Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Vs. Gavan

So glad it is stated out right like that one VS movie (Geki vs?) that this isnt official, in continuity. This is a what if movie. I was worried it wasnt going to be.
 
It's mostly because the puppet version would look terrible with today's HD camera technology. Which is what it is, since they would rather replace models, stop-motion puppets, etc with CG. Thus it's a lost art.

Absolutely on the part about it being a lost art. However, I saw video of the puppet and I think it would've held up. Let's face it, nothing here would give Transformers a run for it's money.

Man, that is depressing :disappoin

Also true. I love the puppets and models. I'm hoping, if I ever get to make a film, to be one of the ones to continue using the old style of effects.

I prefer miniatures because they can mimic movements you just can't get with the render and modeling processes that go into CGI'ing something up. That and they always look more fitting than CGI, big budget CGI doesn't always blend in well with the surroundings, it's going to be even more obvious with low budget CGI. Even if the CGI was great, those miniatures are always going to look better IMO.

Same here. Even a bad model can look better than bad CG, which Sentai had plenty of. I don't get how CG can be cheaper than models, if anyone can explain it.

That said, Gokaiger vs. Gaven does something really cool. They have Ohba x 2, which isn't that big by itself. The fact Gai was able to interact freely with the two freely, both easily seen as Ohba, was freaking cool. I can almost guess how they managed it but it's pretty darn seamless. Something I've hardly seen done on shows that pull two characters from one actor with higher budgets and expectations than Sentai. I know Sentai's weakest points can be visual effects, so let's applaud the Kenji Ohba mix. :castlerock: :buttrock:
 
It was right at the start.... the whole "Two Teams Normally Never Able To Meet, but now they will" lines. Just like the Geki vs Bouken movie, which outright stated this is a what if team up.

I admit it is weird the series that (stupidly) makes all 35 sentai series happen in one universe would do that.... but I guess 35 sentai teams, metal heroes, all kamen riders (Depending on how the upcoming movie goes), and the Kikaiders was just too much for one planet.

In the end, I am just glad we got to see more of Kenji Ohba. That made up for alot.
 
It was right at the start.... the whole "Two Teams Normally Never Able To Meet, but now they will" lines. Just like the Geki vs Bouken movie, which outright stated this is a what if team up.
I didn't get that from that line at all. :eyebrow: That just meant Metal heroes and Sentai don't normally cross paths.
 
I don't think it's stupid to have 35 sentai series in one universe at all. I think it's awesome! :)

At first it sounds cool, but then all the massive plot holes appear. Not to mention it makes tons of sentai warriors look like idiots and hippocrits.

If they did it that way from the start, it would be okay, but 35 years in.... it just doesnt work.
 
Hasn't Toei's policy on Rider continuity changed at least 3 times in the last 5 years? I don't think arguing they should have done it from the beginning means anything, when whoevers currently in charge can change it to fit the current show.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top