G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Official Talkback

Checked out the first showing this morning with my lil brother. Very much a summer popcorn flick.

*I felt like the story was rushed, and considering the script was squeezed in before the strike(?) I guess that's to be expected.

*It felt like the writer was trying to make far too many connections between key characters for the sake of moving along major plot points/character motivations.

*I was pleasantly surprised by the handling of the accelerator suits, I was afraid of just how much screen time they would get simply because the trailers made them out to dominate the entirety of the movie. (One could argue it still may have been too much though)

*Fairly brutal deaths for a PG-13 flick utilizing a kids' toy line. I lol'd a couple of times (horror film fan btw).

My lil bro is 11, and he walked out of it with a smile simply because he is an action junkie, and that's exactly what the majority of the movie was.

Overall, it was okay for me. It felt in many ways as over the top as the cartoon did in retrospect. The ending wasn't a shocker, it actually reminded of a certain ending from another franchise...*cough*X-Men*cough*
 
Flag waving was kept to just about zilch. NATO played the part of non-Joe combatants.

"Knowing is half the battle..." was used a couple of times in a briefing scene, but don't expect an over abundance of "Yo Joe!" though...a whopping once as I recall.
 
Im going to watch it just for the sake of entertainment.
Will probably look back it and remind me of how the movie was well not a masterpiece wouldnt expect it any way.

Same goes for TF2 watched it , like it, and then i realize how much it sucks...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top