Formally known as Bennu
Sales data for Ultraman, Sentai, and Rider is out!

FLFJI7nVQAAtYzP?format=png&name=900x900.png

Ultraman continues to do great. Trigger's Q3 did about 3 billion yen better than Z did last year. They're expecting a HUGE overall boost for the coming year. Probably in relation to the release of Shin Ultraman. So basically, in spite of Trigger having a mixed reception among longtime Ultrafans, it was still popular with its target audience (children) and the merchandise outdid the profits for Z.

Kamen Rider is still stable as ever. Super Sentai however, is not doing so great. 4.5 billion yen for the FY puts it as one of the brand's low, quarterly predictions are also down. Its Q4 is the lowest ever for Sentai.

R

raden238

Colour me shocked. Ultraman toys selling better than Super Sentai. I noticed that Sentai toys have gotten more and more childish (like 3-4 years old). Zyuohger and Ryusoulger were like legos. Zenkaiger and Donbrothers mecha and role-play weapons look very simplistic and almost pre-school-lite. Perhaps its time for Sentai to go back to its roots again because clearly the pre-school demographic designs are not working. Major props to Ultraman making a huge resurgence.

D

Dr Kain

Glad to see Ultraman Trigger failed. I hope that means they'll take the next show more seriously instead of half assing it.

Formally known as Bennu
The Ultraman franchise has been doing great as of late, first the official Youtube channel reaches 2 million subscribers, have FIVE Ultraman Blu-rays chart on Amazon's Sci-Fi top 50 (4 in the top 20 - 2 in the top 10 - Steelbook of the original ULTRAMAN series at NUMBER ONE for days along with reaching number 46 in overal Movies & TV charts plus both Tiga and Dyna reaching the top 50 Sci-Fi DVD charts) and now the IP sales numbers seeing a 3 billion increase from last year.

This is what happens when a company like Tsuburaya:
  1. Expands their IPs to overseas audience
  2. Uses YT channel to air the latest Ultraman series & older series with Eng subs
  3. Does not go after YouTubers who upload older series, leaves the videos up
  4. Team up with international brands like Marvel & Netflix
The result, lots of profits for Tsuburaya.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
At least Ultraman never had anything remotely as bad as Kamen Rider Build, the worst tokusatsu ever made. I don't mind Sentai failing, it only proves that Kyuranger, the best tokusatsu ever made, is a solid normie filter, but that's to be expected from perfection.

Formally known as Bennu
No. Ultraman didn't even hit double digits in sales. Kamen Rider is slaughtering Ultraman by nearly three times as much.

It had a 3 billion increase from Z so not a failure in the slightest. You're like the only one I came across who calls this a failure.

D

Dr Kain

It had a 3 billion increase from Z so not a failure in the slightest. You're like the only one I came across who calls this a failure.

Well look at the numbers. Gundam, Kamen Rider, Naruto, Dragonball, and One Piece are all in the double digits. Meanwhile, Ultraman, Sentai, and whatever Anpiman and Aikatsu are, are all single digits. How is that not bad?

I'm surprised Trigger was a 3bil increase from Z though as Z was a much better series that actually gave its supporting cast something to do and didn't spit all over the history of a previous Ultra show like Trigger did. Although, I'm sure Covid also didn't help Z's sales.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
and whatever Anpiman and Aikatsu are

The former is an iconic IP in the world of Japanese children's books and the other is Toei's equivalent to Love Live. I'm genuinely surprised you are unfamiliar with those. Now I am expecting an angry reaction from Raden238.:p

And I actually just realized, how the hell is Pokemon doing so low? Did generation eight under perform?