The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
Ever see a game for the first time and it hits you like "holy crap,this is awesome"?

Two picks for me(more will be added as I think of them)

TMNT-Arcade

Like many nine and ten year olds in the late 80s/early 90s I breathed,slept,and ate TMNT.I had the NES game and played the hell out of it at least three times a week.

I kept hearing people,including my older brother,rave about the TMNT arcade game.Everyone said the NES game didn`t hold a candle to it.

So,one afternoon my mom took me to the local arcade(sadly no more)located outside the mall. The TMNT game was the first game you saw when you entered the arcade. My eyes saw the game as the intro started up and then moved to the demo. All I could think was "oh my God".

Aladdin-Sega Genesis
Anyone who had a Genesis remembers this game and the hype over its animation.I had seen pictures of the game in magazines but wanted to see if the developers could actually pull off movie-like animation.

I saw the game at an in-store demo and could not believe my eyes.I knew right then and there that I had to get it.

So,which games made you go "wow"?

I am the law
Just off the top of my head.

Older games...

Mortal Kombat. When released, it was unheard of to rip someone's head off in a game. What more can be said about a game that helped usher in the game rating system.

Mario 64. Mario's (and some would say games in general) first really true forey into the realm of 3D...and it was mind blowing!

Modern games...

Gears of War. Sure, the 3'rd person game type was nothing new...but after slogging your way through waves and waves of Locus' using the chainsaw on your lancer, came a poop your pants moment when a HUGE boss encounter happened.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Building on decades of Star Wars games before it, using force powers always seemed kind of 'meh.' But Force Unleashed took force powers to another level. Finally it felt like you were a jedi, or sith, and had full control over the force.

PARTY HARD
For me, it was definitely...probably...

Phantasy Star Online
When I played with B Samurai and FuuNoKami Oka, I thought it'd be kinda boring. But when we started doing harder missions, I had SO much fun. Everyone had some sort of role, and I loved watching my little robot girl carrying around big guns. lol

Banned
Mass Effect 1. It was the reason I bought a 360.

Skies of Arcadia. It was the reason I bought a DC.

Now Demonic
When Shenmue first came out I was wowed. Also Majora's Mask. When Spider-man 2 first hit stores I was impressed with the possibility of swinging to the Statue of Liberty.

I should replay Spider-man 2 and see how well it holds up.

Harumph.
Viewtiful Joe. I got it at random thinking it wasn't going to be anything special, but then I actually got to playing it and was blown away by how awesome and hilarious it was.

Eight years later, I still say it's my favorite game for the GC and the PS2.

so far I could think of Heavy Rain and LA Noire's facial motion capture. not to mention the graphics are top notch!

It's Judgement Time!
probably too many games to count or remember. There's always a wow moment every new console generation. biggest wow moment for me, probably, was going from FF3 (FF6) on SNES to FFVII on PS1 and seeing that logo and hearing the theme song play. I was floored by the leap in technology.

I wish there was a more recent "wow" moment for me, but it takes a lot these days.