Sega To Buy Angry Birds Studio Rovio For Some Reason

Staff member
<p>Over the weekend the rumor sprouted up that Sega was looking to buy out mobile developer Rovio for a billion dollars. We were skeptical because (a) the only thing Rovio is known for is Angry Birds and that property hit its peak ages ago, and (b) there’s no way Sega has a billion dollars.</p>

The Truth will set you free
I don't believe the angry birds were simply dropped and killed. Trends have recently shifted in my opinion. Nobody, in my opinion, could ever argue that it's a good game. It was simply a matter of personal taste. When the majority of the games were free, but they were still charging, some fans were turned off. Furthermore, all of the sequels and spin-offs alienated the audience. They should only have one game and it should be updated on a regular basis. Candy Crush's continued existence is due to it. Unlike the original plan, Among Us just made downloadable content and updates.

I said oooh
I'm surprised you didn't bring up how heavily marketing the games is eroding their appeal. Plants vs. Zombies had similar issues. With each new release, these games would add a new button to the home screen, linking to either an in-game store or advertisements for their other games. It got so bad that it was difficult to figure out how to start playing the game. For this single reason, the vast majority of people I know stopped playing the original games. I first installed The Angry Birds on my PC around 2010. After finishing many of them, I played them for about 6 hours a day without getting bored. Sega may have what it takes to make a comeback.

Hmm....In my opinion, the majority of people are unaware that Sega is more than just a manufacturer of video game software. Pachinko machines and arcades, to name a few, are also significant sources of income for them. Angry Birds Pachinko will most likely be manufactured in Japan. it still have name recognition.

Jae

Didn't Sega purchased Bayonetta too? They just know its a household name that can be made relevant again.

Sega's attempt to acquire Rovio, the studio behind the once-popular Angry Birds game, is strange. Sega looks to be betting on the continued growth of the mobile gaming market, and they're hoping to expand their reach in that space by leveraging Rovio's expertise. Some Angry Birds fans may have been turned off by the numerous sequels and spin-offs that have flooded the market over the years. It's a common problem for well-known franchises - less is sometimes more. With Sega's resources and experience, however, they may be able to resurrect the franchise and appeal to a wider audience.

I use to be addicted to this game until I find other Games much more fun because Angry birds can be frustrating.

The gaming industry is constantly evolving and it's important for companies to stay competitive. By acquiring Rovio, Sega is taking a strategic step towards increasing their presence in the mobile gaming market. I'm curious to see how this acquisition will benefit both companies in the long run. Angry Birds is not popular anymore but it still have name recognition.