Kamen Rider Drive Ep 6 - "For Whom Does The Warrior Fight?"

Though she made a very good point about how Shinnosuke is now working with two beauties, the lucky sonovagun :shakefist.

That reminds me, I laughed at Kiriko's reaction to her failure at trying to be cute :laugh:. That and Shinnosuke's Peter Parker-y reaction to Mad Doctor made good bookends for the episode.

I actually like that Chaser is showing up often, and being this constant threat to Drive, which makes sense considering his role as an enforcer for the Roidmudes and his own rivalry/vendetta against Drive. Not to mention that he still has some new Viral Cores to debut, just like Drive will have new Shift Cars and forms, to liven up his battles with Shinnosuke. Though I expect they'll be spaced out between arcs, as might Chaser after this episode :).

I also think we might get more cases of Chaser managing to appropriate one of Drive's Shift Cars for the Break Gunner. Maybe he might also eventually get his own upgrade? It would be interesting to see if he starts getting relegated in terms of toys once Mach appears, or if there's still more to come from him :169:.

Oh, I forgot to mention my thoughts on the first giant monster of Drive and Tridoron's new form... I thought it was okay. Tridoron's Wild mode was basically an all-terrain vehicle, which might lead to some cool scenes in the future and its finish of Cobra with Rumble Dump was nice. Cobra's design wasn't very impressive though, so hopefully there's some improvement in that regard for future Roidmudes.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Yeah this episode was better, I'm still as anoyed at Mr Belt as Tomari for keeping secrets and I still think the toy shilling is dreadfully clumsy... but I think the show is getting there. Just as W has it's money dopant and heaven's tornado I think Drive is gonna win me over.

It was kinda weird how, after learning of the slow down at the factory... everybody just stood there and let Tomari do the work...what exactly do they expect him to do if they don't know he's kamen rider?! No one can move during slowdown!!

Also I'm curious if Drive's ability to create Density Shift might be used somehow at some point in the future?

I actually like that Chaser is showing up often, and being this constant threat to Drive,

"Threat" you mean? It's only been a couple of episodes and he's already jobbing HARD! He showed up in this epiosde for NO REASON except for Drive to show off Rumble Dump against him because, apparently, they ABSOLUTELY wanted the sword to finish off Crush.

Blade Adept
I actually like that Chaser is showing up often, and being this constant threat to Drive, which makes sense considering his role as an enforcer for the Roidmudes and his own rivalry/vendetta against Drive.

True. Chaser constantly showing up certainly builds the impression that he's at least interested in his assigned role and consistently so, unlike a bunch of other enforcer villain types who mysteriously only show up at a few selective occasions. However, by plugging one problem, you open up another.

As Undrave has said, you diminish yourself as a threat when it gets to the point that you show up only to be arbitrarily knocked down by the new toy of the episode. You're less of a constant threat and more of a "oh no, not you again" kind of annoyance that Shin has to sarcastically make a comment about every time he unceremoniously runs into him.

Somehow this show has to find some kind of balancing act. The Viral Core power-ups do help (as the fifth episode has demonstrated), but the show is at that unfortunate time in its early quarter when it's practically raining new toys for the hero, pitting him at an immense advantage against his opponent. If Chaser regularly shows up to be jobbed more than he actually wins his fights, he's not going to be a constant threat any more than Team Rocket. Hopefully that needn't happen, and hopefully the toy parade slows a bit to allow a more accelerated plot pace to kick in.

They're probably gonna play a see-saw game with Chaser and Drive's upgrades. Though Chaser's upgrades will run out sooner.

It was kinda weird how, after learning of the slow down at the factory... everybody just stood there and let Tomari do the work...what exactly do they expect him to do if they don't know he's kamen rider?! No one can move during slowdown!!
Well, he is the closest thing the SCU has to a head detective, and they were probably busy dealing with Kirihara to join him. Presumably they sent back-up for him afterwards :sweat:.

"Threat" you mean? It's only been a couple of episodes and he's already jobbing HARD! He showed up in this epiosde for NO REASON except for Drive to show off Rumble Dump against him because, apparently, they ABSOLUTELY wanted the sword to finish off Crush.
Not to mention debut Type Wild :).

Well he was ordered to protect Crush from Drive, not to mention he has a grudge against Kamen Rider in general, so from a plot perspective it makes sense for him to show up even if in context it was just to show off Type Wild and Rumble Dump.

Still, I can understand the complain about Chaser jobbing and why that would make some people would take that to mean his threat level is decreasing. But even if Chaser, so far at least, finds himself on the losing end of their fights in the second half of the arc, he seems to always come back to give Drive a good challenge that requires Shinnosuke needing something new just to fend him off. Not to mention that when the toys maybe die down, or even possibly starting from then next arc, we might start seeing more changes to this formula and how Chaser and Drive's fights are handled. Especially when Chaser starts incorporating his other Viral Cores, which might give him an edge of Type Wild or even some of the other Shift Cars. Here's hoping :thumbs:.

Lurker
Also I'm curious if Drive's ability to create Density Shift might be used somehow at some point in the future?

I haven't watched episode 6 but I'm not mind with spoiler
So, are Drive really have that ability?