[Anime] Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project: New Digimon Adventure Series next spring!

Why - hang on, I'm confused, why are people talking about them rebooting 02 or it somehow conflicting with it and causing plot holes?

During 02, Tai is 14. He's 17 in this new show, so it'd take place three years afterwards. There's no plot hole here.

Anyway. I'm, er, really, really excited for this. I hope we get to see all of the original Adventure cast (I can't imagine we won't), and at least get cameos from the 02 cast (again, I can't imagine we won't), but at the same time, I kiiiinda want there to mostly be a new Digidestined team, apart from Tai?

Tai plus two or three new characters would work pretty well, I think, and then the rest of the Adventure cast could join up with them later.

During 02, Tai is 14. He's 17 in this new show, so it'd take place three years afterwards. There's no plot hole here.

Anyway. I'm, er, really, really excited for this. I hope we get to see all of the original Adventure cast (I can't imagine we won't), and at least get cameos from the 02 cast (again, I can't imagine we won't), but at the same time, I kiiiinda want there to mostly be a new Digidestined team, apart from Tai?

Famitsu has reported this new Digimon Adventure series as the sequel to Adventure 02, so we're most probably going to see the old gang from the first 2 seasons as high school students. I dunno why they labelled them all as high school students since Daisuke, Takeru and Hikari would be in junior high and Iori in elementary school.

Yeah, the ending doesn't even make it into my list of reasons why I dislike 02.

I might sound biased here since I love Adventure 02, but what was wrong with it? was it because Daisuke was annoying? was it because it wasn't the old gang anymore save for Takeru and Hikari? was it because Takeru should've been appointed the leader instead? what?! :shakefist

I'm currently marathon-ing Adventure right now (downloaded the Japanese DVD rip along with 02) and I seriously think that show has flaws of its own, like say... everytime they introduce a new form for each Digimon, they take an entire episode to build up the drama and use the last few minutes to rush through the Digivolution only for that new form to become totally weak so quickly in the next episode! :redface2:

Last edited:
I might sound biased here since I love Adventure 02, but what was wrong with it? was it because Daisuke was annoying? was it because it wasn't the old gang anymore save for Takeru and Hikari? was it because Takeru should've been appointed the leader instead? what?! :shakefist:
The dropped plot threads, plotholes, lack of character development for most of the cast (Daisuke actually not among these people in my opinion), dropping evolution mechanics for new ones constantly, etc. It's got a whole barrel of things going on.

I'm currently marathon-ing Adventure right now (downloaded the Japanese DVD rip along with 02) and I seriously think that show has flaws of its own, like say... everytime they introduce a new form for each Digimon, they take an entire episode to build up the drama and use the last few minutes to rush through the Digivolution only for that new form to become totally weak so quickly in the next episode! :redface2:
I'm reminded of many Kamen Riders here. :laugh:

The Great Me
Reviving this thread because, well, people gotta see this:-

B4vCwEECQAAUTya.jpg

To be honest, I was thinking that perhaps they might go with a modern update of the original art design or 02's or something, but it appears that they're going for something along the lines of the movies. Not a bad choice though IMO. The movie art and animation was probably a notch above the TV series', though maybe that's just my opinion. Overall, I like this. I REALLY like this ALOT.

I've always preferred the character designs from the series, but eh, I'm still looking forward to it. :)

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Reviving this thread because, well, people gotta see this:-

B4vCwEECQAAUTya.jpg

To be honest, I was thinking that perhaps they might go with a modern update of the original art design or 02's or something, but it appears that they're going for something along the lines of the movies. Not a bad choice though IMO. The movie art and animation was probably a notch above the TV series', though maybe that's just my opinion. Overall, I like this. I REALLY like this ALOT.

So...........where's the Zero Two kids (besides Takeru and Hikari, duh)?

I know that he gave his original pair to Davis in 02, which is why he probably doesn't have any here, but Tai needs to put some damn goggles on ASAP.

Lurker
digimonpng_zps40999680.jpg

Yeah, the art style isn't really winning me over...
Plus, it's pretty jarring seeing Agumon drawn in the usual style while Tai is drawn in a completely different one.
It just doesn't mesh that well.