Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - Kit Taylor recast?

From what I saw of it, the person who originally played Kit was great for the role. I really liked the style used, and I really hope it won't change.

I really liked the casting, this new guy makes me think of Another High School Musical.

You know, those cheesy Direct-To-Disney-Channel sequels.
 
For know..


But Matt Mullins and Kandis were way more talented actors; I dont get why this network would want to replace them...unless they wouldnt be believeable in the new younger audience-revised characters for the show (which worries me).

Man i hope they dont do it. It would be a shame to see a younger person replace him.

I really liked the casting, this new guy makes me think of Another High School Musical.

You know, those cheesy Direct-To-Disney-Channel sequels.

Totally right, hopefully it wil stay as it is.
 
Last edited:
For know..


But Matt Mullins and Kandis were way more talented actors; I dont get why this network would want to replace them...unless they wouldnt be believeable in the new younger audience-revised characters for the show (which worries me).

Because its a TV show whose primary purpose is to make money off selling toys to young kids.

I know people have this irrational hate for the people that work long and hard on these programs for doing their jobs but it comes with the territory.

And I believe Cartoon Network is airing KRDK so I would hope Disney doesn't have anything to do with this.
 
Cartoon Network huh. That's what I was assuming it would be based on the cryptic news pieces we've been getting. I never get to watch CN, but if DK is on there I'm going to try and go out of my way to support it. I just hope it isn't being dumbed down.

I'm also bummed to hear about the cast changes, even though MR Aftershock had posted it might happen some time ago. I liked what I saw of the actors.

Again I just hope with the younger cast members and stories being written for younger audiences it still won't be dumbed down, or worse turned into a joke like certain Power Rangers seasons and that Tiga dub.:redface2:
 
Yeah Cartoon Network may be a double edged sword. Theyve aired some somewhat mature kids shows like JLU; but it didnt last and was replaced by more watered down kids shows.

I just thought the pilot's approach was perfect as is. It felt respectful to the original while mixing a good sense of American story and not over-the-top comedy.

The best part was there was no stupid characters like Kelson Henderson in it; that would have ruined the feel of it.
 
Yeah Cartoon Network may be a double edged sword. Theyve aired some somewhat mature kids shows like JLU; but it didnt last and was replaced by more watered down kids shows.

I just thought the pilot's approach was perfect as is. It felt respectful to the original while mixing a good sense of American story and not over-the-top comedy.

The best part was there was no stupid characters like Kelson Henderson in it; that would have ruined the feel of it.

'watering down' as you put it, is how they (the PTB) maximize a show's potential. Remember they're trying to SELL TOYS, not tell an overly dramatic life and death struggle a la LOST.

By adding characers such as those played by Kelson Henderson, they can increase their return and bring us (the fans) more options like more Kamen Rider in the US. That's a good thing no matter how you look at it.
 
Cartoon Network also has the rights to Justirisers (at least in Europe and mainland Asia).

And I can't see this KRDK out performing PR. The thing with PR is brand identity and loyalty - it was the first of its kind. Parents trust it. Titles also play a big part - a "power ranger" is pretty easy to define from its title. It's an authorative figure with enhanced abilities.

But I hope this show does challenge the PR crew, into doing better and better with the upcoming season. They have a rival now...
 
'watering down' as you put it, is how they (the PTB) maximize a show's potential. Remember they're trying to SELL TOYS, not tell an overly dramatic life and death struggle a la LOST.

By adding characers such as those played by Kelson Henderson, they can increase their return and bring us (the fans) more options like more Kamen Rider in the US. That's a good thing no matter how you look at it.

Thats BS. Shows like JLU maintained their dignity while selling a truckload of toys and merchandizing.

As long as theres kickass powers, vehicles and weapons; kids will buy the toys.

Its not like toys of Norg would sell anyways; the lack of such a character's presence would not negate toy sales.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top