Kamen Rider Decade - Episode 53 "The Endless Story"

As cool as it was to see Tsukasa again…he really didn't need to be in this special did he? It felt kind of like a waste to have him.

But I did have fun watching this from start to finish. Amadam was a fun villain and it's a shame he's confined only to this special.
 
As cool as it was to see Tsukasa again…he really didn't need to be in this special did he? It felt kind of like a waste to have him.

Well, the point was likely just to give a bit of extra focus to one of the returning Riders, rather than tying the plot to them specifically. I did like how they focused so much on the whole aspect of Riders coming from evil though, it seems like the crossovers usually try their best to minimize that type of connection. We still haven't even gotten a big Rider crossover like this with evil Riders.
 
As much as we like to debate about what we liked or didn't like about this entire 2-part Rider special, the OP's starting post in this thread still completely PWNs everything in this entire thread

91S1F19.avif
​

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
 
Well, the point was likely just to give a bit of extra focus to one of the returning Riders, rather than tying the plot to them specifically. I did like how they focused so much on the whole aspect of Riders coming from evil though, it seems like the crossovers usually try their best to minimize that type of connection. We still haven't even gotten a big Rider crossover like this with evil Riders.

Does Evil riders appearing as part of Diend's super move in Den-O Trilogy count?
 
This special is a lot better than the usual crossover movies like Let's Go and SHT. Aikawa should write the next crossover movie.

The fights were great, except for the Beast one, poor Nitoh never get a break...

I find it funny that during the fight with the giant monsters, Kuuga and Agito just stand there not knowing what to do before Decade use FFR on them. Also, since this Kuuga and Agito complain that Decade use FFR on them again, maybe those two are Onodera and Ashikawa, and Kuuga also transform to Rising Ultimate later.

It was never stated that Faiz have to be in Blaster to fire the Faiz Blaster right? Maybe it function just like Nitoh's Beast Magnum, but Takumi just never use it like that.

Hibiki transforming into Kurenai is neat, but why would he back to his Oni form in the next scene confuses me. Ditto with the others after the giant battle, Wizard is still in Flame Dragon while the others are back to normal. And, am I the only one who seems to can't find Ryuki after he summoned Dragredder?

For me, this special is great, and I hope to see more Tsukasa in later shows or movies.
 
Well, this is it, people. The final episode. Our last hope. :170:

--I miss the OP theme "Life is Showtime". It was cool to skip it at the end of Wizard's story, but it seems a bit excessive not having it here anymore. :disappoin
--Where have I seen that location before? Feels like I've seen it before... Was it one of the locations used for the ZX special? I like playing spot-the-location. :)
--Well, thanks for tossing Beast aside like that. Having him come back with his powers was really useful. :sly:
--An all rider battle half way through? Don't get me wrong, I always love seeing these, but what's this leading up to? :eyebrow:
--And they tossed in a giant monster battle. Love it. :anime:
--Silly monster, fruits are healthy for you! :P
--And a Final Form All Rider battle to top things off. :D
--It's not where the power comes from, it's how you use it. That's the difference. ... Wow, that sounded really cliche of me. :laugh:
--Yeah, the little kid is young Haruto. Even though he looks nothing like older Haruto, we all saw it coming. That plot point was paper thin. :rolleyes2:

So, these last few episodes with Decade... Was it really necessary? It just seems to ask more questions than it answers. :sly:
Did Haruto return to his original world/timeline, or did he return to one where Nitou is still Beast?
Was there some significance behind the Rider Rings? It's not like we need them as a McGuffin to bring back dead, retired, and otherwise missing Riders. We had Decade for that.
Were they the real Riders to begin with? This leaves me just as confused as the Decade series, or the Wizard & Fourze movie.
The only positive thing I can say is that at least Decade didn't try to steal the show, he was only underplayed. But I don't see how this special contributed anything at all. Just seems tacked on, and all we got out of it was a cameo from Gaim.
 
I enjoy that the special brought everything full circle with the theme of the Riders' powers being linked to their enemies. It was also good to see the Riders' individual gimmicks get played with beyond the typical glimpse of each of them in a fairly generic melee.

As with the previous ep, I like that the Riders got lines and can forgive the use of random voice actors. It is kind of a shame about Nitoh since crossovers have been seen to have room for the current series' second rider. On a more minor note I like that a point was made to use Rider-like monsters (Arch orphenoch, Alternative etc) for certain scenes.

Tsukasa's appearance was minor but a fairly worthy guest spot I find, with some decent dialogue with Haruto. I appreciated the inclusion of a passing-through Kamen Rider speech.
 
I find it funny that during the fight with the giant monsters, Kuuga and Agito just stand there not knowing what to do before Decade use FFR on them. Also, since this Kuuga and Agito complain that Decade use FFR on them again, maybe those two are Onodera and Ashikawa, and Kuuga also transform to Rising Ultimate later.

I really think that was just liberty of the translator. I don't think Kuuga's original words (こういうのは...) actually imply that it had happened before, it seems to be just an expression of surprise. And then there's Agito's line complaining about it and telling him to not do it again, which would make no sense for Decade's Ashikawa.

Kuuga here also was mostly kept separate from Decade too. He attacks alongside Kabuto and Hibiki early on, and even when Decade uses the FFR, it's Agito that goes back to pick Decade up (Remember, Agito was the one Heisei Rider actor making a cameo in Vs Dai-Shocker) while Kuuga goes by himself.

There was also the thumbs up scene in the ending. Onodera never did that under Aikawa's pen, and only did it twice under Yonemura. One of them in Movie Wars 2010, and in that movie, he could use FFR by himself, so I don't think he'd be referencing it here.

Does Evil riders appearing as part of Diend's super move in Den-O Trilogy count?

Well, technically, there's also Poseidon in Megamax, and Ouja in All Riders, but I mean the plot being actually about evil Riders and addressing their existence somehow, kind of like W vs Eternal or W vs Core, but in a larger scale.
 
Last edited:
I didn't really pay attention to the dialog the first time I watch this episode, and yeah, Kuuga seem to be surprised and Agito asking Tsukasa to give him a chance to refuse in a polite way pretty much mean it's Godai and Shouichi.

About the Riders power originate from evil thing, what is the origin power of Kuuga and Hibiki? Does it have been said that the Holy Stone Amadam originate from the same stone that turned the Grongi, and that Oni is related to Makamou?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top