I'm so angry at President Obama...(I'm at loss for words)

Banned
Earlier this week, President Obama announced his plans on to cancelling the return trip to Earth's moon and of course going to Mars all together. I'm not sure if I heard it right.

But why did he decided to pull the plug on to set our journey back to earth's moon? We're designed to going to live on another world, rather than living here on old, boring world with wars and all.

That is, I don't think humans race will never gets to set its foot to another world unless we solve the problems here on the earth ourselves first. But, hey, we have to move our asses off this planet permanently! Granted, to some, people seemed to think that we were meant to live here on the earth for all eternity, but that's not case.

We have five billion of years to enjoy our lives here on the earth ourselves. It's inevitable that we, humans, are going to live on different worlds in the order to ensure that human race will live on.

Please tell me..why are we still here on the earth?! We were supposed to set be there on Mars by 1999, but it was cancelled! I've had it with those certain people who keep us here too long enough. Tell me..what does that it takes us to get off to live on different world to start new lives, new government from this current government?!

That would give us a greater chance of starting over on different worlds! Just what's going on?! It seemed to me that President Obama doesn't care, doesn't he? He just don't get it at all.

We have to settle there on earth's moon, so we could built like we have here. To built first-ever lunar city, first-ever lunar hotel, much more! It would be much cheaper to make that trip to Mars, where humans would be live there for good.

I truly, truly, truly, truly, truly, truly want to see that happening in my lifetime! But looks like it won't be happening anytime soon now. (Pound my hand on the table angrily) Damn it! How am I going to explain to my children that we're not going anywhere?! I want to send my children to live on Mars so badly! We have to free ourselves from this government that keeps us too long enough!

Umm... I think you really need to read up on current space initiatives because everything you are thinking is well beyond the scope of any realistic limits.

No while I regret manned American space missions being scaled back, the lost of moon missions aren't that major seeing how it was barely in the planning stages and was announced rather suddenly anyway. Really what the focus should be is finally getting the replacement for the shuttle program, which sadly is also on the back burner. But honestly this is just due economic issues so when the economy picks back the funding will increase again.

boogie woogie feng shui
We're nowhere close to being able to inhabit other planets, chief.

Banned
I think he saw an article on the internet and just took it way out of proportion.

No. I watch news on tv, not from the internet. It's just that Earth's moon comes first, you know? It's far much cheaper if we built the permanent base there, that allowing them to built the rockets, much more. It would be much faster to get there.

I want to see it in my lifetime before I got my body frozen! I want to see it with my very own eyes. To see that humans has finally push to its limits, we really can do it. There's no big deal about it.

And, VengeanceGOD, I honestly didn't know that he truly wants to take us to Mars by 2030, but won't that be enough to set permanent base there on our neighboring planet? No..I won't be satisfied until we, humans, have a potential to start our lives over there in the red planet. Come on, we really can do it. What keeps us from going there?

We really have to start spreading our wings and going on different worlds out there. I hope you understand how I feels on this. I have a passion on this..I have a strong connection with Mars than ever. More like we're already ties our fate to setting our foot there and starting over.

CPS

I don't see why it's important. I know he said no more Moon trips for now, which is reasonable seeing as that really wouldn't accomplish much.

Banned
I don't see why it's important. I know he said no more Moon trips for now, which is reasonable seeing as that really wouldn't accomplish much.

Can't you at least understand how important this to me for earth's moon? And why do you think that it wouldn't accomplish much? Care to explain? What about budget? I understand that our economy is still in the recovery mode, but I felt that he shouldn't have cancelled moon's plans. I suggested to put moon's plan on hold until our economy bounce back stronger than ever.

You have to understand that it's six months trip to Mars. Six months trip does take a toll on Human's health. We have to form a smart plan to figure it out how to get there without worrying about death in their minds. To me, Earth's moon would be good start.

For now, I have no choice, but to support President Obama's vision to get us to Mars by 2030, that's fine with me. As long as there won't be involves death for our astronauts. You can never know what awaits them in the outer space....

Lurker
King might be getting a little fruity because of the consciousness shift, the age of chaos coming to an end etc...some people feel like they have no proper place in the new age

And of course, with the impending collapse of everice (basicly the Universe getting fed up with money and creating a shift away from the lust for it), the urge to go spacewalking and to colonize can get impaitent as some of them don't see the need for delay