Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

Ugh, I'm saying that shows with a ton of superfluous toys tend not to do well (I'm mainly thinking of Wizard, but Fourze didn't do so great either), and Drive looks like it will suffer the same fate.

Now I don't understand at all what you're saying. Half of that sentence is either made-up or an opinion.
 
Now I don't understand at all what you're saying. Half of that sentence is either made-up or an opinion.

I'm saying that Drive, as a toy promo, seems to be making all the same mistakes as Fourze and Wizard's toylines (neither of which did very well), by having a ton of superfluous role-play toys and uninspired action figures. How is that so hard to understand?
 
I'm saying that Drive, as a toy promo, seems to be making all the same mistakes as Fourze and Wizard's toylines (neither of which did very well), by having a ton of superfluous role-play toys and uninspired action figures. How is that so hard to understand?

Because I don't remember Fourze's toyline underperforming. But well, if you say so.
 
I'm saying that Drive, as a toy promo, seems to be making all the same mistakes as Fourze and Wizard's toylines (neither of which did very well), by having a ton of superfluous role-play toys and uninspired action figures. How is that so hard to understand?

Fourze did comparable to OOO and better than W. It's Wizard that dropped to below W levels as did Gaim iirc.
 
I honestly think that silhouette of.what looks to be Drive with the caption referring to the winter movie is not Type Fruit. But rather, a new Rider that looks like Drive (perhaps an evil version or a prototype.

My reasons for this is because 1) Movie exclusive forms aren't shown until much later and it doesn't make sense to not show Gaim Drive Arms and 2) All of Drive's Types are shown to be unique by changing the helmet and the tire location so it's too close to Type Speed's appearance. But the timing might not mean much and Type Fruit could easily be just a simple recolor (which is probably why it didn't get a TK figure... yet). This is all just my theory.
 
I honestly think that silhouette of.what looks to be Drive with the caption referring to the winter movie is not Type Fruit. But rather, a new Rider that looks like Drive (perhaps an evil version or a prototype.

My reasons for this is because 1) Movie exclusive forms aren't shown until much later and it doesn't make sense to not show Gaim Drive Arms and 2) All of Drive's Types are shown to be unique by changing the helmet and the tire location so it's too close to Type Speed's appearance. But the timing might not mean much and Type Fruit could easily be just a simple recolor (which is probably why it didn't get a TK figure... yet). This is all just my theory.

It's Type Fruit. It would say "a new mysterious Rider in the Winter movie!?" not "Winter movie form!!"

1) Movie Exclusive forms are usually shown in the December issue that is released on November 1st. Proof: the Rider Arms from last year's film were seen in the scans by Oct. 28th and even before then in a trailer for the film.

2) We can't see what the suit even looks like like so how the hell are you saying it looks like Type Speed. I'd like to point out that the spoiler on top of Type Speed's helmet is missing from the silhouette.

3) They're teasing Type Fruit because it's gonna be part of Drive's toy line packaged with the Drive Lockseed. Build up the hype for the series that hasn't premiered yet. Kamen Rider Wizard Gold Dragon Style whatever wasn't even shown until the end of November so that's probably when we'll see Drive Arms.

By the way: no TK figure in the catalogue = Premium Bandai later on.

Speaking of the film, it looks like its gonna be called Movie War Full Throttle. Directed by Takayuki Shibasaki and written by Riku Sanjo & Jin Haganeya.
 
No, it doesn't say "winter movie form" at all, just news. "How the heel does it look lke Type Speed?" It clearly looks like Type Speed because of the helmet and tire position. Also, you wouldn't really be able to see the spoiler from that angle anyway.

Besides, I said that I could be wrong and said it could be with opposing arguments (even saying "...yet." obviously referring to the second quarter catalog or premium Bandai). It could be Type Fruit or it could be a new Rider and I have my reasons why for why I thought that. I was only sharing my thoughts and never said it couldn't be Type Fruit, so there's no need to harshly criticize it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top