I'm so angry at President Obama...(I'm at loss for words)

I agree King.. as much as I want to see cities on the Moon, not just yet... let's perfect our world down here first before we start throwing money into space just to show that we can.

Instead apply that money to the planet here to show how well we can manage what we do have and need to work on.

Banned
I agree King.. as much as I want to see cities on the Moon, not just yet... let's perfect our world down here first before we start throwing money into space just to show that we can.

Instead apply that money to the planet here to show how well we can manage what we do have and need to work on.

I mean just look at all the kids here that have no health insurance, all the seniors and handicapped that can't get services they need because money that could go to them went to wars and bail outs. Look at all the homeless in this country that can't get a bed or food.

boogie woogie feng shui

If we were to wait for the world to be perfect before we started any new project, we would never get anything done. Besides, Outer planetary exploration is interesting and all, but right now it serves very little purpose other than pure geographical discovery, as even if any of the surrounding planets were inhabitable (which they're not by a long shot), there would still be the ungodly expenses involved in moving billions and billions of dollars worth of explorers, ecological surveyors, chemists, physicists, construction materials, laborers, governing figures, test subjects, field researchers, etc. to whatever faraway stone we decide is a viable domain for us little ol' humans, whose bodies, believe it or not, are really only evolutionarily suited to live in one planetary habitat. Money says it never happens. Cutting moon exploration funding is the right thing to do because moon exploration isn't solving any of the problems we have going on under our noses that we've been choosing to ignore for the longest time. America really needs to get its priorities straight, now more than ever.

Owner of the "Queen" Memory
Just putting this out there since I used to work for NASA (technically lol).

The Constellation and Ares program wasted nearly 9 billion and it was nowhere close to being safe to fly or even anywhere near done. Most of the people who were FOR the program didn't care how much money they wasted because hell, they're NASA! The decision is actually smart as hell on Obama's behalf. They need a limited budget and to scrap a project that was going nowhere. The people working on the project are glad now because they can start fresh and learn from the failed project that was Constellation. I, personally, am glad they will have to learn how to work with a budget instead of thinking they can just keep blowing money.

Also guys don't knock SK. Remember he's going to be president... and live on Mars. Don't crush his dreams. :)

Last edited:
Banned
"starting over" on another planet wouldn't solve anything by itself. It's not like all of our current bullshit would magically disappear if we packed up and moved to another world.

Don't be mad at Obama because we're not Star Trek yet. Hell, we need to stop running our health-care system like Ferrengi before we do anything in space.

I'm not mad at Obama anymore, just because we're not star trek yet, we're far from being in this stage at all. Look, we have all this **** sitting on our hands right now, because we're out there fighting this war against terrorists who wish to harm us all. Long list of problems that will have to solve here on the earth ourselves.

For now, we have to deal with those terrorists, deal with Iran President, deal with anybody who wish to harm human beings. That we're too far from being this "Star Trek" stage!!!

Now now now now, starting over in other world will united all humans, because we don't need that **** out here that thrown all over our faces all the times that we has to deal with them. It will do us good and will ensures that human race to survive! Don't you want humans to survive for more than five billion years? Then we have to get our asses moving somewhere else, far better off this world!

And why are you talking about health care? It has nothing to do with this space program? You're making this sounds like health care and NASA comes together in the same pie. Again, it has nothing to do with this space program.

Look..would you rather we, human beings, stay here on the earth awaits death?! That shown that it's our fate to going out to explore such strange worlds out there, so we could live some of them.

Banned
It is still a hunk of rock.

You just don't get it, do you? Earth's relationship with moon can't be broken off. If had that relationship broken off, we wouldn't survive out here at all. With our moon orbit around us, it allowed us to survive and thrive here on our precious planet.

Perhaps you don't understand humans very core of this relationship with earth's moon. How can you said that it's still a hunk of rock? Do you realised that our moon does indeed have water there? Just don't say that it's a hunk of rock.

Granted, moon's surface seemed to be very unforgiving place, but it's a way for us to settle there for permanent base.