Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

Now that's an interesting idea... The 'henshin' could be simply becoming the avatar in the game world or a means to enter that world. The belt could even be the gaming device.
 
If they do go for a anime route then they would find away for do a Gaim crossover for the winter crossover films. At least a Kamen Rider anime could be dubbed here in the US and possible air on Toonami. It could have more people check out the franchise as a whole.
 
The name "Drive" makes me hope we'll see much much more bike-riding scenes (or a lot of car-riding scenes if this series is car-themed).......in battle, not just to get around.



I don't know, but I would imagine kids in Elementary School and Middle School watch it since it was a Shonen anime.

I think SAO is more aimed at Middle and High School kids, not Elementary School kids.
 
I wonder if Kamen Rider takes a break from being live action and we end up getting a animated series instead. It happen with Ultraman before with Ultraman Jonias.

I was thinking of having an anime but make it an anime spinoff movie special staring ichigo and nigo with the crossover of gorangers in ishnomori style

But still if there is anniversary season it should go back not only to its cyborg roots (my popular one would be nanobots) with an insect theme the one that started it all but will one episode or two episode arc just like how the early showa ,neo heisei and super sentai series did with an ending theme credits that was never used in the heisei rider era since kuuga and hibiki .
 
Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since Decade. Wonder what they'll be doing for the 20th Heisei Rider. Decade sequel?

...dan, dan, daaaaaan~
 
I think SAO is more aimed at Middle and High School kids, not Elementary School kids.

Even so, they can still cash in on it despite having a different age group. You can say the same for Twilight and many people believe Kiva was made to cash in on Twilight.
 
Even so, they can still cash in on it despite having a different age group. You can say the same for Twilight and many people believe Kiva was made to cash in on Twilight.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard about Kiva and you're the only one I know of that has said it. Young boys weren't even interested in the books and the movie wasn't even released in Japan until after Kiva ended which is when the series peaked in popularity. You can't cash in on something unless it was popular with the target demographic.

As for having Kamen Rider become an anime? No, that would be incredibly dull. I wouldn't mind seeing a Kamen Rider special as an anime but not a full length series.
 

I agree 100%. Kiva had nothing to do with that. I only toku I know of that was directly inspired by movies was from Super Sentai. Zyuranger was based off the success of Jurassic Park and Magiranger from Harry Potter. So if anything hope for Super Sentai to become an anime and/or influenced from it. Kamen Rider as an anime is a big no no. It's fine the way it is.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…