Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - Kit Taylor recast?

JLU wasn't profitable. That's why it was canceled. Can you really imagine the average 7 year old buying a Green Lantern action figure? Or even Superman?

(The latter proven by Superman Return's disappointing merchandise sales).
 
Um yes I can. I worked at TRU when I was back in highschool.

The Mattel JLU line sold like crazy; especially those 3-packs.


The Superman Returns line failed because SR wasnt a film targeted at children.

JLU still maintained an audience of adults and kids.


And JLU was cancelled because of politics between CN and Timm; Timm wanted to call it quits after Season 2 of JLU as well; it wasnt about profitability
 
well the name of the network may have something to do with it, or even the fact that other fans of cartoon network would no doubt approach the studios with torches and pitchforks demanding it be taken off
 
Because CN is just so fickle with their shows. Sure, you all love JLU and it was a good show but it's schedule was all over the place, it had long breaks. CN also doesn't nurture it's shows the same way Jetix/ABCFamily does/did. They played current and past seasons, they really went for it. CN will just play whatever is relevant and has ratings and dump the other shows without thought. KRDK, even if it does get good ratings, will probably suffer from scheduling musical chairs and CN will probably just toss it out and never air it again after a few years. At least Jetix still plays all your favorite reruns. CN sparsely plays any reruns (in order, unless it's a mega hit show like Dragonball) and shows have come and gone like the wind on the network. JLU's end came and went in the blink of an eye, without the slightest warning nor a rerun despite it being a good show. Same with ReBoot. ReBoot was such a megahit on CN that they ordered more seasons! A new 4th season and the conclusion of season 3. But did it's ending get jusitce? No, Season 4 was only aired once and forgotten immediately, ReBoot was just tossed away right after.

I just don't feel CN would treat KRDK right. At least with a network like Jetix, we know that they would (for better or worse) continue airing the season long after it was done.

Did you see how badly their Saturday morning lineup bombed? Man, imagine if KRDK had aired during their saturday morning run. It would have never returned. CN always risks good shows with poor assed scheduling then blame the show.
 
Well I can't really say that I disagree with that. I never watch CN anymore, but the few times I have watched it in the recent past. Like with JLU and TMNT, they were pretty quick to dismiss them from their schedule completely.

I can only hope that things would turn out better with KR if it does end up airing on CN, which at this point, we don't really know anything. Unless I'm missing something.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top