[Anime] Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Project: New Digimon Adventure Series next spring!

Henshin a Go-Go!!
I would've guessed that of all places, people here would be more down with Frontier; considering its essentially a sentai series with a Digimon coat of paint.

While I'm all for this sequel series and I dig that its actually after Adventure 02 (assuming 02 is still canon) I still want there to be new stuff. I feel like I would get rather bored if it ends up being the same digimon and digivolutions we've seen countless times with just a few new villains tacked on.
I'd like some new digimon for the good guys too. For the record, when I say "new", I don't mean; "its a digimon thats never been a digidestined's partner before" I mean new to digimon as a whole.

Last edited:
I like Season 2 a lot. I like Season 1-3 equally because they are all awesome. I hope they don't reboot it. Season 4 was garbage though.

same. in fact, it's my favourite out of all the series mainly because:

1) I've only seen bits of the first season when it was on TV over here and only became a frequent watcher when 02 came on. that and because I don't have much memories of the first season.

2) back then, I was reading a kids magazine and when I discovered that Tamers was going to be about a different bunch of kids, I gave up watching Digimon altogether. it's like me with Power Rangers. I just stopped caring when Lost Galaxy premiered over here and then... "Screw it, it's not the same gang anymore."

3) Tamers and Frontier had very interesting concepts, but due to me being so used to Taichi and gang, I never find the effort to get into it.

I'm not even sure if the fandom loathes 02 because of the American dub or something. I've seen the original version dubbed (my country aired the original Japanese versions dubbed in our own language) and I found it totally okay?

I hope they introduce the mega forms of the other Digidestineds Digimon.

oh yes. I was telling a friend that this morning. I know they've done that in the PSP game, but it's about time we see it happen in the anime series! :buttrock:

is Mayor of Farmville
Man...This teaser brought tears to my eyes. I'm guessing that this'll be an alternate retelling of the adventure in Zero Two...could be where instead of Daisuke, Iori, and Miyako...that Taichi and the others returned to help their Digimon partners battle the new evil.

And Cirno, I rather liked Zero Two.

Heroes are forever
I found 02 as thrilling as the first one when I watched it. If there's anything I dislike, if ever slightly, is only some of the professions the Digichosen got at the end.

I am cautiously optimistic too, only thing I find odd is that they chose High School. Though, I guess it works best if he is still studying something. College could have worked great too.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't expect to wake up to a Digimon Adventure sequel after sleeping in all Friday. My heart is still beating quickly in shock.

Granted, I would have been perfectly happy with a series with a brand new universe and cast entirely, since I’ve had grown to quite like the different takes on Digimon and if any writing clusterfucks follow, it’s usually restricted to that series/universe. Plus franchises like Power Rangers and Pretty Cure conditioned me to like that format even further.

Not that I’m not excited. I look forward to watching it. This just throws me off a bit from the series franchise expectations where you’ll never see the cast regularly again except in crossovers.

I haven't been able to track down a source but some posts are saying it's 3 years after 02. So around 2005, so expect technology and public events 9 years out of date. Which means school wise their grades are:
- Jyou would be in his final year of high school
- Taichi, Sora, and Yamato in 11th grade
- Koushirou in 10th grade.
- Guess Mimi would be in either 9th or 10th grade in America.
- Miyako in 9th grade.
- Daisuke, Takeru, Hikari, and Ken in 8th grade.
- Iori in 6th grade.

So over half are dealing with preparing for their entrance exams, since I've heard preparations for those exams begins before the final year. That should bring about amusing plots!

Edit: Ah, I was informed no official materials mentioned anything about 02. I hope it won't be cut out, I like the cast there. I guess the 3 years things came from Taichi's age, since he was 14 in 02.

Last edited:
Lurker
I'm a grown guy, the moment the song started (btw, that's Butterfly - Theatrical version) I turned into a little girl. I'm so hyped for this :laugh: