Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 36 - "A Brotherly Conclusion! Zangetsu vs. Zangetsu Shin""

At last, the battle of the Melon brothers. Too bad it was cut in between of Gaim and Redyue's battle. And frankly speaking, I'm glad that Takatora didn't deliver the final blow to Mitsuzane. It will be kind of erasing every development that he had from Kouta that maintained no other people should be sacrificed. It shows how his ideology has changed from 'didn't mind to sacrifice some people so other could survive' after meeting Kouta. But to play the 'memories of our time together as brothers' kinda disrupt it since we didn't really got any backstory of the siblings before. It just suddenly appears to justify Takatora's reasoning (which I think would be much better played if they had played the conversation Kouta and Takatora had before he was betrayed by Ryouma).

Where's the meme jabbing about Takatora's death now? The guy was seemingly dead when he falls off a cliff, now he was seemingly dead by falling into the water. He was dead, but returned back, only to be killed again (apparently, for now let's just follow Urobuchi's whim).

Yeah, the belt falls into the small bush besides Micchy. Expect Kouta to come to the scene and discover it and then have him explode in anger at the thought of Mitsuzane 'really killing' another person.

At last, the battle of the Melon brothers. Too bad it was cut in between of Gaim and Redyue's battle. And frankly speaking, I'm glad that Takatora didn't deliver the final blow to Mitsuzane. It will be kind of erasing every development that he had from Kouta that maintained no other people should be sacrificed. It shows how his ideology has changed from 'didn't mind to sacrifice some people so other could survive' after meeting Kouta. But to play the 'memories of our time together as brothers' kinda disrupt it since we didn't really got any backstory of the siblings before. It just suddenly appears to justify Takatora's reasoning (which I think would be much better played if they had played the conversation Kouta and Takatora had before he was betrayed by Ryouma).

Where's the meme jabbing about Takatora's death now? The guy was seemingly dead when he falls off a cliff, now he was seemingly dead by falling into the water. He was dead, but returned back, only to be killed again (apparently, for now let's just follow Urobuchi's whim).

Yeah, the belt falls into the small bush besides Micchy. Expect Kouta to come to the scene and discover it and then have him explode in anger at the thought of Mitsuzane 'really killing' another person.

If Kouta beats on Micchi, he doesn't need to upgrade. His anger will give him more than enough power.

I'm pretty sure Micchy's motivations have nothing to do with thinking the situation is hopeless, and everything to do with wanting to create a world where people do everything he says and are adoring of him and never do anything that makes him feel bad or insecure.

It's not just the overlords though. He was shown with tears in his eyes when Takatora showed him the destroyed city in Helheim. Clearly that had a big impact on him. He had bought into the idea that Yggdrazil's plan was the closest thing to salvation. The overlords are just the newest wall of hopelessness that appears before him.

I'm pretty sure Micchy's motivations have nothing to do with thinking the situation is hopeless, and everything to do with wanting to create a world where people do everything he says and are adoring of him and never do anything that makes him feel bad or insecure.

Which is basically what his motivation was long before he sided with Redyue. He was acting treacherous before he knew the Overlords even existed. He's been trying to manipulate Kouta since about episode twelve, possibly even before.

As for Takatora starting the fight: That's a little bit like accusing Kouta of starting fights with poor, innocent Inves just looking for a snack.

It's obvious that Micchy is selfish and wants people to listen to him and wants his little world; that said, it's also obvious that he's living in a situation which is pretty desperate too. I don't think he would have turned out like this if he didn't feel justified by the situation.
Besides, when you look at the situation Micchy is the only one who has a long term plan about how to deal with the Overlords. While Kouta and the others are fighting, do they have a plan on how to defeat the Overlords? What is their strategy? How to succeed? They're pretty much always in the defensive. Micchy is the only one who was able to have a real dialogue with an Overlord.
There is an huge difference between starting a fight with an Invess, which is pretty much an alien creature, pretty much a wild animal, and trying to kill your own brother. By being ready to kill his brother, Takatora basically validates Micchy's strategy: that it's acceptable to sacrifice someone for the greater good. One could say that at the end, Takatora wasn't ready to finish what he started, while Micchy was.

Welcome
If Kouta beats on Micchi, he doesn't need to upgrade. His anger will give him more than enough power.

Pretty much anyone besides Gridon can beat Micchi. Heck, throughout the entire Melonbowl fight, Takatora was probably hesitating.

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
Pretty much anyone besides Gridon can beat Micchi. Heck, throughout the entire Melonbowl fight, Takatora was probably hesitating.

Joey could beat Micchy in his Ryuugen suit, he WAS trained by Oren. Micchy has no skill, no training, and no power. This is Micchy's first win I think, and he won because of underhanded pussy tactics.

A simple passerby...
Goddamn... that moment when you get goosebumps as Takatora and Mitzusane transforms at the same time as well as listening to their conversation. It's kinda heartbreaking, really.

Joey could beat Micchy in his Ryuugen suit, he WAS trained by Oren. Micchy has no skill, no training, and no power. This is Micchy's first win I think, and he won because of underhanded pussy tactics.

Makes sense eventhough on his debut fight, Jounouchi was grounded by Mitsuzane just because he had a bad weapon to fight with only. Mitsuzane's first win is only because the opponent is a sibling.......too weak.:laugh:

Welcome

I'm talking about Zangetsu Shin Micchy. Freaking Rat could probably kill Ryugen. Micchy's the type of guy who hits someone with a gun with unlimited bullets.

Speaking of which, what's up with the way some of the show's characters use their weapons? Kaito uses a spear as a sword, a mace as a spear, and then holds a bow upside down and occasionally backwards, then the famous quote "I don't need a big shield, you only need to attack in battle". At least for Kaito, it works, unlike Micchy. I'd actually like to see Kaito get more arms changes. Maybe he'll throw the gun at people in Budou Arms, use the Ichigo Kunai as caltrops, the Kiwi Gekirin as roller blades on his feet, hold the Kagematsu by its blade and stab people with the dull end, kick Kurumi Bombers as soccer balls, use the Melon Defender as a surfboard, tape the Donkachi to his fist....

Last edited: