Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Bandai generally defaults to red because their market research consistently indicates that the target audience responds best to bright red hero suits. The only reason why Gaim wasn't red is because when Bandai focus grouped various types of fruits, oranges did best with the target audience. This just meant that Gaim began as an orange and then upgraded to Kachidoki Arms, which prominently features red for basically no reason. Also, Gaim's debut advertising emphasized the Strawberry Arms form change, which is red, but otherwise of minimal importance to the series or toy line.

Honestly, learning the "Bandai loves red" thing completely changed the way I viewed Rider designs. Suddenly it becomes obvious that when Bandai can't get their way and make the main guy's mascot form red, they'll just make sure his first major upgrade is red. Hibiki's bright red ultimate form, wielding the blatantly toyetic Sword of Bandai, is one of the first things the retool rushes in. The only show I can think of that totally bucks the red rule is Blade, where as far as I know the protagonist has no red-emphasizing forms. Of course, Blade also featured pretty weak toy sales that Bandai then (in retrospect, hilariously) hoped that Hibiki of all things would make up for.

Bandai would sell literally the same **** every year if the company thought it could get away with it. Before W made it clear that the future of Rider was massive collections of themed collectibles, that's basically what Bandai did. Bandai would try to work power animal motifs somehow into pretty much everything, because market research suggested that power animal-themed toys consistently sold better than other themes. Accordingly, the best-selling of the collectible widget era Riders is OOO, who was solidly a power animal-themed Rider. And I'm sure the only thing keeping Bandai from having just done power animal widgets every year was the sheer quantity of them that OOO sold. There's probably fear that you won't get kids to collect widgets every single year if the only real difference between them is form factor.

After reading all of this from you Lynx, I kinda want to know your thoughts on this.

Based on what you have just stated, do you think Bandai is basically taking the approach that they have been using with how they market Super Sentai (Red Ranger is usually the popular and highly marketed of them all in the Sentai brand) and have been implementing it towards the Kamen Rider line since they resurrected the franchise with Kamen Rider Kuuga (who was the first Heisei Rider with a dominant red color scheme)?

Because that is basically what I am observing here from your statements, that Bandai & Toei is trying to market Kamen Rider like the Sentai franchise

Lurker
Judging from the toy catalog silhouettes, I think the tire on Type Wild moves from across the chest to his right upper arm/shoulder. The Type Technic could have it lying across his shoulders like the reports from 2ch.

Toku Prince
tumblr_nbfiz3ONKz1tcbqr9o1_500.jpg

Kamenriderdrive said:
The title of Kamen Rider Drive’s premiere episode has been revealed! Airing on October 5th, the episode is titled "Why Did My Time Stop?" (俺の時間は何故止まったのか). It was directed by Ryuta Tasaki and written by Riku Sanjo.

Whoa, so Gaim's story will continue when Drive premieres? Wow the surprises keep on coming :anime:.

Maybe the 'final episode' of gaim no.46 not written by urobuchi must have connections to drive indicating that Drive will make a cameo in the end.
While the next one focuses on him probably like the ones back in the 80s like how metal heroes did with gavan passing the torch to sharivan in gavans final episode.

Also i think the real final episode of gaim is 45.

Toku Prince
The other summaries in the scan were about Gaim so they just had an image from Gaim at the very bottom.. :|

Kamen Rider Drive promo #1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sDSo4qdIDk"]?????????? ?? Kamen Rider Drive Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

xTBQgSu.jpg