Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

to me, gaim almost surpassed W's level of epicness :castlerock:


oh btw, who is this guy ?
[HIDE]
10556223_10201415389786416_8417355202898783973_n.jpg
[/HIDE]

Either a stunt actor or.... What I am saying? stunt actor.
 
That's not a stunt actor and it's not an official prop. That would be Hiroshi Sugita, a comedian and toku fan, who got a Drive Driver for his birthday the other day. Someone made it for him as a gift.

yeah, now that I look at again, I can see that it's fan-made.
 
I would say that neither of those statements are true

Point 1:
How many truly great things have taken longer than 2 and a half months? The answer to that question is almost all of them. You cant even produce a human life in that short of a time. That statement actually seems insane to me, that nothing important ever took anywhere near 10 weeks.

Point 2: This story takes place in less than 2 weeks? Absolutely no way. I would guess that it probably take places over the course of a few months, with some uneventful days not shown in between.

I'm talking about the last 10 episodes. 32 and 33 take place pretty much right after each other. In 34, Micchy claims he was doing recon on the Yggdrasil Tower. If he wanted to be convincing that that's what he was doing, he couldn't have taken more than 3 days out, and he's already been out for a pretty long while. 34 and 35 are actually connected, as 35 starts on the scene 34 ends on. Let's say the second half of 35 is another day, as Kouta's clothes are different. The end of 35 connects to the beginning of 36. The last half of 36 connects all the way to the end of the first half of 38, where Kouta, Mai, and Kaito are talking by a tree. You can tell since Kouta didn't change clothes. The second half of 38 connects to about now, as you can see that Kouta still hasn't changed his clothes.

It's been far less than 10 weeks.
 
In all honesty, you should be airing your grievances in the Gaim threads, not in a thread aimed to talk about the next step in the universe of Kamen Rider, or as people who are uncreative and whiny call it, Kamen Driver
I actually think it's more creative than just adding another word after ''Kamen Rider''. We never see different names like Riderman or Skyrider.

Once upon a time, Super-1 had the name ''Technorider'' during the early stages. I wish we had more of that.
 
I just get massive Signalman vibes looking at this suit. That being said, the kneejerk reactions to these things are almost always wrong. We hated Double, said OOO looked like a taco/traffic light, made fun of Fourze for it's pointy head, liked Wizard but hated the show and said we disliked Gaim's initial aesthetic too.

Do we know who is handling the series this year? Utsunomiya? Tsukada? Takabe again?
 
Not yet, but maybe it's in whatever that initial scan comes from?

That said, I actually liked W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, and now Drive as soon as I saw all of them - Gaim didn't take much longer either (though Kiwami did). Crazy. :laugh:
 
I just get massive Signalman vibes looking at this suit. That being said, the kneejerk reactions to these things are almost always wrong. We hated Double, said OOO looked like a taco/traffic light, made fun of Fourze for it's pointy head, liked Wizard but hated the show and said we disliked Gaim's initial aesthetic too.

Do we know who is handling the series this year? Utsunomiya? Tsukada? Takabe again?

No, we won't know until the press release (which has gotta be at the end of the month - we know that the next edition of the TV mags will have Drive in them.) But it can't be Utsunomiya as he is doing ToQger ... and thankfully that means Kobayashi isn't writing either. (Have I mentioned that I hate people saying Kobayashi would have handled Gaim better? She isn't a great writer. Get over it)
 
No, we won't know until the press release (which has gotta be at the end of the month - we know that the next edition of the TV mags will have Drive in them.) But it can't be Utsunomiya as he is doing ToQger ... and thankfully that means Kobayashi isn't writing either.
Hmmm. And Sakamoto's taken for a while too if I remember right, with Girl's Blood and Gunblade and maybe something else unless I imagined a third thing. Or are those all done?

Maybe... They could... bring Inoue back...? :eyebrow:

Have I mentioned that I hate people saying Kobayashi would have handled Gaim better? She isn't a great writer. Get over it.
She is, actually, but I don't think she could top Urobuchi all the same. Regardless, as she's not got any chance of involved with this at all, she's got little to do with this thread.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top