Garo - The One Who Shines in the Darkness - Episode 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter scikaiju
  • Start date Start date
S

scikaiju

Guest
Garo_zpsb38baf7e.avif​

New episode thread, a little late but it's here. So enjoy and discuss away.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't expect it was going to be a bittersweet ending. Thought that it would go the cliched way with Shin would finally playing with everything he got an be satisfied with it. It was a nice touch seeing he didn't succeed. Ryuga shows more depth in this episode with his interaction with Shin and turns out being Makai Knight doesn't stop him from a being a good rocker. Next ep, Takeru finally shows his armor.
 
Was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this one. I admit, I would've liked a full Horror monster, and longer armor scenes. But the fact that the episode stood on its own with good story, music and character interactions is an undeniably good thing.

I really liked that ending, how the guy decided to throw away the scale, and with that, his big chance at a debut. Was not a full on happy ending but it ended on a hopeful note.
 
Sup with all the grain in this chapter?
Also, I really like the fight between all the Makai Knights (And Rian) vs all the horrors! I would really like to see a suit tho :/
 
Um, okay, I am really getting confused here. This show is called Garo right? I ask because all I am seeing is a show about 3 dudes, with one girl and an old man who just sits there and does nothing, arguing with each other and then occasionally fighting some dude with the Las Plagas virus who are not actually monsters. The only episode that had a good fight was the second one, and it was the only one that actually had a fight in armor. This was lame. He used the armor for half a second, and it was all CGI. This show is getting worse with each episode and I am getting tired of it. I don't want to bail on it, as I am remaining hopeful it is going to actually get good, but I am tired of the lack of character development, the lack of a cohesive story, but most of all, I am sick and tired of the lack of an action show that has NO FREAKING ACTION!! Where are all of the cool ass camera angles? Where are the 3 minute long fight sequences with incredible choreography? Where is the badass music to go with the fighting? WHERE IS THE FRIGGIN ARMOR!!!!
 
Garo has good character developments? LOL. I recall most of Garo early episodes consist of Kouga sulking around and generally being a jerk ass who happened to slay Horrors.

As for plotline, Season 3 is moving way faster than both earlier seasons combined. Season 3 at least has the Kaneshiro group plotline, mystery behind black Garo armor and the Mado Horror. Compare to the first, we have Kouga going around killing random Horror for half season while Rei picking up a fight for no reason. Season 2? The man in the mask appeared in episode 1 and then having a fight later on. But then he disappeared until he was needed in the second half.

And please, I think we all agree that this season has lack of armor fights, mostly one hit KO. But don't pretend that early episodes in Season 1 and Season 2 have good armor fights. They are all one hit KOs too. Long fights in early episodes are the Garo VS Zero and VS Man in Mask parts, and they were about as long as the fight in Season 3 episode 2.

I know Season 3 is not perfect. Hell, even I complained the lack of armor fight and lack of Horror designs. But it is annoying to see people compare it against a very much 'beautified" version Season 1 and Season 2 and say that they are superior. Really, we should judge the show on its own merits

Anyway, not a fan of episode 6, or a fan of music episode at all. I don't really know why Tokus and animes love to make those episodes with characters showing their loves for music/dances and somehow will relate to the monster of the week. I guess people love these kind of episodes?

I kinda like the rather bittersweet note though, cause usually we will have the guest character succeed in this type of episodes. It is refreshing to see him fail. Ryuga was doing Kouga-level of jerkassness to Shin though, he sorta ruined his life, with a smile

Enjoy the Knights + Priest VS the Horrors. Once again, disappointed that we are treated with very mook looking Horror. Based on this, I think we can treat this show as AU with its own takes on Horrors.
 
Last edited:
Everyone use nostalgia filter when it comes to season 1, despite the fact that season 1 has many flaws as well. People like Dr Kain just can't see it. Good characterization? So male protagonist being a "cool" guy and a jerkass toward the very lame and useless female protagonist for the first few episodes is good characterization? Thank god, you're not a screenwriter. Complainers will always be complainers. Plot wise, the series is so much better than the very slow season 1, which episodes mostly consist of jerkass guy with sword fighting with scary monsters while useless girl goes around working odd jobs with weird uniforms
BTW, please remember that Yami o Terasu Mono is ongoing and only has 7 episodes on the air, don't compare it to the complete previous seasons with it's 49 episodes worth of character development and action. Then again, like I said, complainers will be complainers, no matter how dumbass and strawman-like their complaint is.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's quite certain that people remember the second half of Season 1. The entire first half is also just "Kaoru gets job, or does something that somehow gets her close to a Horror. Kouga saves her and kills Horror".
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top