Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

I would like to see a rider who is skeptical about ghosts, someone like Scully from X-Files. Or someone terrified of Ghosts and have to find the courage to fight them.

So, another Tsukasa then?

Sounds alot like Kouta from Gaim, if you ask me. Not that I'd complain, his story arc is one of my favorites in Kamen Rider, and Gaim is my favorite series. I think the only way they could really stray from the past completely would be to make the character a bit of an anti-hero at the start, which i doubt will happen because Kamen Rider from a cultural perspective is largely about showing kids how to take on more heroic, or upstanding traits, and people might feel that if the character was a little bad, rather than just a little unprepared or immature at the start, they might be a bad example for kids. But i think its an important lesson to learn that even someone who has done bad things, not just mistakes, but willfully bad decisions with full knowledge of the consequences, can find a sense of justice and virtue under the right circumstances.

There are a few ways other than that, that are less subversive, and thusly more likely, that could be big changes too though. They could go for an older character, less of a young adult finding themself, and more of an older adult who feels secure in their identity and what they do as a Kamen rider already, but comes across something new that changes the way they look at things. Sort of like Garo, I guess.

But If we get another young guy, i think we'll probably see a repeat of one of the types of characters we've seen before, and judging by recent trends it'll probably be a lovable goof-ball, who's just learning his new powers, and trying to juggle that with his job/school/family-life. No hate from me, i love it, but it would be nice to be surprised again like I was with Gaim.

Not exactly Tsukasa.

It's more like someone who feels the world is a harsh place. In the beginning he wishes to end his life (going suicide) until he met a ghost who became a special friend who showed him not to waste his life.

Or instead if they go to the Shaman King route, where Morty meets Yoh who thought of him as weird & scary but eventually gets used to him as his best friend.

What about someone like Kagami from Kabuto, but as the main Rider? Someone who knows about Riders from somewhere, either a secondary veteran Rider or just Riders from previous shows, like in Fourze, and wants to become one, but in the beginning of the first episode still hasn't. Until something happens and he just jumps at the chance to gain power and become an hero, ignoring any negative consequences that might come from it.

Maybe have him initially attempt to fight against the villains without powers at all, just being inspired by his hero, until he's near death and then receives the power.

Lurker
I'm sure this won't happen, but I think it'd be pretty cool if the Rider was a ghost. Like he (or she, that would be cool) is killed by the first kaijin that appears, and like the grim reaper or something gives him/her a "spectral driver" or whatever that either makes them corporeal or maybe allows them to posses someone like anhk. Like I said, I'm sure this won't happen but it'd be sweet if done well.

"Training."
Maybe he'll get partner ghosts that can possess him to access different forms?

:p

Hey, that concept worked back in 2007.

Oh,what if normal humans cannot see the monsters and only Ghost can see them. The fight scenes would be hilarious in the perspective of civilians haha. Ghost may have powers that can allow people to see the ghosts.

Or what if...he is unwillingly modified into some kind of spectral-human hybrid as an experiment by the enemies, but then he escaped the brainwashing process and decided to fight the bad guys! It will be a journey of him accepting his fate and what's left of his humanity!

Lurker
I don't think or hope, Ghost will be supernatural Rider with real ghost as main character or any character.
Every supernatural related character in previous Rider always become a monster-level creature.
I think Ghost as in military term is more suited to become Rider theme. For example, main character cannot live a normal life anymore and every information about his identity didn't exist. Finally a rider who really hide his identity as rider, and not because every bystander suddenly become blind and deaf or very cooperative when something happen.

"Training."
Or what if...he is unwillingly modified into some kind of spectral-human hybrid as an experiment by the enemies, but then he escaped the brainwashing process and decided to fight the bad guys! It will be a journey of him accepting his fate and what's left of his humanity!

motherofgod.gif

That is fantastic. Toei, hire this genius!

And he moves around places...with his motorcycle! And his motorcycle could like transform into different forms that sync with whatever form he is on, and also maybe his bike could phase through solid objects?