Kamen Rider Decade/Double - Movie News Thread

That's true, but I did notice that the longer Decade went on, the less I cared about anything going on in the series besides the spectacle (which could get pretty spectacular). There is a basic level on which I just don't care about what happens to the Decade cast or how the story turns out, since it seems certain it'll be something arbitrary.
 
At least he made an appearance in the TV series! Souji didn't appear at all! And I know that he's really famous and stuff, but hopefully he'll have the time for Toei to hire him again! But I see what you mean! At least if Wataru shows up again, but actually staying there and interacting properly, then it will be good! But I hope it's going to be the same for the other Riders! I'll understand if Godai won't come back played by Joe Odagiri, but I'll appreciate it if they get a look-a-like actor to replace him, where he's supposed to be the original Kuuga! Then again, Yuusuke's there, but who cares? I'm sure they can both co-exist in the same world at the same time, right? Same goes for the other alternate Riders, since they're apparently coming back. And the reason why I'm sure that the original and alternate Riders can co-exist together is because Kazuma Kenzaki was in the Rider War world at the same time as Kazuma Kentate. Get my point?:D
 
Souji didn't appear at all! And I know that he's really famous and stuff, but hopefully he'll have the time for Toei to hire him again!

It probably has nothing to do with time and everything to do with pay. Kamen Rider tends to use relative unknowns who can be worked pretty hard for low wages. Then when a former Rider actor like Hiro Mizushima hits it really big post-Rider, he's in a position where his time is more valuable and he would rightfully expect to be paid more.

Toei clearly doesn't like to spend a ton of money on actors since the ROI isn't good-- for a Rider show it's best to spend a ton of money on effects. So I seriously doubt Toei could pay for more than a brief cameo for Mizushima. Paying a now-standard rate for someone like Odagiri who has become a legitimate superstar post-Rider is just not likely.

I'm sure we're getting Wataru showing up a lot since his Rider debut was just last year-- and that means his prices haven't had much time to increase in the meantime, so to speak. Likewise, I don't think the actor who played Blade ever really took off as a big star so he would probably still be affordable.
 
It probably has nothing to do with time and everything to do with pay. Kamen Rider tends to use relative unknowns who can be worked pretty hard for low wages. Then when a former Rider actor like Hiro Mizushima hits it really big post-Rider, he's in a position where his time is more valuable and he would rightfully expect to be paid more.

Toei clearly doesn't like to spend a ton of money on actors since the ROI isn't good-- for a Rider show it's best to spend a ton of money on effects. So I seriously doubt Toei could pay for more than a brief cameo for Mizushima. Paying a now-standard rate for someone like Odagiri who has become a legitimate superstar post-Rider is just not likely.

I'm sure we're getting Wataru showing up a lot since his Rider debut was just last year-- and that means his prices haven't had much time to increase in the meantime, so to speak. Likewise, I don't think the actor who played Blade ever really took off as a big star so he would probably still be affordable.

Indeed. Which is why you'l probably not see Odagiri or Mizushima, and why Sato was slowly phased out of the Den-O films.
 
I see. Well, I'll just have to accept it. Here goes that dream of Souji coming back. Oh well, I'll be playing Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars in the London MCM Expo tommorow! I'm going to play Tekkaman Blade and Casshern! So that should cheer me up! For now!:D
 
Sorry if I missed this in the pages and pages that have come about in the past few days, but

[HIDE]
omgbikes.jpg


OMG TEH B IKES!!1![/HIDE]
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top