Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Set Sail! V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, feelings about this episode really run the gamut, don't they?

I was sorta split. It seemed like Hyuuga really got to engage with the show and that was fun, but Ryouma seriously got the Ban treatment. It was fun seeing them in the old costumes, though.

I still have a lot of trepidation about Basco. It's cool that he has the ability to suck out sixth ranger powers, but is he ever going to actually get to use it successfully in a formula where the heroes are never allowed to lose or fail? His power set feels more like a dude designed for an 80s show where the heroes' victories were allowed to be more pyrrhic. We'll see though, maybe they'll surprise me.

I also wish they'd just forego mecha battles when he appears, since his monsters never seem to actually get to do anything but stand and look cool for about two seconds before they're finisher bait.

I'm liking Gai and what he brings to the show. I like that there's someone there to figure out the clues and explain who the different Sentais are while the rest of the crew is clueless. I wish he'd tone down the face-pulling like 15% or so, but I imagine that will happen naturally over time.

The autograph scene was the opposite of classy, though. I just don't think I'll ever get into this show's sense of humor.
 
Don clings to Marvelous in almost every episode! Maybe they'll have a threesome with him?

For heaven's sake it isn't the end of the world if a Red and Pink Ranger don't hook up. (I seriously hope the movie does NOT make too much of Ahim being scared of ghosts or something, the show has done very well with her so far, there is no need to turn her into a damsel in distress)

Whoa whoa whoa there, I was just making a joke, the little statement after what I said wasn't obvious enough?

Besides, I wave the flag for fauxransomshipping :D
 
Did anyone else caught from the movie ending that Gokaiger will be taking cues from Pirates of the Caribbean? Gokai-oh sword-fighting dark!Gokai-oh on top of a mast.
 
I miss Ahim's Pink jacket she seems to wear less pink every episode even Gai is wearing more pink than her lol.

anyway it is interesting that Gai name his final wave attack (maybe because the fanboi in him) but I wish that the other Gokaiger have their own trademark attack names.

have you noticed that whenever it's summer time, the cast of tokusatsu shows wear summer outfits? like during w, philip wear checkered parkas and shotaro wore straw hat fedoras. in ooo, eiji started to wear t shirts instead of long sleeve shirts.
 
Let me admit, in the Maskman tribute episode, Basco will get their asses jumped by one shot heroes such as Mask X1, Deka Swan, Deka Bright, and Deka Gold. Then Gai gets to become Mask X1 at the end of the episode. Then later in another episode, they get their asses jumped by bangai heroes such as Signalman, Zuban, and Rio & Mele with the help of Basco. Then later, the real Ninjaman and Gunmajin show up to take Basco to an ally and beat the ever living **** out of him just because he forgot about them. That will be the end of Basco.
 
You know, I can't help but wonder if Don's Doughnuts survived not just the whole fight with Bosco, but them falling over a cliff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top