yellow-chan
♥Saki-Hime♥
^ No,
Double: I am two-in-one sandwich... :rofl:
Double: I am two-in-one sandwich... :rofl:
I would keep the names the same. Never liked the idea of changing a person's name just because it's foreign for western audiences. :redface2:
Agreed. So that their names match the main setting of the film (i.e. Kamen Rider Kabuto is set in Tokyo).I would keep them the same as well.
Kotaro Minami = Manly Man.
Wataru Kurenai = Sissy Bastard.
My concepts of new character names for a Filipino dub of Kamen Rider Kiva, but it would not happen for real:
Wataru Kurenai - Warlito Katigbak
Otoya Kurenai - Osmundo "Ondoy" Katigbak
Keisuke Nago - Kelvin Narciso
Megumi Aso - Maricar Arrojado
Yuri Aso - Urduja "Uring" Arrojado
Shizuka Nomura - Shelley Nievera
Kengo Eritate - Dwight Escribano
Mio Suzuki - Rosario "Rio" Silvestre
Taiga Nobori - Erik Amador
Mamoru Shima - Manuel "Manoling" Santillan
Akira Kido - Anastacio "Tacio" Kaunlaran
For the Arms Monsters, Riki is spelled as "Ricky;" Jiro and Ramon do not need to be translated.
Ryo Itoya - Ramil Inocencio
Masao Kurenai - Morris Katigbak
King - Hari
Queen - Reyna
Bishop - Babaylan (more appropriate, a Filipino word for "shaman")
Rook - Berdugo (Filipino word for "executioner", since all he does is slay humans)
Fangire - Aswang
I will post my naming suggestions for Kamen Rider Double later on.
My definition of "aswang" - bat-like demons whose bodies can be divided in half.
Kamen Rider Double, Filipino dub character naming concepts (wouldn't happen for real, too):
Shotaro Hidari - Sotero Izquierdo (izquierdo is Spanish for left, as hidari is the Japanese translation)
Philip - Pepeng (nice reference to a typhoon that recently struck the Philippines, in relation to Double's "windy" motif)
Akiko Narumi - Amalia Navidad
Sokichi Narumi - Zosimo Navidad
Mikio Jinno - Miguel Jabillo
Shun Makura - Sabino Magallanes
Ryu Terui - Ron Tolosa
Queen & Elizabeth - Maria & Clara
Santa-chan - Santa
Watcherman - Ang Tagabantay
Master - Datu
Ryubee Sonozaki - Ruperto "Ruping" Soriquez
Saeko Sonozaki - Lucinda "Sinang" Soriquez
Wakana Sonozaki - Wendy Soriquez
Kirihiko Sudo/Sonozaki - Kaiser Sydiongco/Soriquez
Mick - Miko
Sounds weird, isn't it?
EDIT: All names are completely fictitious in nature, no deliberate resemblance intended.
Mix the names up of course!
I AM AMAZON!
:laugh:
Kotaro Minami = Manly Man.
Wataru Kurenai = Sissy Bastard.