Banned
probably too many games to count or remember. There's always a wow moment every new console generation. biggest wow moment for me, probably, was going from FF3 (FF6) on SNES to FFVII on PS1 and seeing that logo and hearing the theme song play. I was floored by the leap in technology.

I wish there was a more recent "wow" moment for me, but it takes a lot these days.

Thing is, the music quality in 7 was just midi. It wasn't any better than FF6 IMO. In fact in terms of graphics, music, and quality I prefer 6 to 7. But then.. I think 7 is just crap.

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
Marvel VS Capcom 2 Just seeing all those characters together in one game blew my mind the first time I saw it in Arcades.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I've got a few..

Firstly, Super Mario 64. I remember playing the demo at TRU and it blew my young mind away. I had never played a game in 3D and to see Mario going all over the place, able to explore the world he was in and even being able to climb trees, was one of the most incredible things I had ever seen.

Final Fantasy III (or VI...whichever makes you happy :laugh:) is another game that comes to mind. The graphics were nothing special, but the story was incredibly addicting and I found myself thinking about it while I was at school and basically any time I wasn't playing it.

And lastly...Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The sheer scope and magnitude of the game astounded me. It really succeeded in providing a true open-world gameplay style where you really felt like there were always new adventures to be had. The world of Oblivion feels almost endless and all of the packed in mythos, guilds, and storylines make you feel a part of a fantasy world. Wow, indeed.

Banned
I've got a few..

Firstly, Super Mario 64. I remember playing the demo at TRU and it blew my young mind away. I had never played a game in 3D and to see Mario going all over the place, able to explore the world he was in and even being able to climb trees, was one of the most incredible things I had ever seen.

Final Fantasy III (or VI...whichever makes you happy :laugh:) is another game that comes to mind. The graphics were nothing special, but the story was incredibly addicting and I found myself thinking about it while I was at school and basically any time I wasn't playing it.

And lastly...Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The sheer scope and magnitude of the game astounded me. It really succeeded in providing a true open-world gameplay style where you really felt like there were always new adventures to be had. The world of Oblivion feels almost endless and all of the packed in mythos, guilds, and storylines make you feel a part of a fantasy world. Wow, indeed.

At the time the graphics to FF3/6 were breathtaking. What are you talking about... :sly:

I agree with you in every way about Oblivion.

The World Warrior
Virtua Fighter, the granddaddy of 3D fighters. It was very impressive for its time, only to be overshadowed one year later by the prettier Tekken.

Last edited:
Lurker
Mass Effect 2

Seriously, I got the game because I had to pick a birthday present and there was nothing good out at the moment. I remember getting home and saying to myself "why did I buy this...?", but then I put it on my 360 and... :castlerock:

I have a four games like that.

The first on is Dune 2 on Sega Mega Drive. When I first played the game I was like "Holy crap, there's tanks, they blow each other at the real time!" Not to mention emotions when I destroyed enemy building at the first time and when I saw other units. I beat this game hundreds of times and it still has the potential to surprise me sometimes.

Next stop is 3DO's Doom. I know this port is crappy but this is the first Doom I played, so I didn't knew about it on the other systems. All those monsters, weapons, levels, music, gameplay changed me into nerd trying to beat one game.

Next two I'll count together since they had exactly the same effect on me. Those two are Red Alert and Red Alert 2. Those two are examples of good gameplay and extremely funny. And again, I have not much to say. Battles there are fun, movies made me laugh in loud voice. And those stereotypes about Russia were just in place.

Final Fantasy VII made me **** my pants the first time I saw it. It was the first game that made me go, "Sweet Mary Mother of God...... THIS is what games can be?!?!?" :O_O:

The World Warrior
Final Fantasy VII made me **** my pants the first time I saw it. It was the first game that made me go, "Sweet Mary Mother of God...... THIS is what games can be?!?!?" :O_O:

This...

Shenmue I & II also had me slack jawwed in awe. :D

...and definitely this. I'd give my left nut just to get a Shenmue III, or even a compilation of the first two for the 360.