[Anime] Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project: New Digimon Adventure Series next spring!

Agumon looks weird too, honestly. The proportions are messed up. The head is too big for the body, and the claws are a bit too small for the body to top of that.
 
It looks like the same style used for Our War Game and Revenge of Diabromon? I'm not complaining. Those movies looked gorgeous.
 
Newest image revealed...

tumblr_nl0op9s1ta1tadfico1_540.avif
 
what we know from the poster is that Butter-Fly is once again the opening theme song, with Brave Heart as the insert song. both songs will be re-recorded into 2015 versions with the original singers. all main 8 Digimons' original VAs are also back to reprise their roles. since the VAs for the kids aren't revealed yet, I think they might recast them entirely...
 
You know, hopefully after this new series airs, animators from the old digimon series will be able to continue and perhaps the next one will involve Huckmon, the Sistermons as well as Aegiomon and there evolved forms.
 
^ it's only the kids who are recasted, while the Digimons are still voiced by their old VAs. Hikari and Joe are now voiced by Ichimichi Mao (GokaiYellow) and Ikeda Junya (GokaiSilver) respectively, gonna take time to let that sink in. I'm actually kinda glad it's not going to be a TV series. granted, we have to wait longer for torrents but it's better than trying to find the time (and mood) to sit down and watch 50 episodes. IMO anyway.
 
I said this in another forum, so I'll say it here

I had a feeling that "Tri" was originally slated to be an anime series, but for some reason........possibly the writing or production staff felt they couldn't produce enough material for a full 30+ episode season.

That's my only theory at this point, I really think "Tri" was going to end up series but they decided not to at the last minute.

And oh yeah, we finally have new teaser trailers to go along with this confirmed news of a "6-part movie series"

Jap version:
[video=youtube;MKWC2HjeAfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWC2HjeAfU[/video]

Eng version:
[video=youtube;CN9xpqG1giY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9xpqG1giY[/video]
 
Okay so most already know this by now but the voice actors and actresses for the DigiDestined have been revealed. And yes, they're a completely new cast. Anyway, here are the voice actors and actress, the roles they're voicing and other roles they've done before:-

Natsuki Hanae (Sinon's friend Kyouji from Sword Art Online II) as Taichi Yagami
Yoshimasa Hosoya (Saga Adou in Gundam Build Fighters Try) as Yamato Ishida
Suzuko Mimori (Kourin Tatsunagi in Cardfight!! Vanguard) as Sora Takenouchi
Mutsumi Tamura (Lasha Hakkarainen in Buddy Complex) as Koushirou Izumi
Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura in Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) as Mimi Tachikawa
Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Majestic Prince, Enjin Kishi Zen in Garo: Yami o Terasu Mono, GokaiSilver in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger) as Jou Kido
Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba in Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
MAO (Flamenco Ruby in Samurai Flamenco, GokaiYellow in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger) as Hikari Yagami

Yup if I'm right, this is the first time Junya Ikeda and MAO have worked together since Gokaiger. But yeah I've watched most of the anime most of these guys have been in but I did watch some clips from some of the shows they've all been in and I must say, I dig the cast. But we'll see. Looking forward to the movie.
 
While it's good to see some sentai alumnus a the VAs, what really surprised me is Alphamon in the trailer. Seriously, I did not expect to see him here. Usually when we have both Alphamon and Omegamon in one media, the Royal Knights story theme shouldn't be far behind....
Do it Toei. DO IT.
Although, even if they don't include the other Knights, I'm excited enough with Alpha alone :D
It's been turned into a movie series with a new voice cast and, uh, other stuff. Still as hyped?
For reasons stated above, I'm actually more hyped than ever :laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top