HJU Picture Thread - Secret Identities: Behind The Helmet 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm Eian.
I was out in Columbus, OH on Sunday and Monday and we ended up at the Fresh Street Foodie Cart~~ The guy that was working there took my picture because he liked my shirt XD

1_205121859530540_100000981815532_544279_4149714_n.jpg
yeah! it's **** on a stick

(っ・ω・)っ
Heroi! How did you get the lighting in that picture to look so fantastic?! You look super cute!!!

(っ・ω・)っ
HEROW
:C *Sad.. no more katsu don for me..*

Honestly I'd love to find out what dressing they use for their asian salads.. I've looked in asian supermarkets, but half the stuff deters me because I don't know if it's actually dressing.. @_@ I try other brands but they're not the same. The closest I've had is this miso dressing that comes in a glass bottle..

I honestly wish I knew how to prepare sashimi myself.. I love raw fish but I couldn't ever trust to find truly fresh ingredients and I wouldn't want to get sick. The closest I get is imitation crab, shrimp, octopus, or smoked salmon. @_@ It's such a bummer.. I love surf clam but I'd have no idea where to buy it fresh. That reminds me, I know a place I can get a lot of flying fish egg @_@ I love caviar.. I dunno why uncooked things appeal to me so much (prociutto.. blue rare steak.. seared ahi tuna.. yum..)

I am a strange lady..

Hahaha yeah, but once your gums heal, I believe you'll be able to partake on Katsudon once again. :thumbs:

With the salad, all I really ever eat is the usual Japanese Kani Salad which has a load of mayo on it... I love mayo, but I try to avoid it of I want to be healthy. :laugh:

Regarding the sashimi... Couldn't you order one from the grocery or a nearby Japanese Restaurant? Yeah, sickness is a risk when it comes to eating raw food, that's why you should be able to know which sources are reliable and to not eat too much of it. :laugh:

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
@_@ That sounds good but I meant the orange-tasting one they serve..
Looks kinda like this:
http://thefoodaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/benihanasaladdressing.jpg

and no.. I am full Italian lol.. hence why I love my food lol..

Ah... Yes, that's weird... :laugh:

You can try these:

1/3 cup Ketchup
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp Pineapple juice
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp soy sauce

Put honey and ketchup in a bowl and mix well. Add other ingredients in the bowl and stir well.

You could probably sub miso in for the soy sauce.

Maybe this one:

1 tbsp clear honey
1 orange juice
1 fresh lime juice
1 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 tsp Japanese soy sauce

(っ・ω・)っ
Hahaha yeah, but once your gums heal, I believe you'll be able to partake on Katsudon once again. :thumbs:

With the salad, all I really ever eat is the usual Japanese Kani Salad which has a load of mayo on it... I love mayo, but I try to avoid it of I want to be healthy. :laugh:

Regarding the sashimi... Couldn't you order one from the grocery or a nearby Japanese Restaurant? Yeah, sickness is a risk when it comes to eating raw food, that's why you should be able to know which sources are reliable and to not eat too much of it. :laugh:

I wish!! I don't know how fresh the fish there is -really-.. I do have a lot of asian friends who live in the area.. but none that specifically prepare sushi. A teacher of mine's father is actually a sushi chef.. but I'd feel weird asking him about it haha.. I could try asian supermarkets.. but again that's iffy..
@_@ I could always just get some from a japanese restaurant.. but I'd be paying restaurant prices and.. it's pricey.

I wish I were rich lol.. @_@ OH AND ONIGIRI!! I wish there were onigiri stands around here ;_; I love when they wrap it in triangles <3 Those and handrolls are so tasty and make such a perfect snack.

I have seaweed paper, though! I munch on a sheet every once in a while. :3

Ah... Yes, that's weird... :laugh:

You can try these:

1/3 cup Ketchup
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp Pineapple juice
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp soy sauce

Put honey and ketchup in a bowl and mix well. Add other ingredients in the bowl and stir well.

You could probably sub miso in for the soy sauce.

Maybe this one:

1 tbsp clear honey
1 orange juice
1 fresh lime juice
1 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 tsp Japanese soy sauce
I'll give that a shot once my mouth heals! Are you a chef, doc? Haha, these sound good!!

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Nah... I just know how to fend for myself... :laugh:

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I've never really liked the taste of seaweed. I occasionally order things and then discover that it has seaweed on it, so I pick it all off.

Nevermind, I take it back, I hate the taste of seaweed. :laugh: Well, dried seaweed, anyway. Never tried it otherwise.

HEROW
But seaweed tastes good... :disappoin Comes with being an Asian who loves Asian cuisine I suppose...

Like a Tiger boss
I give up. To many sexy people on this board and imma toad. :/ Kura and Heroi make a girl feel toadish around them. You two look extremely beautiful in your pics. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.