Friendship and the Cosmos.
They're really limited on what Ryouma can do right now since he's busy with a musical in real life. I think Basco's actor had a similar commitment through his time in Gokaiger.

I'm still not diggin' the Kiwami suit, but the execution was great. I'm still trying to debate whether I liked this debut, Xtreme or Cosmic's debut's better. All three were phenomenally done.

I think the most interesting thing for me this episode is how Sagara turns antagonistic towards Kouta and Mai and almost tries to justify Demushu's rage as he tells them that Kouta couldn't even possibly comprehend the regret and sadness that Demushu feels for letting his civilization die out and the pain that the Femmushimu feel. A little more perspective on the part of the Overlords.

Now that we're hitting the more plot intensive portion of the season, you can really see how much Urobuchi's been influenced by Kuuga, Agito and Ryuki. Roshuo's reluctance to give humanity a chance reminds me of how the Overlord in Agito wanted to control humans and wipe out the Agito's that might overpower him. Kouta's willingness to bear the burden that his rapidly expanding power bring is straight out of Godai's characterization, and of course, Mai will become our Yui (or Philip/Ankh/Kengo/Koyomi) of the series. Hell, Kouta's line about doing what it takes to fight off Demushu is something Godai would say too if he had multiple riders in his show.

Guess Kiwami is the only Arms that didn't have its own fruit and weapon. But damn, that fighting stance really reminded me of Count Dooku from Star Wars. And Ryouma officially turning into a cartoon escapist is very disturbing.

Guess Minato had realized that with Takatora out, Ygdrasill under Ryouma's helm is pretty much lacked the leadership skills to protect Zawame. And Takatora, what is your reason of staying at Roshuo's side anymore? Can't you just ask Roshuo to open a Crack so you can go back? You've seen your subordinates killed, so surely no more reason to loiter and go back to Ygdrasill to pass the info.

Can't say that it wasn't obvious that Oren will be the one to see through Shin Zangetsu's betrayal.:laugh:

Lurker
Ok, Kiwami is kinda cool and all, buuuuuuuut...
You know what I miss? Rider Kick...

Yeah, I know, I know, expecting Rider Kick in my Kamen Rider show is crazy talk, but a man can dream, right?

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
^i agree with you, and i'm afraid we might get a fewer appereance for the rider kicks, which is shame (considering how many rider kicks appear from 000 to wizard) -_-

There is no guarantee of that opening scene happening. It has already been stated to be a possible future, not a definite. It would require a lot of things to happen (Minato and Pierre, and possibly Ryouma, being killed off or written out; the Kureshimas reconciling and one or both having a change of heart; introducing the Suika troops; presumably the Overlord plot ending, unless Kouta becomes one, which would also require setting up) that would mean if it happens at all it would have to wait until close to the end of the show

I don't think the scene exactly as it was there is going to happen, especially due to the Ryugen and Zangetsu situation, but this episode seemed to set up Kaito becoming a leader of other Riders with Yoko's comment about him. Meanwhile, Gaim, fighting by himself and controlling an army of Invess could easily be explained by him becoming an Overlord. Right now though, it doesn't seem like we're leading to a battle between Baron and Gaim, but there's still time for more things to happen.

For Ryoma to abandon ship shows that he's no different that Micchi & Sid. Which is why Yoko sided with the other Riders. When it comes to Yggdrasil's leaders, except for Takatora, they're nothing but a bunch of venomous snakes. Not to mention that Zawame now knows the truth about the Inves and Yggdrasil.

Welcome
Anyone else notice how Kouta was wearing the Kurokage Trooper/Knuckle Sengoku Driver when he was transforming into Kachidoki for some reason?

vckZAYP.png

Blade Adept
Can't say much until the subs, so I'll get a few things then bugger off to my day:

- My feeling that Sagara will end up as a major antagonist (not necessarily final villain) hasn't been assuaged. I'm still convinced that the conniving snake will be.

- It's actually awesome to see the riders team up for bloody once.

- Mixed on Minato. I like that she has come to the realisation herself that her employers are a bunch of dicks, and has found inspiration in the Armoured Riders, but a bit of a shame that the villainess promise she had seems to be dissipating. I suppose she can still pull off a betrayal, because her desire for the fruit must still be intact, but she must realise by now that she's bloody weak. I sincerely hope Kaito doesn't have to become her crutch and pillar.

- And once again, Jounouchi's existence fills me up with regret at how his character has been handled throughout the show so far. But he showed up of his own volition (I would hope!) at the very least.

- Come on, you can't just worf Demushu like that after making him OP in the 11th hour, only to lose that quickly to Kiwami.

- Kiwami suit is still ugly, and looks like someone forgot to finish painting it.

- Hmmm, looking at Redyue, I am starting to suspect that he could be a potential final villain. All he needs to do is supplant Roshuo, which would be a bit of a mirroring of Micchy idly watching his brother be supplanted, only dialled up.

- This is the problem when you hire certain actors. They bugger off halfway through. While Ryoma abandoning ship seems like something he would do, he's awfully nonchalant about it, especially after his initial reaction at Sid's betrayal and the destruction of the crack. Not much the scriptwriter can do about that, but you can't afford that sort of major, major restriction on what you can do with a character at such a PIVOTAL moment like an entire invasion of Yggdrasil!

- Ah! Bravo, your worthless subplot <3 <3 <3 for Zangetsu might have a worth after all, especially if Kouta is too slow to realise that he's been clearly deceived on his own.

Last edited:
Can anyone translate Ryouma's lines this episode? I understand his actor isn't available but it's a bit weird that he hasn't really done anything since his betrayal. You'd think that with Hellheim's invasion he would take a bit more action. Hell, he and Micchy haven't had a conversation in one hell of a while. I dunno. Speaking of Micchy, I'm surprised no one's asked about his whereabouts.

Sorta sad that Demushu didn't get more screentime but considering there are 2 more Overlords on the way I guess it's not so bad.

basically Ryouma said: Minato, you're on your own