the shield as a weapon.

If I was going to war and had to pick a Lock Seed for my Driver, Melon would probably be the last one I would pick.
 
Zangetsu is 100% defensive, and built to withstand a lot of damage. If we are talking about regular Zangetsu, he would actually be one of the weakest Riders, as he does not have special weapon like the other Riders do. He is stuck with a musou-saber without any attachements.
The only reason why Takatora made it look so powerful was because he found a way to use the shield as a weapon.

If I was going to war and had to pick a Lock Seed for my Driver, Melon would probably be the last one I would pick.

Actually, stat wise, Zangetsu has more offensive power than both Gaim and Baron (even with their Pine and Mango arms). Zangetsu's weakness is his agility.
 
Zangetsu is 100% defensive, and built to withstand a lot of damage. If we are talking about regular Zangetsu, he would actually be one of the weakest Riders, as he does not have special weapon like the other Riders do. He is stuck with a musou-saber without any attachements.
The only reason why Takatora made it look so powerful was because he found a way to use the shield as a weapon.

If I was going to war and had to pick a Lock Seed for my Driver, Melon would probably be the last one I would pick.

...what the **** did I just read? I think I just lost some brain cells.
Pretty much the entire show contradicts what you just said. You severely underestimate the musou saber. Takatora VS Micchy almost completely proves your entire post wrong.
 
...what the **** did I just read? I think I just lost some brain cells.
Pretty much the entire show contradicts what you just said. You severely underestimate the musou saber. Takatora VS Micchy almost completely proves your entire post wrong.

Tendou is right. Takatora has shown that even with the Musou Saber, he can defeat a Rider with an Arms Weapons specifically for medium-long range shooting with little to no effort. The fight is evident in their rematch as well with Zangetsu Shin and Zangetsu where Takatora literally mops the floor with his Musou Saber and Melon Defender, tanking the Sonic Arrow where as Baron couldn't against Sigurd.
 
Tendou is right. Takatora has shown that even with the Musou Saber, he can defeat a Rider with an Arms Weapons specifically for medium-long range shooting with little to no effort. The fight is evident in their rematch as well with Zangetsu Shin and Zangetsu where Takatora literally mops the floor with his Musou Saber and Melon Defender, tanking the Sonic Arrow where as Baron couldn't against Sigurd.

Um, both of his distance fights with ranged riders WERE with Micchy though, so you have to take that with a grain of salt. Micchy kind of sucks, and STILL has yet to win a straight fight on his own merits.

And, that last sentence actually proves the point Scissors was making. Zangetsu's the tank, so OF COURSE he can take hits better than Baron, it's kind of his specialty or did we forget about his ginormous shield.

Although, now that I think about it, that shield DOES make me wonder whether the character gets designed first and then the suit or do the writers create characters to fit inside the suit, as the fact that a self-respecting samurai wouldn't be caught dead with one(Goes against Bushido, you know? A sign of cowardice, as any who hide behind a shield obviously fears death.) so I kind of like how that can be interpreted as representative of Takatora's willingness to get blood on his hands(Shame and dishonor.) for a greater cause.(Life.) As I've said before, I believe a lot of thought went into decisions like this, or at least I like to think they do. If nothing else I can do it for them.
 
Actually, stat wise, Zangetsu has more offensive power than both Gaim and Baron (even with their Pine and Mango arms). Zangetsu's weakness is his agility.

Watch episode 11 when Zangetsu comes out of nowhere and beats everyone (more specifically, when he beats Baron and Bravo). Pretty sure speed and agility isn't a problem for Zangetsu.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top