I'm so angry at President Obama...(I'm at loss for words)

二番目の翻訳者
We're cancelling current trips to the moon so that the portion of NASA's budget currently used on moon trips can be spent on developing the new technologies that will take us to Mars.

Lurker
This planet is all that matters, so what if there are others out there, they will never be better nor have such a perfect race than Humans.

Thanks for coming across as an intergalactic Adolf Hitler. I swear, with poison like this in our world, we're going to have an uphill struggle in the near future if contact's made. We just brainwash ourselves into being counter-productive and unglued rather than unified and selfless.

Banned
Sorry, i was channeling Blue Cosmos there for a minute.

Build colonies on planets, not in space/on asteroids.
Gundam has show us what happens when they get pissed......

Super Moderator
"starting over" on another planet wouldn't solve anything by itself. It's not like all of our current bullshit would magically disappear if we packed up and moved to another world.

Don't be mad at Obama because we're not Star Trek yet. Hell, we need to stop running our health-care system like Ferrengi before we do anything in space.

It's Judgement Time!
Do we need to go to the moon or Mars? What scientific breakthroughs can we make by setting foot on their surface that we cannot make already?

I think Obama (if this is true) is merely saying that these projects are very expensive and are not necessary for what we, as a nation, need right now.

Heroes are forever
Even if we could make it to the Moon or Mars right now, I can see why someone would delay it. Take a look at this planet, humans aren't a really good lifeform to inhabit a world.

And what makes you think there wouldn't be government there? If they set it up, they're still in charge there. Unless you managed to get yourself into a lonely asteroid... alone, then no one would bother you.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
The moon is a boring hunk of rock (okay it got a little ice too). Going there is a waste of energy. Let's try to make something out of that piece of spacejunk they call a space station and then go to frickin' Mars.

Banned
As much as I hate to say it, I think all space exploration and other things like that should be put on hold for now. Our government, politicians, and our president seem more keen on bailing out corporations and spending more tax money than we have to give. Until we can fix our economy things like going back to the moon should be put on hold.