[Anime] Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project: New Digimon Adventure Series next spring!

I would've guessed that of all places, people here would be more down with Frontier; considering its essentially a sentai series with a Digimon coat of paint.

While I'm all for this sequel series and I dig that its actually after Adventure 02 (assuming 02 is still canon) I still want there to be new stuff. I feel like I would get rather bored if it ends up being the same digimon and digivolutions we've seen countless times with just a few new villains tacked on.
I'd like some new digimon for the good guys too. For the record, when I say "new", I don't mean; "its a digimon thats never been a digidestined's partner before" I mean new to digimon as a whole.
I was going to say the same thing (re: Frontier). That show gets way too much undeserved hate.

That said, I don't think they'll give us new Digimon for the characters - it's not like this is a new series or anything. If they're bringing back the humans, they're going to bring back the Digimon. At best, we can hope for some "new" final forms and combinations, maybe? Unless they introduce a new mechanic, of course - or heck, have them use an old one. It always bugged me we never got to see a Greymon version of Flamedramon, for instance.

It'd also depend how much the 02 cast is involved. There's a lot more potential for new forms there, if they're sticking strictly to no new evolution concepts, since their Digimon only have forms up through Adult if they don't combine. On the other hand, given the trailer, I suspect the 02 involvement will be minimal (if it's there at all).

I really, really hope the "Digimon is back" is attempting to mark a series revival... at the same time though, if it is, then I feel like it's ignoring Xros Wars - it wasn't that long ago, so it feels a bit strange to say "Digimon is back" all dramatic like that when there was one just a little while ago, you know? And I don't know about you guys, but I loved Xros Wars, and I hate that (All Star Rumble notwithstanding) every Digimon thing that hasn't been tied to it that's come out since has basically ignored it - not unlike Frontier for the most part.

... That's neither here nor there though, so I'll drop that, haha.

In any case, really, really excited to hear about this! I can't wait to see what they're going to bring us, but until we see more, at the same time, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. It could be a simple movie or OVA series or something - which, while still awesome, might not be a whole lot given the hype.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
I guess that makes sense. I guess that while I am excited to have the old team come back, I still feel like there needs to be a certain element of "newness". Maybe a new model of digivice, new forms for old characters there needs to be something to change up stuff if they dont plan on adding any new hero digimon cuz otherwise things could get quite predictable after only a few episodes.

Lurker
In any case, really, really excited to hear about this! I can't wait to see what they're going to bring us, but until we see more, at the same time, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. It could be a simple movie or OVA series or something - which, while still awesome, might not be a whole lot given the hype.

Toei loves to celebrate anniversaries (Kamen Rider's has been running in some form or another for the last 5 years :laugh:) and if Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon got sequel series for their anniversaries, it gives me a lot of hope for this one.

I guess that makes sense. I guess that while I am excited to have the old team come back, I still feel like there needs to be a certain element of "newness". Maybe a new model of digivice, new forms for old characters there needs to be something to change up stuff if they dont plan on adding any new hero digimon cuz otherwise things could get quite predictable after only a few episodes.
Well, that's assuming they don't add anything. If they intend to make this a full series, I would be more surprised if they didn't add anything.

To that end, if it's celebrating Digimon's 15 years as a whole, we might see more of a Gokaiger or Decade sort of spin (referencing the other shows) rather than new content, so who knows?

Irregular Hunter
I found 02 as thrilling as the first one when I watched it. If there's anything I dislike, if ever slightly, is only some of the professions the Digichosen got at the end.

I am cautiously optimistic too, only thing I find odd is that they chose High School. Though, I guess it works best if he is still studying something. College could have worked great too.

Even though technicaly they would still be chosen children even as adults, the problem with that is that will won't be children.
Since they are still teens, they are still children, but if they make the characters to old, while they will get the nostalgia viewers they might not get many kids to watch.

I am wondering if this series will explain how some of the children got into the jobs they had in the time skip, while some made sense, others came out of nowhere.

I am also hoping they will include the 02 cast.
Though I must say, I had hoped that they made a new cast for the next Digimon series instead of using the cast from past series.

I am wondering if this series will explain how some of the children got into the jobs they had in the time skip, while some made sense, others came out of nowhere.
I'd be surprised if they didn't, assuming this is long enough for that. This would be THE way to serve as a bridge between the end of 02 and its epilogue.

Lurker
It would pretty awesome too see Veemon's Royal Knight Digivolutions and maybe some new DNA Digivolutons for the original Digidestined.

Read my smart post
This sounds great, my favorite Digimon season was season 3, but it will be fun to check in with the original cast

Shining~
I think a lot of hate for 02 came from the ending. I've heard that apparently even the voice actors and actresses are incredibly annoyed by the ending.

And yes, I dislike the ending :p
I don't mind if this new series has 02 cast and elements, but I wish this new series retcon the 02 ending.....

Speaking of 02 elements, perhaps this new series can be used to show us the alternate Armor Evolution forms that haven't show up in the anime before, like Kenkimon, Rabbitmon, and Togemogumon.

Last edited: