Toei brought the Den-O cast back... but not the actual Ryotaro and even Zeronos' actor only appeared for a cameo in the Den-O movie, not Decade itself.

The point is that they got the main cast back. If they can do that, you're telling me they couldn't get back Takeru Sato or any of the rest of them?

Yes, they can bring back the less notable actors, but their ability to bring back everyone, especially at a moment that fit with the timing of the production, is doubtful.

Well what was preventing them from bringing back the alumni for the movie if not the show? And I don't mean throwaway scenes like Kashu's.

Toei's recent magical girl franchise, Pretty Cure, started having crossover movies between multiple series... and Toei does bring everyone back everyone from multiple complete teams. However, that's an anime, which only has VAs. I'm pretty sure that, if it were just as easy to gather the actors, they'd have done it once at least. Even with Decade's current set up, that would have been possible in the series finale, All Riders, or even Movie Wars.

That just goes to show how cheap Toei can be. I understand the desire to make a product at the least possible cost, but you can't tell me there aren't other ways Toei can balance their budget without resorting to garbage like Decade.

The premise was about Decade traveling around in alternate worlds. They could have feature the original actor in that episode, and it'd probably have been pretty easy, but it'd be just inconsistent from a creative standpoint.

Well I suggested back when Decade was on that they could have done a show where Tsukasa takes the place of each star Rider in these alternate worlds that resulted from the merger. And he could learn something about them that helps him develop into his own Rider identity, yadda yadda yadda.

The point is that they got the main cast back. If they can do that, you're telling me they couldn't get back Takeru Sato or any of the rest of them?

Most likely Mizushima, Satoh and Odagiri were out of the question. They are too big right now.

As for Hosokawa, Takamasa and Handa... well I'm still baffled that they didn't get Handa. The other two, I have no clue. Hosokawa seemed to have ended his run on a bad note with his dis-contempt for how the show ended. So maybe him and Takamasa want to distance themselves from the series?

Most likely Mizushima, Satoh and Odagiri were out of the question. They are too big right now.

As for Hosokawa, Takamasa and Handa... well I'm still baffled that they didn't get Handa. The other two, I have no clue. Hosokawa seemed to have ended his run on a bad note with his dis-contempt for how the show ended. So maybe him and Takamasa want to distance themselves from the series?

When was this?

I don't know much about Hibiki's cast, but, as far as Den-O goes, they brought back two kids, a girl who has been working in toku for years and an older actor. They couldn't even bring Yuuto's actor for more than a cameo in Den-O's own movie. Even in these new 3 Chou Den-O movies, Yuuto apparently just appears in his own movie and is completely absent afterwards. It's pretty obvious that it IS harder to bring younger active actors rather than lower profile ones.

There are matters involving not only money, but also time allocation (because everything had to follow a very specific timing).

Well I suggested back when Decade was on that they could have done a show where Tsukasa takes the place of each star Rider in these alternate worlds that resulted from the merger. And he could learn something about them that helps him develop into his own Rider identity, yadda yadda yadda.

I remember your idea... but, really, how would that fix any of the complaints? You'd still get people complaining about how ridiculous it is an anniversary without the actual Riders. Rather than complain about the AU counterparts, people would just complain about Tsukasa being a bad replacement and Toei wanting to make people believe that he'd better than everyone else together.

There aren't many complaints about Decade's ability to turn into Riders because he obviously wasn't replacing them, but that wouldn't last if there weren't other Riders around Decade.

It'd also make almost every character found in those worlds just minor supporting material, rather than actual active protagonists of the stories.

Last edited:
When was this?

It comes from the super hero live 2006 cast interview.

What I said about Suga Takamasa was just a guess though. I've never really heard anything about his feelings about the series after it ended. We will never really know how much of the 6 leads being absent was due to Toei being stingy or some of the guys not wanting to return.

Last edited:
If Onodera's character development will be as equal as Godai's, maybe there's a possibility that he will never overshadow Decade as the star. Put Zeta Gundam an example: Kamille Bidan is the star but Amuro & Char were given important roles w/o overshadowing Kamille. They can do that in Decade but unfortunately, AU Kuuga became Decade's *****. It's an insult to the original.

That is such a lame, cheap, and demeaning excuse on Toei's part. If Tsubaraya can constantly bring back Ultra alumni for their shows, movies and specials, there really is no good excuse Toei can provide for not trying to do the same. This is more likely just them not giving a damn and thinking the fanbase is a bunch of schmucks who just like the cool costumes and not the characters. Maybe Aikawa read a bad fanfic once and for reasons unknown decided to adapt it into Decade >>

If Toei could get the main Hibiki and Den-O casts back for Decade, I am very skeptical of the idea that they couldn't obtain the stars of all nine previous Heisei shows and do a proper anniversary treat.

Toei was willing to bring back a majority of the original Riders back, they just didn't have the balls to gut their wallets out AND DO IT

I can agree on this. 'Cause Toei is like 'Hey, we want to make an awesome crossover Heisei Kamen Rider show that features every Heisei Rider in parallel worlds....

BUT WE DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY.

When was this?

"Even the show's star, Shigeki Hosokawa, who portrayed Hibiki, stated in his personal website that Inoue’s scripts "needed adjustments" and that this whole staff change was "fraudulent". With the first production staff, Hosokawa would join the writers meetings and give suggestions, however Hosokawa could not give his opinion in the second production staff meetings due to time restraints.

In an interview published on TV Asahi's main website, Hosokawa stated that the script for the final episode was rewritten on the final day of filming. He later said that the script was sent in so late that it arrived on set as the final battle was being filmed. This finale was scrapped and then a new ending that, according to Hosokawa, was nothing like the intended ending, was filmed. Later in the interview, Hosokawa said that the Oni suit used by Kiriya was a kitbash of two new suits made especially for the characters of Asumu and Kiriya. Hosokawa said that this was the most upsetting change to him as the final script had been rewritten six times at that point and all but the filmed version contained both Asumu and Kiriya becoming Oni.

In January 2006, at the Kamen Rider Super Live, Hosokawa stated that "The series was essentially an incomplete process" and that "It should not have ended that way"."
-Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Hibiki)

Admittedly, the article needs sources, but it seems legit. Besides, it's rather obvious watching the second half of Hibiki that Hosokawa was NOT enjoying it. There were points where he blatantly seemed to be dismissing the series through his acting. And I really don't blame him.

The same thing is stated on the Japanese wikipedia and mentioned on other Japanese sites.

wasn't hibiki not supposed to be a rider season at first?

On topic. Onodera was good before he became yuusless, I liked him better than godai, but that's probably because I haven't finished kuuga yet, not entirely sure if I want to, it got pretty boring.